|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) give a speech
(b) sign a commitment
(c) sing a spiritual
2. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) The narrator has asked for it.
(b) It's a reminder of the south
(c) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(d) It's all she can afford
3. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) The hardly seem to notice him.
(c) They are very nice to him.
(d) They appear to be making fun of him.
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(c) They didn't believe his story.
(d) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
5. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(b) The secretary will not admit him.
(c) Mr. Bates is not in.
(d) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
3. What does the moon symbolize?
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
5. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)