|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do in Chapter 12?
(a) get a new job
(b) make speeches
(c) marry Mary Rambo
(d) spend time alone
2. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
(a) Speeches that expressed his frustration in cultural symbolism.
(b) Genuine speeches that expressed how he felt.
(c) Speeches that flattered the whites.
(d) Phony speeches with notes supplied by white men.
3. What does the moon symbolize?
(a) The vision of those in power.
(b) An eye that sees only what it chooses.
(c) The eye of God
(d) Intellectual vision that is defective
4. Upon the narrator's return to Harlem, he learns which of the following individuals has disappeared from the Brotherhood?
(a) Brother Westrum
(b) Brother Jack
(c) Brother Clifton
(d) Brother Hambro
5. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a word of advice
(b) a compliment
(c) an insult
(d) a gesture of seduction
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
2. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
3. Who had predicted the narrator's relationship with the white woman?
4. Why does the narrator go to the white woman's apartment in Chapter 19?
5. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)