|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) The eye of God
2. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) To take care of him
(b) She needs the company
(c) To take advantage of him
(d) She is in love with him
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Brother Hambro
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Dr. Bledsoe
(d) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
4. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) a desire for revenge
(b) his naive outlook on life
(c) the memory of Mr. Norton
(d) an urgency to find a job
5. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(b) Other women seem to want to
(c) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(d) The woman does not want him to return
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
3. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
4. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
5. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)