1. Where was the novel written?
(b) New York
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
(b) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(c) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(d) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A slave
(b) An African American pilot
(c) A sharecropper
(d) An African American author
4. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right for fair employment
(b) The right to fight
(c) Their freedoms
(d) The right for education
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
(a) There are so many people like the hero that no one notices them.
(b) The character does not understand the truth of his situation.
(c) The character has deliberately denied his true place in society.
(d) Whites are morally blind to the checks and balances imposed on the African Americans.
This section contains 5,839 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)