Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Why does Kublai Khan listen to Marco Polo's fantastic stories about cities he's visited?
2. Why does Polo say that it is best to visit Diomira on a September evening?
3. Why does Polo say its pointless to try to describe the city of Zaira?
4. What is it about Anastasia that it would make slaves of men?
5. In what way is Tamara a city of perceptions and symbols?
6. Explain why Polo says that one cannot forget the city of Zora.
This section contains 963 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)