|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
(b) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(c) They didn't believe his story.
(d) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
2. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) It's all she can afford
(b) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(c) The narrator has asked for it.
(d) It's a reminder of the south
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(b) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) The eye of God
(d) Intellectual vision that is defective
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(b) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(c) They have taken all the narrator's money.
(d) They have damaged the narrator's personality
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
2. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
3. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
4. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
5. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)