|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
(a) The vet praises Mr. Norton.
(b) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of ulterior motives.
(c) The vet mocks Mr. Norton.
(d) The vet accuses Mr. Norton of deception.
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(b) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(c) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
3. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
(a) He thought he could get medical help there
(b) Mr. Norton was driving
(c) Mr. Norton ordered him to go there
(d) The car was out of gas.
4. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
5. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) No one has ever given him responsibility
(b) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(c) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
(d) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator recall having been given instead of a cigarette?
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
3. What does the moon symbolize?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)