|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(a) audio imagery
2. Why does Mary Rambo want to take the narrator home?
(a) She needs the company
(b) To take advantage of him
(c) To take care of him
(d) She is in love with him
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(b) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
(c) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(d) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
4. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Clifton
(b) Brother Westrum
(c) Brother Hambro
(d) Brother Jack
5. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
(a) Her husband is away
(b) the woman is single
(c) the woman is divorced
(d) her husband is dead
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
2. In spite of losing his identity, what does the narrator retain?
3. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
4. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
5. What is the real purpose of the Reverend's speech?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)