|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) returning to the states
(b) failing to fulfil his duty
(c) getting drunk
(d) saving a life
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) He receives charity from the whites.
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) The eye of God
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
5. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) New York
(b) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(c) to Mr. Norton
(d) back to the dormatory
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
2. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
3. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)