|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucas take Charles?
(a) To the hospital
(b) To his cabin
(c) To Mr. Edmonds' house
(d) To a saloon
2. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To the sheriff's house
(b) To the cemetery
(c) To school
(d) To the saloon
3. What day do they bury the murdered man?
4. Who rides the horse from the truck to the cemetery?
(d) Miss Habersham
5. What is the name of Lucas's wife?
(b) Baby Suggs
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Lucas wear?
2. Who does Charles go home to speak to?
3. What kind of job did Montgomery have?
4. Who does Charles wake up when he gets home?
5. Who does the sheriff phone to organize an exhumation order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucas not popular with white people in the town?
2. How does Charles still know that he still owes Lucas a debt?
3. In what way does Charles show he is the epiphany of a southern gentleman in chapter four?
4. Why do the town think Lucas is guilty of the murder?
5. Do you think it was unusual for a black man to invite a white boy back to his cabin?
6. In this chapter how does Faulkner show what he thinks is the main difference between men and women?
7. In what way does Charles think Lucas is different?
8. In what way does Charles become obsessed by the incident?
9. Why does Charles have trouble sleeping?
10. What is Uncle Gavin opinion on Lucas' request to dig up the dead body?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)