|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gavin say happens in early May?
(b) The folk and country festival
(d) The cotton planting season
2. Why does Charles think that Lucas was not lynched immediately?
(a) Because they could not find any rope
(b) Because Mr. Gowrie is a patient man
(c) Because the family were grieving
(d) Because they were not sure if he was the murderer
3. What age had Charles's mother sworn she would allow her son coffee?
4. What does Charles's mother give him when he arrives home?
(a) A cigarette
(c) A kiss
5. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
(a) They forgot
(b) They walked away
(c) They gave up
(d) They went for a drink
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gavin tell Charles never to stop doing?
2. Who follow the footprints on horseback?
3. Who does Gavin say has to give the black man the right to be free in the south?
4. What still might happen to Lucas if he is found guilty?
5. Where does Crawford Gowrie live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the sheriff think the man is who passed Charles on the road to the cemetery?
2. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
3. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
4. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
5. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
6. Why is Charles' father so angry?
7. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
8. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
9. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
10. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)