• Kublai Khan sits in his garden and senses the end of his empire.
• His request for information about his faraway lands is answered by Marco Polo.
• Polo weaves tales about cities he's visited in Khan's name.
• Whether the stories are real or imagined, Khan is mesmerized by them.
• Diomira is full of beautiful things and is best seen on a September evening.
• Isidora has spiral staircases decorated with spiral shells.
• Dorothea can be described by its features, people, and history, or by youthful memories and possibilities.
• Zaira is a city of relationships between its space and past events.
• The city of Anastasia awakens long-stifled desires.
• It is difficult to discover Tamara's true nature.
• Zora attaches itself to one's memory point by point.
• Despina is equally accessible by land or sea.
• Polo describes Zirma as having flying dirigibles, tattoo parlors, and obese women.
• Isaura is known as the...
This section contains 1,932 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)