Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Penates and the Lares?
(a) The ancestors of Melania's inhabitants.
(b) The two species that protect the people of Leandra.
(c) The two main tribes of Ersilia.
(d) The guardians of Baucis.
2. Octavia is full of:
(a) Ropes, chains, and catwalks.
(b) Forgotten dreams.
(c) Translucent tents.
(d) Towers, arches, and bells.
3. Clarice is known for its cycle of death and rebirth and:
(a) Burning to the ground and rising from the ashes.
(b) Its yearly festival honoring the dead.
(c) Falling to ruin and being rebuilt.
(d) Its adherence to the idea of reincarnation.
4. What do the residents of Ersilia do?
(a) Build fantastic stringed instuments.
(b) Stretch strings from the corners of their houses.
(c) Tie strings around their trees.
(d) Hang strings from the their ceilings.
5. What is one of Khan's biggest worries regarding his empire?
(a) It will be forgotten by the rest of the world.
(b) It will be crushed under its own weight.
(c) It will be stolen from him.
(d) Its people will grow disillusioned.
6. What is Octavia known as?
(a) The land of lost dreams.
(b) The city of mist.
(c) Home of the forgotten children.
(d) The spider-web city.
7. Which of the following is not true about the city of Beersheba?
(a) The most talented architects built the underground version of Beersheba.
(b) Residents highly regard the Beersheba that exists below.
(c) There are two projections of Beersheba.
(d) Its people honor everything that represents Beersheba's heavenly counterpart.
8. When Polo lands at the furthest city to which he's ever traveled, he arrives when?
(a) During the hour of the wholesale fish market.
(b) At the solstice.
(c) In the middle of the city's festival of light.
(d) At the start of the harvest.
9. The people in the city of Irene are:
10. Why does Khan wonder when Polo actually has time to travel to far-off cities?
(a) Polo is too busy writing down his travel accounts.
(b) It appears Polo has never moved from Khan's garden.
(c) Polo is too busy with his job of head counselor.
(d) He frequently spots Polo entertaining friends in Khan's city.
11. How does Polo describe the city of Olinda?
(a) Like trees, it grows in concentric circles.
(b) Lonely, lovely, and lost.
(c) Like the billowing clouds of summer.
(d) Longing for a renewed version of itself.
12. In Chapter 8, Khan is on the verge of:
(a) A nervous breakdown.
(b) Growing impatient with Polo and his stories.
(c) Appointing a new emperor.
(d) Understanding the rise and fall of a city.
13. How does Melania's population renew itself?
(a) Through the annual "Festival of Renewal."
(b) By being reborn and living multiple lives.
(c) Through the acting out of an ongoing dialogue.
(d) By reciting vows at the start of each new year.
14. Polo tells Khan that it is possible the whole world is covered with what?
(a) Illusions and dreams.
(b) Gold and dust.
(c) Wastelands and gardens.
(d) Hope and despair.
15. Polo lays assorted items at the feet of Khan and uses them for what?
(a) To teach him the basics of trade.
(b) To impress the emperor with gifts from afar.
(c) To pay for some of his travels.
(d) To explain the conditions of the empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Beersheba believe?
2. Can the reader tell with certainty whether or not Polo's many cities actually exist?
3. As the two men sit smoking their pipes, does Khan actually confront Polo?
4. As Khan studies the wood of his chessboard, Polo begins to talk of:
5. The houses in Argia are filled with what?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)