|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body do they find?
(a) Charles's father's
(b) Jack Montgomerie's
(d) Vinson Gowrie's
2. Who digs at the mound?
(a) The twins
(b) The hound dog
(c) The sheriff
3. Who does Gavin say is there to keep the crowd under control?
(b) A marshall
(c) A judge
(d) The sheriff
4. What does Charles see a black man doing in a field?
(c) Shooting a white man
5. Who is the oldest of the Gowrie clan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles so worried about finding the body?
2. Which animals footprints does the sheriff discover?
3. What happens at the sales barn on a Monday?
4. What kind of dogs are with the three men that appear from behind the church?
5. Who does the sheriff say sold the gun to Crawford Gowrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aleck Sander show his bravery during the trip back from the cemetery?
2. What is different between the blacks in the north and the black in the south?
3. Describe the Gowrie clan
4. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
5. In chapter six how does Uncle Gavin calm Charles down enough to take him to the cemetery?
6. Why did the Gowrie's not lynch Lucas behind the store?
7. In what way does Faulkner portray Miss Habersham as a strong woman?
8. Why is Charles so interested in why the black worker is plowing the field?
9. Why do you think Mr. Gowrie asks his sons to dig up Vince's grave?
10. Why have southern black men not earned freedom in the south?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)