|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They are rude to him.
(b) They appear to be making fun of him.
(c) The hardly seem to notice him.
(d) They are very nice to him.
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) give a speech
(b) sing a spiritual
(c) sign a commitment
4. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) the factory hospital
(b) a prison
(c) a mental ward
(d) a hospital
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(b) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(c) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(d) They enter the chapel joyfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
2. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
3. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)