|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Manus disappeared to at the reception?
(a) He is outside taking a nap.
(b) He is engaged in sex with Evie's new husband in the closet.
(c) He is upstairs in the fire.
(d) He has stolen the car and left for California.
2. Why has Brandy gone through the process thus far of becoming a woman?
(a) She has alway felt inside that she is female.
(b) It is the biggest mistake that she can think to make.
(c) The Rhea sisters insist that she has no other choice.
(d) She is in love with a man who asks her to change.
3. How does Shane's family find out about his homosexuality?
(a) They get a call from his doctor and learn that his "strep throat" was an STD.
(b) They get a letter from him after he has run away.
(c) Shannon tells them.
(d) He sits everyone down at the dinner table one evening to tell them.
4. Who is Seth Thomas?
(a) He is Manus Kelley, Shannon's former fiance.
(b) He is Shane McFarland, Shannon's brother.
(c) He is Sofanda Peters in disguise.
(d) He is Evie's brother.
5. What does Shannon give Shane?
(a) She gives him flowers.
(b) She gives him her life.
(c) She gives him makeup.
(d) She gives him Manus.
6. Where does Shannon go after burning Evie's house down?
(a) She goes to the shopping mall.
(b) She goes to the Congress Hotel.
(c) She goes to Manus's house.
(d) She goes home to her parents.
7. What kind of car does Manus have?
(a) A Chevy Corsica.
(b) A Ford Explorer.
(c) A Toyota Pris.
(d) A Fiat Spider.
8. What does Shannon envision as she realizes she has been set up by Evie?
(a) She envisions her parents at Christmastime.
(b) She envisions her poor dead brother, Shane.
(c) She envision the hideous outfit that Evie would have buried her in.
(d) She envisions her wedding to Manus and wishes it could be so.
9. What organization is Shannon now a part of in memory of Shane?
10. Who is the main suspect in the investigation Brandy's (Shane's) hairspray accident?
(a) Manus Kelley.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
11. How long does it take Shannon, Brandy, and Manus to drive from California to Oregon?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
12. Why does Shannon shoot herself?
(a) She is consumed with guilt about Shane.
(b) She is addicted to being beautiful and needs to shake herself of the addiction.
(c) She is trying to kill herself.
(d) She wants her parents to notice her.
13. What would Shannon insist to Evie's mother upon her death?
(a) She would insist that Evie wanted to be buried sans makeup.
(b) She would insist the Evie wanted to be cremated.
(c) She would insist the Evie wanted a closed casket.
(d) She would insist that Evie did not want a funeral.
14. What has Shannon's mother purchased so she can "practice?"
15. What event do they attend at Evie's new house?
(a) They attend her funeral.
(b) They attend her wedding reception.
(c) They attend Brandy's wedding.
(d) They attend a baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Shannon decided against reconstructive surgery?
2. What condition puts Shannon in danger every time she falls asleep?
3. What do Shannon and Brandy discover in the trunk of Manus's car?
4. During the argument, what does Shannon want to do?
5. Who is Brandy Alexander?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)