|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(b) sing a spiritual
(c) sign a commitment
(d) give a speech
2. What does the doctor mean when he says they "picked poor robin clean"?
(a) They have damaged the narrator's personality
(b) They have completely destroyed the narrator's memories
(c) They have eliminated any possibility of getting a job.
(d) They have taken all the narrator's money.
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
(a) They secretly enjoyed hearing his story.
(b) They didn't believe his story.
(c) They were horrified by his story and tried to get him to move.
(d) They were angry and kept him in town as an example of how not to behave.
4. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) Black people
(b) Those of their own party
(c) all people
(d) White people
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
(a) His daughter dliberately seduced him.
(b) He confused his wife with his daughter because they were all in the same bed.
(c) His wife forced him into it.
(d) He acted in a dream and didn't know what he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)