|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To a statue
(b) To a chapel
(c) To the college
(d) To a mental institution
3. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's all she can afford
(b) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(c) The narrator has asked for it.
(d) It's a reminder of the south
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(c) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(d) They didn't believe his story.
5. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) The eye of God
(c) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(d) The vision of those in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
3. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
4. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)