|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gavin say happens in early May?
(a) The cotton planting season
(d) The folk and country festival
2. What was the name of Vinson's uncle?
(a) Sudley Workitt
(b) Jackie Franklin
(c) Davis Gowrie
(d) Frank Spencer
3. What does Mr. Gowrie do with his son's dead body?
(a) Throws it in to a lake
(b) Takes it home
(c) Burns it
(d) Buries it in the forest
4. Who does the sheriff say sold the gun to Crawford Gowrie?
(b) Mr. Gowrie
(c) Buddy McCallum
(d) Jake Montgomery
5. What did the sheriff and Uncle Gavin do while Charles slept?
(a) Hatched a plan to save Lucas
(b) Made dinner
(c) Arrested the would be lynchers
(d) Set Lucas free
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Crawford bet Lucas that his gun would not shoot?
2. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
3. What does the sheriff think Jack Montgomerie tried to do before he died?
4. What type of gun does the sheriff think killed Lucas?
5. What does Charles's mother give him when he arrives home?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)