|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
2. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
(a) He is too tired
(b) He doesn't realize that he hasn't said anything
(c) He is trying to protect himself
(d) He can't remember it.
3. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) a prison
(b) the factory hospital
(c) a mental ward
(d) a hospital
4. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is not in.
(b) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(c) The secretary will not admit him.
(d) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
5. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
2. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
3. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
4. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)