|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(b) He was an employee of the college.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was a guest lecturer
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(b) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) all people
(b) Those of their own party
(c) White people
(d) Black people
4. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
(b) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
(c) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(d) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) The college wants him to leave.
(c) The college wants him to stay around.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
2. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
4. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)