|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That he should not be afraid of white men
(b) That he is doomed to failure
(c) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(d) That he is invisible
2. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
(b) a beating
(c) a cigar
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter the chapel joyfully.
4. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(b) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(c) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(d) The white residents simply ignore him.
5. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) invisible nature in relation to white people
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) lack of knowledge about himself
(d) unwillingness to face the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
2. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
3. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
4. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
5. What does the moon symbolize?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)