|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(b) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(c) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
2. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(a) audio imagery
3. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Hambro
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Westrum
(d) Brother Clifton
4. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(b) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(c) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
5. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The woman does not want him to return
(b) Other women seem to want to
(c) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(d) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
2. What does the moon symbolize?
3. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
5. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)