|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(d) audio imagery
2. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
(a) get a new job
(b) make speeches
(c) marry Mary Rambo
(d) spend time alone
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(b) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(c) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(d) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) She needs the company
(b) She is in love with him
(c) To take advantage of him
(d) To take care of him
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Westrum
(b) Brother Clifton
(c) Brother Jack
(d) Brother Hambro
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
3. What does the moon symbolize?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)