|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think that Lucas was not lynched immediately?
(a) Because Mr. Gowrie is a patient man
(b) Because the family were grieving
(c) Because they were not sure if he was the murderer
(d) Because they could not find any rope
2. What does Lucas want while he sits in the car?
(a) A woman
(b) A knife
(c) His pistol
(d) A magazine
3. What did the sheriff and Uncle Gavin do while Charles slept?
(a) Hatched a plan to save Lucas
(b) Made dinner
(c) Set Lucas free
(d) Arrested the would be lynchers
4. Why is Charles so worried about finding the body?
(a) He is worried about what his mother will say
(b) He thinks the body will come alive
(c) He thinks it will have germs
(d) He thinks the murderer is watching them
5. What does Charles make his friends while they wait?
(c) A pot of coffee
Short Answer Questions
1. What age had Charles's mother sworn she would allow her son coffee?
2. Who is the name of the one armed man?
3. Who does Mr. Gowrie not want to dig up his son's grave?
4. What would of the towns people have thought the lynching of Lucas would of been before Mr. Gowries showed them Montgomeries body?
5. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)