|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
(a) Booker T Washington
(b) Mr. Norton
(c) The Founder
(d) Dr, Bledsoe
2. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the letters he carries
(b) a Gideon Bible
(c) the sight of other black people
(d) a message from Mr. Norton
3. What do some of the black men carry?
(c) pouches strapped to their wrists
(d) brief cases
4. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) The hardly seem to notice him.
(b) They are very nice to him.
(c) They appear to be making fun of him.
(d) They are rude to him.
5. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) He is trying to protect himself
(c) He is too tired
(d) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
2. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
3. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
4. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
5. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)