|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Someone in Thekla will see what?
(a) A sea of signs.
(b) Rows of empty flower pots.
(c) Shadows drifting overhead.
(d) Very little of the city.
2. As Polo studies the wood of Khan's chessboard, what does he point out?
(a) Its rich red color.
(b) Its natural flaws.
(c) That it's getting late.
(d) That they've not had dinner yet.
3. When Polo finds Khan seated at a chessboard, what does the emperor invite Polo to do?
(a) Use the chess pieces to describe cities he has visited.
(b) Sit and play a game with him.
(c) Have a cup of tea while Khan finishes his game.
(d) Teach him how to play the game.
4. Why does Khan question Polo's motives for travel?
(a) He hears the longing in Polo's voice.
(b) He no longer wants to fund Polo's travels.
(c) He stops trusting Polo.
(d) Polo is a complete mystery to him.
5. In Eusapia, what is there really is no way of knowing anymore?
(a) How long the city has existed.
(b) Who is alive and who is dead.
(c) Whether or not the dead truly are communicating with the living.
(d) How long its underground counterpart has existed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, as Khan sits in his palace visualizing the growth of his empire, what does he see?
2. In Clarice, people take parts of the old city and use them in different ways for what?
3. The people in the city of Irene are:
4. In Trude, only the name of what changes?
5. To make the passing from life to death less abrupt, what have the people of Eusapia done?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)