|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a liar
(b) a traitor
(c) an educated fool
(d) a slave
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) The college wants him to stay around.
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(c) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
4. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(b) lack of knowledge about himself
(c) unwillingness to face the truth
(d) invisible nature in relation to white people
5. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) four more radio-phonographs
(b) a phonograph player
(c) a kitchen
(d) a TV set
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
3. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)