|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His wife forced him into it.
(b) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(c) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
2. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
(a) He is the only black man she dances with at the party.
(b) The veteran doctor had predicted that the narrator would dance with a white woman.
(c) She is the first white woman he ever danced with.
(d) He had at first refused the offer to dance with her.
3. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(a) a prefrontal lobotomy
(b) mind control implants
(c) both castration and a lobotomy
4. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
(a) his strength
(b) his motivation
(c) his fear
(d) his cash
5. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(b) A hundred dollar bill
(c) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A lecture on morality
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the black men carry?
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
3. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)