|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who digs at the mound?
(a) The sheriff
(c) The twins
(d) The hound dog
2. Where do the group find Vinson's body?
(a) In quicksand
(b) Under leaves in the forest
(c) Hanging from a tree
(d) In the ditch
3. Who killed Vinson?
(b) Mr. Gowrie
4. What do the crowd do when they see Vinson's dead body?
(a) Go home
(c) Rip down the jail
(d) Go to church
5. Who sits in the car with Sheriff Hampton?
(a) Aleck Sander
(b) Two black prisoners
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Gowrie do with his son's dead body?
2. What does Charles do after dinner?
3. Who is waiting in Gavin's office?
4. Who digs up the grave?
5. What does Forrest Gowrie manage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter six, in what way does Charles' mother show that she is accepting the fact her son is growing up?
2. Why have southern black men not earned freedom in the south?
3. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
4. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
5. Why do you think Charles is so enraged by the behavior of the crowd?
6. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
7. Why does the Sheriff think that Lucas could not of killed Vinson?
8. Why is Charles' father so angry?
9. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
10. What is Uncle Gavin's take on the civil rights struggle in the South?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)