|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gavin suggest the bodies could be buried?
(a) Under a patio
(b) In the woods
(c) In the mountains
(d) In the desert
2. Who digs the grave?
(b) The twins
(d) The sheriff
3. Who does Gavin say is there to keep the crowd under control?
(b) A judge
(c) The sheriff
(d) A marshall
4. Who drives Miss Habersham to the jail?
(b) Uncle Gavin
(c) Sheriff Hampton
5. What happens at the sales barn on a Monday?
(b) A folk festival
(c) Stock auctions
(d) Farm animal market
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two women doing outside the jail?
2. What still might happen to Lucas if he is found guilty?
3. How much did Crawford bet Lucas that his gun would not shoot?
4. What do the twins find in the pine coffin?
5. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the sheriff think the man is who passed Charles on the road to the cemetery?
2. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
3. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
4. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
5. Why do you think Charles is so enraged by the behavior of the crowd?
6. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
7. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
8. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
9. Describe the Gowrie clan
10. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)