|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas lay on the bare cots?
(a) His jacket
2. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
(a) Get the car keys from his father
(b) Find some spades
(c) Talk to Gavin
(d) Saddle up his horse
3. Where does Uncle Gavin tell Lucas he shot the man?
(a) In the back
(b) Between the eyes
(c) In the groin
(d) In the kidney
4. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
5. What county is Montgomery from?
(a) Neshoba county
(b) Tate county
(c) Jefferson county
(d) Crossman county
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rider have on the horse with him?
2. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
3. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
4. Who was Miss Habersham raised with?
5. Who does Lucas remind Charles of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Charles does not argue with Lucas when he pulls him from the water, even though he wants to?
2. What is Charles' attitude towards his black servant Aleck Sander?
3. In what way in chapter five does Uncle Gavin take control of the situation?
4. Describe the painting in Lucas's cabin.
5. Why do the town think Lucas is guilty of the murder?
6. Why is Lucas not popular with white people in the town?
7. Why does Charles have trouble sleeping?
8. Why do you think Lucas does not discourage Gavin from giving him a version of his own story?
9. Why does Miss Habersham help Lucas out?
10. Why are the black prisoners so quiet the night Lucas is taken into the prison?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)