|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) sign a commitment
(c) give a speech
(d) sing a spiritual
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) The hardly seem to notice him.
(b) They are rude to him.
(c) They appear to be making fun of him.
(d) They are very nice to him.
3. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He isn't black enough.
(b) He is too indecisive
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He has no money to contribute
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is not in.
(b) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(c) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(d) The secretary will not admit him.
5. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) Those of their own party
(b) Black people
(c) White people
(d) all people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
4. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)