|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
(a) They appear to be making fun of him.
(b) They are rude to him.
(c) They are very nice to him.
(d) The hardly seem to notice him.
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(b) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(c) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(d) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
4. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
(a) his cash
(b) his fear
(c) his strength
(d) his motivation
5. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He isn't black enough.
(b) He probably won't fit in with the group
(c) He has no money to contribute
(d) He is too indecisive
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not tell the doctors his name after the procedure?
2. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
4. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)