* Ellison's story begins to reveal itself while he is on sick leave in Vermont
* Ellison's original story is about an African pilot in a prisoner of war camp.
* Ellison becomes aware of the complex issue of identity.
* Ellison sees and advertisement for the "Tom" show and becomes aware of the issue of African American identity.
* Ellison creates a character who can think as well as act
* The narrator introduces himself as the invisible man that people cannot see with their inner eyes.
* The narrator explains that he lives in a basement filled with over 1300 lights.
* The narrator explains his dream under the influence of marijuana.
* The narrator explains his grandfather's last words.
* On graduation day the boys are brought in front of a naked blond girl.
* The boys are teased with an electrified rug containing coins.
* The narrator receives a scholarship to a college for black...
This section contains 1,645 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)