|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Someone traveling to Maurilia will be invited to what?
(a) Enjoy the current city while hearing of its past.
(b) Dine with the city's group of elders.
(c) Offer a gift to the city's ruler.
(d) Stay and relax for three days.
2. Which city is said to be between two deserts, one of sand and one of water?
3. What does Polo see rising vertically in Armilla?
(a) Pipes where the houses should be.
(b) Columns that hold nothing up.
(c) Stacks of seashells.
(d) Tall, slender windmills.
4. Which is the city of a thousand wells, sitting above an underground lake?
5. If a traveler walks into Zemrude with his head held down by grief, how will he see the city?
(a) Brilliantly lit.
(b) Void of color.
(c) From above.
(d) In decline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Khan tells Polo about his dreams of a city where the farewells from its harbor are what?
2. Where do the people of Isaura find water?
3. When Marco Polo meets with Kublai Khan, he:
4. Which city do visitors consider to be a trap?
5. How does Polo describe the people of Chloe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Polo say its pointless to try to describe the city of Zaira?
2. Why does Polo say that it is best to visit Diomira on a September evening?
3. When Khan and Polo pause in between their conversations, pondering the meaning of what's been said, what does each imagine or visualize?
4. How does Khan react to Polo's stories when he's feeling euphoric about his empire?
5. Even though Zobeide, the white city, was made from the dreams of many men of different nationalities, how do strangers see the place?
6. Located 80 miles northwest of Zenobia, what is the city of Euphemia like?
7. What is the significance of the large metal building located at the center of Fedora?
8. Why does Kublai Khan listen to Marco Polo's fantastic stories about cities he's visited?
9. In Chapter 4, why does Polo dissect every city he describes to Khan?
10. What do the different models of the city of Fedora show?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)