|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(c) audio imagery
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(b) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
(c) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(d) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
3. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(b) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(c) Other women seem to want to
(d) The woman does not want him to return
4. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(b) Intellectual vision that is defective
(c) The vision of those in power.
(d) The eye of God
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(b) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
(c) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(d) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
2. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
3. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
4. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
5. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)