|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
(a) Dr. Bledsoe forgets to pull his legs back
(b) Someone distracts Reverend Barbee
(c) Reverend Barbee isn't watching where he is going.
(d) Reverend Barbee is blind.
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
(b) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(c) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(d) They enter with dread and hesitation.
3. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) because she has seduced him
(b) to discuss ideologies
(c) to seduce her
(d) to meet her husband
4. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
(a) To create a sense of awe in relation to Dr. Bledsoe
(b) To indoctrinate the students regarding the religion of the college.
(c) To help the students understand how important the college is to the black community.
(d) To help the students appreciate the Founder's real sacrifice
5. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a compliment
(b) an insult
(c) a gesture of seduction
(d) a word of advice
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
2. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
3. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
4. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
5. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)