|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(c) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
2. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
(b) The veteran doctor
(c) Mr. Norton's car
(d) Mr. Trueblood's car
3. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals the truth
(b) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(c) The light reveals all things
(d) Truth is destined to come forth
4. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) He receives charity from the whites.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
3. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)