|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) He is too tired
(c) He is trying to protect himself
(d) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
2. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) Those of their own party
(b) Black people
(c) White people
(d) all people
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) They appear to be making fun of him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They are very nice to him.
5. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He is too indecisive
(b) He has no money to contribute
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He isn't black enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
2. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
3. What do some of the black men carry?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)