|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(b) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
2. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) to discuss ideologies
(b) to meet her husband
(c) to seduce her
(d) because she has seduced him
3. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The woman does not want him to return
(b) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(c) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(d) Other women seem to want to
4. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
(a) The veteran doctor at the Golden Day
(b) Dr. Bledsoe
(c) Brother Hambro
(d) Brother Jack
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Reverend Barbee is blind.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(c) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(d) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
2. What does the moon symbolize?
3. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)