|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
(a) The man greeted him with hostility.
(b) The man insulted him.
(c) The man was preaching nonsense.
(d) He thinks the man is Bledsoe.
2. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to discuss ideologies
(b) to seduce her
(c) because she has seduced him
(d) to meet her husband
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) a desire for revenge
(b) the memory of Mr. Norton
(c) an urgency to find a job
(d) his naive outlook on life
4. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Brother Jack
(b) Brother Hambro
(c) Dr. Bledsoe
(d) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(b) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(c) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
2. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
3. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
4. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
5. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)