|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he is watching people leave the chapel?
(a) Mr. Norton's car
(b) The veteran doctor
(c) Mr. Trueblood's car
(d) Dr. Bledsoe's cadillac
2. Which of the following represents the narrator's philosophy?
(a) The light reveals all things
(b) The light reveals the truth
(c) The truth is the light and the light is the truth
(d) Truth is destined to come forth
3. What two groups of people must pay the price for being irresponsible?
(a) dreamer and cowards
(b) idealists and cowards
(c) sleepwalkers and dreamers
(d) lazy people and cowards
4. Where does Bledsoe tell the narrator to go?
(a) back to the Golden Day for the name of the doctor
(b) New York
(c) to Mr. Norton
(d) back to the dormatory
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(b) They didn't believe his story.
(c) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(d) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the narrator like to add to his "hole"?
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
3. How does the narrator excuse his lack of responsibility?
4. What is the narrator's explanation for taking Mr. Norton to the Golden Day?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)