|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles refuse to go with Gavin?
(a) Gavin is drunk
(b) He is afraid the crowd will hurt the women
(c) He is afraid what his mother will say
(d) He is scared
2. What is different about one of the men who appears from behind the church?
(a) He has yellow skin
(b) He has no mouth
(c) He is blind
(d) He has one arm
3. How many faces does Charles dream that the crowd has?
4. What does the sheriff find in the ditch?
(a) A mound
(b) A gun
(c) Mule hair
(d) A cowboy hat
5. Who ends up riding the horse home?
(d) Miss Habersham
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Gowrie not want to dig up his son's grave?
2. Who did Crawford sell his lumber to?
3. Where does Gavin suggest the bodies could be buried?
4. Whose body do they find?
5. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
2. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
3. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
4. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
5. Why does Gavin think Vinson Gowrie is buried in quicksand?
6. Describe the Gowrie clan
7. Why do you think Charles is so struck by Mr. Gowrie's grief?
8. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
9. Describe Crawford and Vinson's lumber business.
10. Why does Charles hold such respect for Miss Habersham?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)