|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Clarice, people take parts of the old city and use them in different ways for what?
(a) Building the new city.
(b) Decorating their homes and gardens.
(c) Building musical instruments.
(d) Creating tools for growing crops and hunting.
2. In Chapter 6, Polo claims that he's reached the point where, in the number of people he has known:
(a) The dead outnumber the living.
(b) His friends outnumber his enemies.
(c) Very few are worth remembering.
(d) He recalls all faces but few names.
3. Each person in Melania is what?
(a) Born into a role.
(b) Tested at the age of five.
(c) Expected to understand existence.
(d) Regarded as both mother and father to everyone else.
4. As Khan studies the wood of his chessboard, Polo begins to talk of:
(a) Tattoos, flowers, and men with beards.
(b) A field of sunflowers, ships, and children fast asleep.
(c) An ebony forest , docks, and women at windows.
(d) Elephants, strong winds, and sunsets.
5. How does Polo describe the city of Olinda?
(a) Like the billowing clouds of summer.
(b) Like trees, it grows in concentric circles.
(c) Lonely, lovely, and lost.
(d) Longing for a renewed version of itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Polo describe Moriana?
2. As Polo studies the wood of Khan's chessboard, what does he point out?
3. What does a traveler arriving to Baucis see?
4. How does Melania's population renew itself?
5. What is one of Khan's biggest worries regarding his empire?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)