|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) Intellectual vision that is defective
(b) The vision of those in power.
(c) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(d) The eye of God
2. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) the factory hospital
(b) a mental ward
(c) a hospital
(d) a prison
3. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(a) mind control implants
(b) a prefrontal lobotomy
(d) both castration and a lobotomy
4. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
(a) He is concerned about being able to buy food.
(b) He is afraid he will run out of money for rent.
(c) He hopes to save enough money for his fall tuition.
(d) He does not want to appear broke if he has to ask for credit for his room rent.
5. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) the sight of other black people
(b) a message from Mr. Norton
(c) a Gideon Bible
(d) the letters he carries
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
2. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
3. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
4. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
5. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)