Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charles end up throwing the coins?
(a) Into the sea
(b) Down a well
(c) At Lucas
(d) In the creek
2. Who does Lucas remind Charles of?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway
(b) His father
(c) His grandfather
(d) The president
3. Who does Charles go home to speak to?
(a) His mother
(b) Uncle Gavin
(c) His father
4. Where does Lucas take Charles?
(a) To a saloon
(b) To Mr. Edmonds' house
(c) To his cabin
(d) To the hospital
5. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles meet for the first time when he climbs out of the water?
2. Who do they find inside the coffin?
3. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
4. What does Paralee's father say men concentrate too much on?
5. What is the name of the man Lucas has been accused of killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Charles remembers about Lucas from four years ago
2. How do Gavin and the Sheriff plan to catch Crawford?
3. In what way does chapter five show the importance of women in southern American life?
4. Why does Charles have trouble sleeping?
5. Who does the sheriff think the man is who passed Charles on the road to the cemetery?
6. Why do you think Charles does not argue with Lucas when he pulls him from the water, even though he wants to?
7. In what way are the Gowrie's only a small step above black people?
8. Why do the people surrounding the jail quickly disperse when they arrive with the dead body?
9. Why do you think Lucas did not tell the full story in the first place?
10. What is Uncle Gavin opinion on Lucas' request to dig up the dead body?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)