|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(b) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(c) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(d) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(b) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(c) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(d) Speeches that flattered the whites.
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) a desire for revenge
(b) his naive outlook on life
(c) an urgency to find a job
(d) the memory of Mr. Norton
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) To take advantage of him
(b) To take care of him
(c) She needs the company
(d) She is in love with him
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(d) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
2. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
4. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
5. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)