|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
(a) keeping his position
(b) preventing Mr. Norton from expelling the narrator
(d) getting even
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
(c) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(d) His wife forced him into it.
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(b) They didn't believe his story.
(c) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(d) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) The car was out of gas.
(b) He thought he could get medical help there
(c) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(d) Mr. Norton was driving
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(b) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(c) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(d) So the narrator will not become another casualty
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
2. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
5. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)