|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a liar
(b) an educated fool
(c) a slave
(d) a traitor
2. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) acting like a fool
(b) being kicked out of school
(c) being punished
(d) pride and dignity
3. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(b) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
(c) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(d) So the narrator will not become another casualty
4. The narrator considers himself an invisible man because ____________________.
(a) people subconsciously ignore him
(b) people can't see him
(c) people don't understand him
(d) people refuse to see him with their inner eyes
5. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of knowledge about himself
(b) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(c) unwillingness to face the truth
(d) invisible nature in relation to white people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)