|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most unusual about the narrator's residence?
(a) It is filled with over 1300 light bulbs
(b) It is a white apartment house
(c) It is free
(d) It is in a basement
2. The dark tunnel is symbolic of the narrator's
(a) lack of understanding about culture and society as a whole
(b) lack of knowledge about himself
(c) unwillingness to face the truth
(d) invisible nature in relation to white people
3. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a mental institution
(c) To a chapel
(d) To a statue
4. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(b) lazy people and cowards
(c) idealists and cowards
(d) dreamer and cowards
5. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
(a) So the narrator will not become another casualty
(b) So the narrator will take up the cause of the vets
(c) So the narrator will persuade Mr. Norton to give a donation
(d) So the narrator will return to the Golden Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
2. Of what does the vet accuse Mr. Norton?
3. What does Dr. Bledsoe call the narrator?
4. Dr. Bledsoe is preoccupied with what?
5. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)