|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Shannon want to do in the glass elevator?
2. What is the new name Brandy uses to introduce Shannon to the realtor?
3. What do Shannon and Brandy search for along with the drugs?
4. Where does Shannon go when her bandages come off?
5. What objects do Seth, Brandy, and Shannon throw from the Space Needle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing Shannon has wanted to be asked?
2. Why does Evie live in a mansion in the suburbs?
3. Why does Brandy make Rona Barrett her new Supreme Being?
4. What secret does Shannon write on her postcard at the Space Needle?
5. What article of clothing does Brandy suggest Shannon wear?
6. Why does Shannon prefer to think of her brother as dead?
7. Why does Shannon feel she is in competition with Brandy and Evie in the first scene?
8. What is Brandy's final request to Shannon before she dies?
9. What has Shannon told her parents, instead of telling them about the accident?
10. Why is Shannon angry when we sees herself, Manus, and Evie in the infomercial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brandy is inspired by Miss Rona's idea of ripping yourself open and sewing yourself shut. What exactly does Miss Rona say needs to be done? Why is Brandy inspired by her ordeal? How has Miss Rona's ordeal been reflected in Brandy? How has it reflectedd in Shannon or Evie? Has Miss Rona escaped the societal trap of sameness?
Essay Topic 2
Is P.F.L.A.G a real organization? Do some research on the organization. If not, find a comparable rights group and research into their structure. How does the organization work? What are their outreach programs? Are there testimonials from parents, like Shannon and Shane's parents about dealing with prejudice or loss? Be sure to cite your information.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Shannon gets more and more extreme in her actions. Detail her evolution from start to finish. How is the first Shannon we meet in the novel different from the final Shannon? Does she truly change in the novel? What are the major events that change her? What are the implications of the fires she sets? Choose specific events in the novel that are game-changers for her character.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)