|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to meet her husband
(b) because she has seduced him
(c) to seduce her
(d) to discuss ideologies
2. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe
(b) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
(c) Brother Jack
(d) Brother Hambro
3. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The eye of God
(d) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
4. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(c) audio imagery
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(c) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
4. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
5. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)