|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
2. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) The eye of God
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A lecture on morality
(c) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A hundred dollar bill
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(d) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
2. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
3. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
4. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
5. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)