|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
(a) a liar
(b) a traitor
(c) a slave
(d) an educated fool
2. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
(a) a phonograph player
(b) a kitchen
(c) four more radio-phonographs
(d) a TV set
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) idealists and cowards
(b) lazy people and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) dreamer and cowards
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) a vison induced by marijuana
(b) something that happened to the narrator's father
(c) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(d) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a special singer at the college.
(b) He was an employee of the college.
(c) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vet react when Mr. Norton tries to explain his interest in the college?
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)