|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brandy demand silence as the three approach the Canadian border into the USA?
2. What item does the policeman at the border want to see?
3. What happens to Shannon's brother's face?
4. What does Shannon steal from the store?
5. What is the scene setting in the beginning of Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Shannon told her parents, instead of telling them about the accident?
2. What is Shannon's father's strategy for selling his pigs at market?
3. When the realtor talks about Canadian currency, why does it give the group pause?
4. Why does Evie live in a mansion in the suburbs?
5. Why does Shannon prefer to think of her brother as dead?
6. What causes Shannon's disfigurement?
7. What happens on the day that Shannon's bandages are removed when she visits the grocery store?
8. What is Seth's theory about television?
9. Why does Manus have pornography magazines around his apartment?
10. How does Shannon describe the basic idea of modeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, each character goes through a transformation. Go through each major character one by one and explains their journey and ultimate conclusion. Be sure to use specifics from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Brandy credits the Rhea sisters with making her who she is. Who exactly are the Rhea sisters? How do the Rhea sisters help Brandy once she finds them? Why did Brandy allow the Rhea sisters to make her over? Who is responsible for calling Brandy's family with the news that she is dead? What kind of attitude do the Rheas instill in Brandy and how does this enable her adventures?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of an invisible monster is present throughout the novel. How does this idea apply to each of the main characters? What kind of invisible monsters are affecting their lives? In Shannon's case, how does feeling like an invisible monster hinder her? Does it help her? Why or why not? Be sure to use citations from the text to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)