|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
(a) his interest in returning to college
(b) motivation to keep going
(c) A sense of direction
(d) money to live on
2. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
(a) because she has seduced him
(b) to seduce her
(c) to discuss ideologies
(d) to meet her husband
3. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
(a) a desire for revenge
(b) his naive outlook on life
(c) the memory of Mr. Norton
(d) an urgency to find a job
4. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
(a) They enter with the love a captured people has for their conquerors.
(b) They enter the chapel joyfully.
(c) They enter with dread and hesitation.
(d) They enter the chapel with resentment and fear.
5. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) an insult
(b) a gesture of seduction
(c) a compliment
(d) a word of advice
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the moon symbolize?
2. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
4. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
5. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)