|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age had Charles's mother sworn she would allow her son coffee?
2. How many boys in the Gowrie family?
3. What people does Charles notice are not on the streets?
(c) Black people
(d) White people
4. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
(a) His pistol
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His grandfather's jacket
(d) His gold cufflinks
5. Who drives Miss Habersham to the jail?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(c) Sheriff Hampton
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gavin say has to give the black man the right to be free in the south?
2. What does Charles do after dinner?
3. What does Miss Habersham need while she is standing guard at the jail?
4. How many sets of footprints are there?
5. Why did the Gowries not lynch Lucas?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
2. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
3. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
4. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
5. Why is Charles' father so angry?
6. Why does Gavin think Vinson Gowrie is buried in quicksand?
7. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
8. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
9. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
10. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)