|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(b) They didn't believe his story.
(c) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He has no money to contribute
(b) He probably won't fit in with the group
(c) He isn't black enough.
(d) He is too indecisive
3. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The eye of God
(d) The vision of those in power.
4. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) a prison
(b) a mental ward
(c) the factory hospital
(d) a hospital
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
2. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)