|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The veteran doctor claims to have been beaten for what?
(a) failing to fulfil his duty
(b) saving a life
(c) returning to the states
(d) getting drunk
2. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(c) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
(b) the girl in his dream
(d) his vision
4. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
(a) Responsibility cannot happen without recognition
(b) No one has ever given him responsibility
(c) The downtrodden should not be expected to assume responsibility
(d) Because he is invisible, he doesn't know what responsibility to take
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A hundred dollar bill
(c) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A lecture on morality
Short Answer Questions
1. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
2. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)