Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Penates and the Lares?
2. Octavia is full of:
3. Clarice is known for its cycle of death and rebirth and:
4. What do the residents of Ersilia do?
5. What is one of Khan's biggest worries regarding his empire?
Khan alternates between being pessimistic and being optimistic about his empire.
1) What concerns and hopes does Khan have about his empire? Cite specific examples.
2) How do Polo's stories fuel or soothe the emperor's worries and ambitions?
3) Seeing Khan at odds with himself, how does Polo use this opportunity to expand the emperor's understanding of the cities within his empire?
A common thread through Polo's tales of Khan's cities is "dreams and imagination." His stories are not only informative, but also extremely entertaining for the emperor thanks to the element of fantasy Polo employs.
1) Using specific examples from the book, explain how Marco Polo carries the theme of "dreams and imagination" in his stories.
2) How does this theme grab and hook Khan into Polo's tales?
Is it ever possible to tell whether Polo's stories have any truth to them or are completely made up? Why or why not? What examples or book passages support your conclusion?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)