|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body do they find?
(a) Jack Montgomerie's
(b) Vinson Gowrie's
(d) Charles's father's
2. Who killed Vinson?
(a) Mr. Gowrie
3. What did the sheriff and Uncle Gavin do while Charles slept?
(a) Made dinner
(b) Hatched a plan to save Lucas
(c) Arrested the would be lynchers
(d) Set Lucas free
4. What does Gavin say lynching Lucas would now amount to?
(a) Grevious Bodily Harm
5. What does Lucas want while he sits in the car?
(a) A knife
(b) A magazine
(c) His pistol
(d) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss Habersham suggest they leave the horse?
2. Which one of the Gowrie clan is a draft dodger?
3. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
4. Who digs at the mound?
5. Why did the Gowries not lynch Lucas?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter six, in what way does Charles' mother show that she is accepting the fact her son is growing up?
2. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
3. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
4. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
5. Why do you think Charles is so struck by Mr. Gowrie's grief?
6. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
7. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
8. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
9. Describe the Gowrie clan
10. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)