|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee is blind.
2. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
(a) spend time alone
(b) make speeches
(c) marry Mary Rambo
(d) get a new job
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Brother Hambro
(b) Dr. Bledsoe
(c) Brother Jack
(d) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(b) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(c) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(d) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
5. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The eye of God
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
2. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
3. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
4. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
5. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)