|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the Brotherhood claim to work?
(a) Those of their own party
(b) all people
(c) White people
(d) Black people
2. What fault does Emma find with the narrator?
(a) He has no money to contribute
(b) He is too indecisive
(c) He isn't black enough.
(d) He probably won't fit in with the group
3. In Chapter 14, why is Mary cooking cabbage?
(a) The narrator has asked for it.
(b) She thinks it will please the narrator.
(c) It's a reminder of the south
(d) It's all she can afford
4. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) a prison
(b) a hospital
(c) a mental ward
(d) the factory hospital
5. What is ironic about Trueblood's situation?
(a) He receives charity from the whites.
(b) The college wants him to stay around.
(c) The college wants him to leave.
(d) Other men have done the same thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
2. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
3. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
4. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)