|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polo tells Khan that it is possible the whole world is covered with what?
(a) Gold and dust.
(b) Hope and despair.
(c) Wastelands and gardens.
(d) Illusions and dreams.
2. When one listens to the ground in Argia, what does one hear?
(a) A bell ring.
(b) The sound of engines.
(d) A door slam.
3. What is at the center of Moriana?
(a) Nothing--the city only has front and back sides.
(b) A strange contraption that controls the thoughts of its residents.
(c) It is hard to tell--there is too much smoke everywhere.
(d) An enormous hole plunging into the depths of the earth.
4. Worried about his own empire, Khan begins to dream of cities that are:
(a) Light as feathers and transparent.
(b) Just starting to grow.
(d) Protected by solid stone walls.
5. What is the furthest city to which Polo has ever traveled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Khan question Polo's motives for travel?
2. Who are the Penates and the Lares?
3. In Chapter 8, Khan comes to realize that knowledge of his empire can be found in:
4. What do the residents of Ersilia do?
5. In Clarice, people take parts of the old city and use them in different ways for what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)