|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) the memory of Mr. Norton
(b) an urgency to find a job
(c) his naive outlook on life
(d) a desire for revenge
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a gesture of seduction
(b) a compliment
(c) a word of advice
(d) an insult
3. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Westrum
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Hambro
(d) Brother Clifton
4. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(b) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(c) The woman does not want him to return
(d) Other women seem to want to
5. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) To take care of him
(b) To take advantage of him
(c) She is in love with him
(d) She needs the company
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
2. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
3. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)