|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
2. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is free
(b) It is in a basement
(c) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(d) It is a white apartment house
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(b) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(c) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
5. What truth does the vet tell to the narrator that the narrator does not yet understand?
(a) That the white men are trying to destroy him
(b) That he is invisible
(c) That he is doomed to failure
(d) That he should not be afraid of white men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
2. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)