|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Trueblood's car
(b) The veteran doctor
(c) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
(d) Mr. Norton's car
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(c) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(a) his vision
(d) the girl in his dream
4. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) back to the dormatory
(b) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(c) to Mr. Norton
(d) New York
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(b) He was a special singer at the college.
(c) He was an employee of the college.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
4. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
5. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)