|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) The eye of God
(d) Intellectual vision that is defective
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a chapel
(c) To a statue
(d) To a mental institution
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
(a) The veteran doctor had predicted that the narrator would dance with a white woman.
(b) He is the only black man she dances with at the party.
(c) She is the first white woman he ever danced with.
(d) He had at first refused the offer to dance with her.
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(b) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(c) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(d) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
2. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
3. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
4. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)