|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was an employee of the college.
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
2. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) The eye of God
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(c) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
4. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(b) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(c) His wife forced him into it.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
5. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
(a) Mr. Norton
(b) The Founder
(c) Booker T Washington
(d) Dr, Bledsoe
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
2. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
4. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)