|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Charles does when he arrives home?
(a) He runs up to his room
(b) He goes to the haybarn
(c) He goes to the bathroom
(d) He makes a cup of coffee
2. What does Charles do after dinner?
(a) Goes to bed
(b) Goes into town
(c) Writes an essay
(d) Reads his book
3. Who did Crawford sell his lumber to?
(a) David Bean
(b) Charles' father
(c) Jake Montgomerie
(d) Sudley Workitt
4. What is different about one of the men who appears from behind the church?
(a) He is blind
(b) He has yellow skin
(c) He has no mouth
(d) He has one arm
5. Who does Gavin pick up from town?
(a) Charles's mother
(b) Crawford Gowrie
(c) Miss Habersham
Short Answer Questions
1. Who digs the grave?
2. What kind of dogs are with the three men that appear from behind the church?
3. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
4. What did the sheriff and Uncle Gavin do while Charles slept?
5. Who does Charles think about on his way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
2. In chapter six, in what way does Charles' mother show that she is accepting the fact her son is growing up?
3. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
4. Why do you think Charles is so enraged by the behavior of the crowd?
5. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
6. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
7. Why is Charles' father so angry?
8. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
9. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
10. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)