|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the name of the one armed man?
(a) Charles's father
(b) Mr. Smith
(d) Mr. Gowrie
2. What does Charles see a black man doing in a field?
(a) Shooting a white man
3. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(b) The Sheriff
(c) Charles's father
4. What does the sheriff find in the ditch?
(a) A mound
(b) A gun
(c) A cowboy hat
(d) Mule hair
5. What people does Charles notice are not on the streets?
(c) White people
(d) Black people
6. Who did Crawford sell his lumber to?
(a) Charles' father
(b) Sudley Workitt
(c) Jake Montgomerie
(d) David Bean
7. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
(a) His pistol
(b) His gold cufflinks
(c) His pocket watch
(d) His grandfather's jacket
8. Who ends up riding the horse home?
(a) Miss Habersham
9. Who is waiting in Gavin's office?
(a) Miss Habersham
(b) Mr. Gowrie
(c) Crawford Gowrie
10. What was the name of Vinson's uncle?
(a) Frank Spencer
(b) Davis Gowrie
(c) Jackie Franklin
(d) Sudley Workitt
11. What does Charles make his friends while they wait?
(a) A pot of coffee
12. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
(a) He has stomach cramps
(b) He is tired
(c) He has no control over the situation
(d) He is mean, bitter and racist
13. What kind of dogs are with the three men that appear from behind the church?
(b) Pitbull terries
(d) Hound dogs
14. Who killed Vinson?
(a) Mr. Gowrie
15. What does Gavin say lynching Lucas would now amount to?
(a) Grevious Bodily Harm
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the body was Vinson shot?
2. What does the sheriff think Jack Montgomerie tried to do before he died?
3. Who digs the grave?
4. What is the first thing Charles does when he arrives home?
5. What does Forrest Gowrie manage?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)