|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polo describe Eusapia as?
2. When Khan tells Polo that he's dreamed of a city bathed in the light of the moon, what does Polo say?
(a) Such a city would be a lonely place.
(b) It is called Lalage.
(c) He dreamed of such as city, too.
(d) This describes most cities Polo has seen.
3. The people of Baucis have:
(a) A desire to share their knowledge with their neighbors.
(b) Everything they need in the clouds.
(c) Incomparable courage and determination.
(d) Nothing left in their storage silos.
4. In Chapter 8, Khan is on the verge of:
(a) Appointing a new emperor.
(b) Growing impatient with Polo and his stories.
(c) Understanding the rise and fall of a city.
(d) A nervous breakdown.
5. In Esmeralda, people can choose to travel by:
(a) Land or boat.
(b) Foot or rickshaw.
(c) Flying ships or water vessels.
(d) Camel or horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Esmeralda is known as the city of what?
2. What does Khan dream his lands are filled with?
3. Why does Khan question Polo's motives for travel?
4. In Clarice, people take parts of the old city and use them in different ways for what?
5. Leandra is protected by two species, both of which are:
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)