|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The eye of God
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) Intellectual vision that is defective
(d) The vision of those in power.
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
(a) motivation to keep going
(b) money to live on
(c) his interest in returning to college
(d) A sense of direction
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(b) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(c) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(d) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(b) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(c) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(d) They enter the chapel joyfully.
5. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to meet her husband
(b) to discuss ideologies
(c) to seduce her
(d) because she has seduced him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
2. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
3. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
4. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
5. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)