|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He is too indecisive
(b) He isn't black enough.
(c) He probably won't fit in with the group
(d) He has no money to contribute
2. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(b) He can't remember it.
(c) He is too tired
(d) He is trying to protect himself
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee is blind.
4. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) all people
(b) White people
(c) Black people
(d) Those of their own party
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(b) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(c) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(d) They enter with dread and hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
3. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
4. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
5. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)