|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melania's population renew itself?
(a) Through the acting out of an ongoing dialogue.
(b) By reciting vows at the start of each new year.
(c) Through the annual "Festival of Renewal."
(d) By being reborn and living multiple lives.
2. Looking at Argia from above, what does one see?
(d) Green rooftops.
3. The more Khan listens to Polo's stories, the less certain he is that he is sitting in the garden or:
(a) Dreaming in his sleep.
(b) Locked up in a mental health hospital.
(c) Riding through places Polo describes.
(d) Sitting in a prison.
4. In Chapter 5, as Khan sits in his palace visualizing the growth of his empire, what does he see?
(a) More innovations coming from his empire's brightest minds.
(b) Conquered territories spreading further into other regions.
(c) Warriors from the west coming to fight for his empire.
(d) Overpopulation leading to famine and disease.
5. What is Esmeralda layered with?
(a) Flower-covered windowsills and green rooftops.
(b) Stairs, landings, and bridges.
(c) Terraces and rice fields.
(d) Sturdy canvas covers of many colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can the reader tell with certainty whether or not Polo's many cities actually exist?
2. In Eusapia, what is there really is no way of knowing anymore?
3. The people of Lenia awaken each day and:
4. The people of Baucis have:
5. Who are the Penates and the Lares?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)