|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Gavin think Vinson's body has been buried?
(a) In a lake
(b) In another state
(c) In New Mexico
(d) In quick sand
2. Where do the group find Vinson's body?
(a) In quicksand
(b) In the ditch
(c) Under leaves in the forest
(d) Hanging from a tree
3. What are the two women doing outside the jail?
4. Why does Charles think that Lucas was not lynched immediately?
(a) Because they were not sure if he was the murderer
(b) Because Mr. Gowrie is a patient man
(c) Because they could not find any rope
(d) Because the family were grieving
5. Who is the name of the one armed man?
(a) Mr. Smith
(b) Mr. Gowrie
(d) Charles's father
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the footprints end?
2. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
3. How many sets of footprints are there?
4. Who digs at the mound?
5. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
2. Why did Crawford kill Jake?
3. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
4. Why do you think Mr. Gowrie asks his sons to dig up Vince's grave?
5. Describe the Gowrie clan
6. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
7. How is the sheriff proven wrong in chapter six?
8. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
9. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
10. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)