|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the body was Vinson shot?
(a) In the back
(b) In the hand
(c) In the head
(d) In the thigh
2. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
(a) They forgot
(b) They gave up
(c) They went for a drink
(d) They walked away
3. Where does Gavin suggest the bodies could be buried?
(a) In the woods
(b) Under a patio
(c) In the mountains
(d) In the desert
4. What do the crowd do when they see Vinson's dead body?
(b) Go to church
(c) Go home
(d) Rip down the jail
5. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
(a) He is tired
(b) He is mean, bitter and racist
(c) He has no control over the situation
(d) He has stomach cramps
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gavin say lynching Lucas would now amount to?
2. What people does Charles notice are not on the streets?
3. Who is the youngest of the Gowrie boys?
4. Where do the footprints end?
5. Where do the group find Vinson's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
2. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
3. Describe the Gowrie clan
4. Why do you think Charles is so struck by Mr. Gowrie's grief?
5. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
6. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
7. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
8. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
9. Why do you think Mr. Gowrie asks his sons to dig up Vince's grave?
10. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)