|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moment of the story does Charles think back to?
(a) The trip to the cemetery
(b) A conversation with Aleck
(c) His first meeting with Lucas
(d) His breakfast that morning
2. What type of gun does the sheriff think killed Lucas?
(a) A German Luger
(b) A Walther PP
(c) A Winchester
(d) Colt. 41
3. What does the sheriff find in the ditch?
(a) A gun
(b) Mule hair
(c) A cowboy hat
(d) A mound
4. What does Forrest Gowrie manage?
(a) An orpanage
(b) A Ford car factory
(c) A delta cotton plantation
(d) A farm
5. Who follow the footprints on horseback?
(a) Aleck Sander
(c) The Gowrie twins
(d) Uncle Gavin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who digs up the grave?
2. Who is the name of the one armed man?
3. What does Gavin tell Charles never to stop doing?
4. What are the two women doing outside the jail?
5. How many sets of footprints are there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
2. Why do you think Charles is so enraged by the behavior of the crowd?
3. Why does Gavin think Vinson Gowrie is buried in quicksand?
4. For what reason does Charles think Lucas was not lynched?
5. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
6. Why have southern black men not earned freedom in the south?
7. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
8. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
9. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
10. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)