1. Where was the novel written?
(c) New York
2. According to Ellison, which of the following is true during times of war?
(a) African American soldiers are considered heros by other nationalities
(b) African American soldiers are valued less than white soldiers.
(c) African American soldiers have greater stature than white soldiers
(d) African American soldiers and white soldiers are equal.
3. Ellison's original story was written about which of the following?
(a) A sharecropper
(b) An African American author
(c) An African American pilot
(d) A slave
4. According to Ellison, for what have African Americans historically had to fight?
(a) The right to fight
(b) The right for fair employment
(c) The right for education
(d) Their freedoms
5. The concept of the character as invisible is symbolic of which of the following conditions?
(a) The character does not understand the truth of his situation.
(b) Whites are morally blind to the checks and balances imposed on the African Americans.
(c) The character has deliberately denied his true place in society.
(d) There are so many people like the hero that no one notices them.
This section contains 5,839 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)