|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This peninsular city can be reached by ship or camel, revealing itself to travelers by both land and sea:
2. If a traveler walks into Zemrude with his head held high, how does he see the city?
(a) Through a mist.
(b) Directly in front.
(d) From below.
3. Moving southward for three days from the city of Zaira, what city would one encounter?
4. When one leaves Zenobia and travels for six days and seven nights, where would one end up?
5. When describing the cities of Eutropia, Polo explains that:
(a) Only one is inhabited at a time.
(b) All were once destroyed by a large earthquake.
(c) Each one is ruled by a benevolent elder.
(d) Its inhabitants are unusually tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Polo describe the people of Chloe?
2. Where do the people of Isaura find water?
3. Polo explains that if he describes Olivia as rich in products and profits, the emperor should realize that:
4. In Hypatia, when Polo wants to see the sultan at the palace, who is he allowed to question instead?
5. Polo tells Khan that the second half of Sophronia is filled with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Polo dissect every city he describes to Khan?
2. Describe life in Eutropia, which is made up of many individual cities of equal size.
3. How does the information provided to Khan by his other messengers differ from what Polo shares?
4. Even though Zobeide, the white city, was made from the dreams of many men of different nationalities, how do strangers see the place?
5. How does Polo describe the young women of Armilla?
6. Describe how the means of communication between Khan and Polo evolves.
7. What is the significance of the evening breeze that Khan and Polo enjoy while conversing on the steps of the palace?
8. What happens from time to time to the temporary part of the city of Sophronia?
9. What do the different models of the city of Fedora show?
10. What does Polo not know about Armilla?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)