|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a special singer at the college.
(b) He was an employee of the college.
(c) He was a guest lecturer
(d) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
2. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) The college wants him to stay around.
(b) Other men have done the same thing.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) He receives charity from the whites.
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
(a) He fears a conspiracy.
(b) He thinks the secretaries are not telling him the truth.
(c) He fears there may not be any jobs after all.
(d) He thinks no one is seeing the letters he submitted.
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
3. What does the moon symbolize?
4. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)