|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He is too tired
(b) He is trying to protect himself
(c) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(d) He can't remember it.
2. What do some of the black men carry?
(a) pouches strapped to their wrists
(d) brief cases
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Reverend Barbee is blind.
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
(b) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
(c) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(d) He fears a conspiracy.
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A hundred dollar bill
(b) A lecture on morality
(c) A bottle of whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
3. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
4. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
5. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)