|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aleck hear coming toward them?
(a) A mule
(b) A dog
(c) A car
(d) A wheel barrel
2. What does Paralee's father say women concentrate on?
(a) Their children
3. What does Charles ask if he can take to Lucas?
(a) A pork pie
(b) A guitar
(d) A coca-cola
4. How did Lucas once react to an insult from a white man?
(a) He shot him
(b) He insulted him back
(c) He cried
(d) He hit him
5. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Dig up Gowrie's body
(b) Kill him
(c) Shoot the sheriff
(d) Help him escape
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
2. What does Lucas lay on the bare cots?
3. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
4. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
5. Where does Gavin take Charles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charles still know that he still owes Lucas a debt?
2. Why do the town think Lucas is guilty of the murder?
3. How does chapter five express Charles's need to come of age as a man?
4. What is Charles' attitude towards his black servant Aleck Sander?
5. Why does Charles become so involved in the murder case?
6. In what way does chapter five express the segregation between black and white people?
7. Do you think Will Legate is a good choice to guard Lucas at such a dangerous time?
8. Why does Lucas want Charles to dig up Gowrie's body?
9. In what way does Charles show he is the epiphany of a southern gentleman in chapter four?
10. What is Uncle Gavin opinion on Lucas' request to dig up the dead body?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)