Short Answer Key
1. When Marco Polo meets with Kublai Khan, he:
Describes cities that he's visited during his travels.
2. Polo first describes the city of Diomira to Khan as:
Filled with beautiful items, including silver domed buildings and bronze statues.
3. Which city is described as having buildings with spiral staircases and with spiral seashells encrusted in the staircases?
4. Polo states that Dorothea can be described by its canals, towers, people, and history, or how else?
In terms of youthful memory.
5. Which city is described as a place where traitors are strung from lampposts and old men sit on docks, telling stories while mending fishing nets?
6. Polo says that Zaira is defined by:
Its relationships between measurements of its space and the events of its past.
7. Moving southward for three days from the city of Zaira, what city would one encounter?...
This section contains 2,919 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)