|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) all people
(b) Black people
(c) Those of their own party
(d) White people
2. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(b) Mr. Bates is not in.
(c) The secretary will not admit him.
(d) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
3. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's a reminder of the south
(b) The narrator has asked for it.
(c) It's all she can afford
(d) She thinks it will please the narrator.
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(b) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
5. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the sight of other black people
(b) a Gideon Bible
(c) a message from Mr. Norton
(d) the letters he carries
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)