|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys in the Gowrie family?
2. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
(a) His gold cufflinks
(b) His grandfather's jacket
(c) His pistol
(d) His pocket watch
3. Where does Gavin say the black man is from?
(a) The North
4. What does Charles see a black man doing in a field?
(d) Shooting a white man
5. Where does Uncle Gavin think Vinson's body has been buried?
(a) In a lake
(b) In another state
(c) In New Mexico
(d) In quick sand
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Gowrie not want to dig up his son's grave?
2. What is the first thing Charles does when he arrives home?
3. Who is waiting in Gavin's office?
4. What still might happen to Lucas if he is found guilty?
5. What is different about one of the men who appears from behind the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
2. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
3. Why is Charles' father so angry?
4. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
5. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
6. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
7. Who does the sheriff think the man is who passed Charles on the road to the cemetery?
8. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
9. Why does Gavin think Vinson Gowrie is buried in quicksand?
10. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)