|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sheriff think that Lucas did not kill Vinson?
(a) The killer was shooting from further away
(b) The wound could not of been created by Lucas's gun
(c) Vinson shot himself
(d) Lucas would never shoot a man in the back
2. Why did Miss Habersham suggest they leave the horse?
(a) So they could escape up a tree
(b) The horse is injured
(c) So they did not make so much noise
(d) So no one had to ride alone
3. Why did the Gowries not lynch Lucas?
(a) They would of been arrested
(b) They knew he was not responsible for the killing
(c) It would of been unholy
(d) They would of attracted attention to themselves
4. How much did Crawford bet Lucas that his gun would not shoot?
(a) Half a dollar
(b) Two dollars
(c) A quarter
(d) A dollar
5. What do the twins find in the pine coffin?
(d) A sack of potatoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles do after dinner?
2. Who does Charles think about on his way home?
3. Whose body do they find?
4. Where does Crawford Gowrie live?
5. What does the sheriff think Jack Montgomerie tried to do before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
2. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
3. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
4. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
5. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
6. Why is Charles' father so angry?
7. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
8. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
9. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
10. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)