|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(d) They enter with dread and hesitation.
3. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He is too indecisive
(b) He isn't black enough.
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He has no money to contribute
4. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(c) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
3. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
4. What do some of the black men carry?
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)