|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
2. How is the narrator's invisibility related to his residence?
(a) He is able to come and go without being noticed.
(b) He lives in a building for whites and uses their electricity because they cannot conceive of his presence.
(c) The white residents simply ignore him.
(d) The whites allow him to stay there because they consider him unimportant.
3. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a statue
(c) To a chapel
(d) To a mental institution
4. The image of the slave owners bidding for a naked girl is
(a) something the narrator recalls from his childhood
(b) something that happened to the narrator's father
(c) a vison induced by marijuana
(d) a picture the narrator had seen in a book
5. What does the narrator discuss with the woman in his dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the vet want the narrator to hear his story?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. How does the narrator get past the drunken vet in the road?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)