|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the name of the one armed man?
(a) Charles's father
(b) Mr. Gowrie
(c) Mr. Smith
2. Who is the youngest of the Gowrie boys?
3. Which brother did Vinson go into business with?
4. Why does Charles refuse to go with Gavin?
(a) He is afraid the crowd will hurt the women
(b) Gavin is drunk
(c) He is afraid what his mother will say
(d) He is scared
5. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
(a) He has stomach cramps
(b) He is mean, bitter and racist
(c) He is tired
(d) He has no control over the situation
Short Answer Questions
1. How many faces does Charles dream that the crowd has?
2. What does Mr. Gowrie do with his son's dead body?
3. Why does Charles think that Lucas was not lynched immediately?
4. What does Miss Habersham need while she is standing guard at the jail?
5. What happens at the sales barn on a Monday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter six, in what way does Charles' mother show that she is accepting the fact her son is growing up?
2. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
3. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
4. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
5. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
6. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
7. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
8. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
9. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
10. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)