|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Norton give to Trueblood?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A lecture on morality
(d) A hundred dollar bill
2. Where does the narrator find himself in chapter 11?
(a) the factory hospital
(b) a mental ward
(c) a prison
(d) a hospital
3. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) give a speech
(c) sing a spiritual
(d) sign a commitment
4. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
(a) a Gideon Bible
(b) a message from Mr. Norton
(c) the sight of other black people
(d) the letters he carries
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(b) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(c) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(d) They enter with dread and hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to his memories, what else has the narrator lost?
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
3. What does the cord in chapter 11 symbolize?
4. What does the moon symbolize?
5. What is Trueblood's explanation of the rape of his daughter?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)