|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the policeman think happened to the remains of Shannon's face?
2. What year is Miss Rona's autobiography copyrighted?
3. What has Shannon told her parents to avoid telling them about the accident?
4. Why is the group going to Seattle?
5. What does Shannon find in Evie's closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brandy introduce Shannon to veils?
2. Why is Shannon angry when we sees herself, Manus, and Evie in the infomercial?
3. Why is Shannon upset that Evie borrowed her clothes?
4. What subject is Evie most interested in during the pretend dramas she enacts with Shannon at the department store?
5. After arriving at the hospital, what surprises Shannon about the others in the waiting room?
6. What device does the author employ again and again to convey Shannon's emotions?
7. What secret does Shannon write on her postcard at the Space Needle?
8. What is Brandy's final request to Shannon before she dies?
9. What accident does Shane have when he was fifteen?
10. Why have Brandy and her comrades come to the open house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is P.F.L.A.G a real organization? Do some research on the organization. If not, find a comparable rights group and research into their structure. How does the organization work? What are their outreach programs? Are there testimonials from parents, like Shannon and Shane's parents about dealing with prejudice or loss? Be sure to cite your information.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, each character goes through a transformation. Go through each major character one by one and explains their journey and ultimate conclusion. Be sure to use specifics from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Shannon gets more and more extreme in her actions. Detail her evolution from start to finish. How is the first Shannon we meet in the novel different from the final Shannon? Does she truly change in the novel? What are the major events that change her? What are the implications of the fires she sets? Choose specific events in the novel that are game-changers for her character.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)