|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A hundred dollar bill
(b) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A lecture on morality
2. What had Mr. Trueblood done prior to his disgrace?
(a) He was a guest lecturer
(b) He had been involved in tutoring the black students.
(c) He was a special singer at the college.
(d) He was an employee of the college.
3. What is ironic about the narrator's dance with Emma?
(a) She is the first white woman he ever danced with.
(b) The veteran doctor had predicted that the narrator would dance with a white woman.
(c) He is the only black man she dances with at the party.
(d) He had at first refused the offer to dance with her.
4. What do some of the black men carry?
(b) pouches strapped to their wrists
(c) brief cases
5. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(b) both castration and a lobotomy
(c) a prefrontal lobotomy
(d) mind control implants
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trueblood's story suggest about the white men at the jail house?
2. What does the narrator fear is the reason for his inability to get an appointment with the trustees?
3. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
4. After whom does the narrator say he wants to pattern himself?
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)