|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man at the party ask the narrator to do?
(a) sing a spiritual
(c) give a speech
(d) sign a commitment
2. What procedure is performed on the narrator?
(b) both castration and a lobotomy
(c) a prefrontal lobotomy
(d) mind control implants
3. Why is the narrator unable to see Mr. Bates?
(a) Mr. Bates is too busy to be seen.
(b) There are no jobs in Mr. Bates' department
(c) Mr. Bates is not in.
(d) The secretary will not admit him.
4. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
5. Where does the road in the college town ultimately lead?
(a) To the college
(b) To a mental institution
(c) To a statue
(d) To a chapel
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator homesick when he first gets to New York?
2. What does the narrator notice about the whites in the city?
3. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
4. Why is the narrator initially concerned about finding work as soon as possible?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)