|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Crawford Gowrie live?
(b) Beat Four
(c) Franklin County
(d) Benjamin County
2. What was the name of Vinson's uncle?
(a) Frank Spencer
(b) Jackie Franklin
(c) Sudley Workitt
(d) Davis Gowrie
3. What does Lucas want while he sits in the car?
(a) A woman
(b) A knife
(c) A magazine
(d) His pistol
4. What part of the body was Vinson shot?
(a) In the head
(b) In the thigh
(c) In the back
(d) In the hand
5. Who digs up the grave?
(a) Mr. Gowrie's sons
(b) The black prisoners
(c) The sherrif
(d) Mr Gowrie
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the Gowrie clan is a draft dodger?
2. Who follow the footprints on horseback?
3. Who killed Vinson?
4. How many boys in the Gowrie family?
5. What does Gavin say lynching Lucas would now amount to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
2. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
3. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
4. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
5. Why have southern black men not earned freedom in the south?
6. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
7. Why do you think Charles is so enraged by the behavior of the crowd?
8. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
9. Describe the Gowrie clan
10. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)