|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To the cemetery
(b) To the sheriff's house
(c) To school
(d) To the saloon
2. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
(a) Using Charles' horse
(b) They will carry it
(c) Drag it along with rope
(d) They don't need the body only the bullet
3. Why do they find the grave so quickly?
(a) It is the only one with a headstone
(b) It is biggest in the graveyard
(c) It is full of fresh flowers
(d) It was the first one dug that winter
4. What make of gun does Lucas own?
(a) A Heckler and Koch
(b) A Remington
(c) A Colt .41
5. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
(a) Pockets it
(b) Throws it on the floor
(c) Swallows it
(d) Gives it to Aleck
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles eat his breakfast?
2. What does Lucas demand Charles does?
3. What does Uncle Gavin say a black man is expected to do in the south?
4. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
5. What was Lucas buying from the shop before the altercation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Charles become obsessed by the incident?
2. Why does Charles become so involved in the murder case?
3. Why does Miss Habersham help Lucas out?
4. Why is Lucas not popular with white people in the town?
5. In what way does Charles show he is the epiphany of a southern gentleman in chapter four?
6. What is the unwritten code of the south when a black man commits a crime against a white man?
7. Why does Charles have trouble sleeping?
8. Describe how even in prison the white man is given precedent over the black man.
9. Do you think Will Legate is a good choice to guard Lucas at such a dangerous time?
10. Describe the painting in Lucas's cabin.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)