|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(b) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(c) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(d) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(d) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
3. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is in a basement
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is free
(d) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
4. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's car
(b) Mr. Norton's car
(c) The veteran doctor
(d) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(b) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(c) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(d) Speeches that flattered the whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
2. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
5. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)