|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sheriff think that Lucas did not kill Vinson?
(a) Lucas would never shoot a man in the back
(b) The wound could not of been created by Lucas's gun
(c) Vinson shot himself
(d) The killer was shooting from further away
2. What does Mr. Gowrie pull out from his undershirt?
(a) A knife
(b) A crucifix
(c) His other arm
(d) A gun
3. Where does Gavin say the black man is from?
(d) The North
4. Who does Gavin say has to give the black man the right to be free in the south?
(a) The court of law
(b) The President
(c) Southern gentlemen
(d) The governor
5. What is different about one of the men who appears from behind the church?
(a) He has yellow skin
(b) He has one arm
(c) He has no mouth
(d) He is blind
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crowd do when they see Vinson's dead body?
2. What does Charles make his friends while they wait?
3. Why does Charles refuse to go with Gavin?
4. Who sits in the car with Sheriff Hampton?
5. Which brother did Vinson go into business with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
2. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
3. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
4. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
5. Why is Charles' father so angry?
6. Why do you think Mr. Gowrie asks his sons to dig up Vince's grave?
7. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
8. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
9. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
10. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)