|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which brother did Vinson go into business with?
2. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
(a) Charles's father
(c) Uncle Gavin
(d) The Sheriff
3. What does Charles do after dinner?
(a) Goes into town
(b) Reads his book
(c) Goes to bed
(d) Writes an essay
4. What does Charles see a black man doing in a field?
(b) Shooting a white man
5. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
(a) He is tired
(b) He is mean, bitter and racist
(c) He has no control over the situation
(d) He has stomach cramps
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles think that Lucas was not lynched immediately?
2. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
3. Which animals footprints does the sheriff discover?
4. Who drives Miss Habersham to the jail?
5. Who follow the footprints on horseback?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
2. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
3. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
4. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
5. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
6. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
7. Why do you think Mr. Gowrie asks his sons to dig up Vince's grave?
8. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
9. Why do you think Charles is so struck by Mr. Gowrie's grief?
10. Why does Gavin think Vinson Gowrie is buried in quicksand?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)