|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator think that his night with the white woman was a trap?
(a) The woman does not want him to return
(b) The Brotherhood is mysteriously silent regarding his activities
(c) He dimly remembers the appearance of another man
(d) Other women seem to want to
2. When the woman says the narrator's voice is "primitive," she actually intends the statement as
(a) a compliment
(b) a gesture of seduction
(c) a word of advice
(d) an insult
3. According to Reverend Barbee, why does Dr. Bledsoe enjoy a position of apparent power?
(a) The Founder told Reverend Barbee that Bledsoe deserved the position.
(b) Dr. Bledsoe had performed favors for the Founder.
(c) The Founder, with his dying breath, asked Bledsoe to continue in his leadership
(d) The Founder and Bledsoe were related.
4. What does the narrator discover when he gets to the woman's apartment?
(a) the woman is divorced
(b) her husband is dead
(c) the woman is single
(d) Her husband is away
5. The narrator's need to give speeches is an example of what literary device?
(a) audio imagery
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speeches has the narrator given from the stage in the chapel?
2. How does the narrator describe the students as they enter the chapel?
3. Why does the narrator dump slush on a man's head?
4. What does the narrator lack in Chapter 12?
5. Why does the Reverend Barbee trip over Dr. Bledsoe?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)