|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) dreamer and cowards
(b) idealists and cowards
(c) lazy people and cowards
(d) sleepwalkers and dreamers
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(b) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(c) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
(d) The white residents simply ignore him.
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(b) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(c) They didn't believe his story.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
4. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to leave.
(b) He receives charity from the whites.
(c) The college wants him to stay around.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A hundred dollar bill
(d) A lecture on morality
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
3. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
4. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
5. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)