* Kublai Khan sits in his garden and senses the end of his empire.
* His request for information about his faraway lands is answered by Marco Polo.
* Polo weaves tales about cities he's visited in Khan's name.
* Whether the stories are real or imagined, Khan is mesmerized by them.
* Diomira is full of beautiful things and is best seen on a September evening.
* Isidora has spiral staircases decorated with spiral shells.
* Dorothea can be described by its features, people, and history, or by youthful memories and possibilities.
* Zaira is a city of relationships between its space and past events.
* The city of Anastasia awakens long-stifled desires.
* It is difficult to discover Tamara's true nature.
* Zora attaches itself to one's memory point by point.
* Despina is equally accessible by land or sea.
* Polo describes Zirma as having flying dirigibles, tattoo parlors, and obese women.
* Isaura is known as the...
This section contains 1,932 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)