|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals all things
(b) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(c) The light reveals the truth
(d) Truth is destined to come forth
2. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(b) dreamer and cowards
(c) idealists and cowards
(d) lazy people and cowards
3. Bledsoe tells the narrator that he should not worry about
(a) pride and dignity
(b) acting like a fool
(c) being punished
(d) being kicked out of school
4. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(c) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(d) They didn't believe his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
2. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
3. What does the narrator credit for his "call to action"?
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)