|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(c) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(d) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
2. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(b) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
3. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The eye of God
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Clifton
(b) Brother Hambro
(c) Brother Westrum
(d) Brother Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
5. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)