|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sheriff bringing to jail?
(a) Carothers Edmunds
(b) Gavin Stevens
(c) Charles Mallison
(d) Lucas Beachamp
2. What does Uncle Gavin and the Sheriff want the boys to do?
(a) Keep an eye on Lucas
(b) Keep an eye on the cemetary
(c) Go to school
(d) Go home
3. Where does Lucas take Charles?
(a) To Mr. Edmonds' house
(b) To a saloon
(c) To his cabin
(d) To the hospital
4. What day do they bury the murdered man?
5. How would Charles leave town?
(a) Ride away on his pony
(b) Catch a train
(d) Take his father's car
6. What does Charles leave in the water?
(a) His rifle
(b) His pants
(c) His wallet
(d) His socks
7. When is Charles afraid the the town folk will lynch Lucas?
(a) While he is chained to a bed post
(b) When the sheriff transfers him to his jail
(c) When he is at his court hearing
(d) When he is released on bail
8. When does Will Legate join the group at the sheriff's house?
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
9. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
(a) The sheriff
(c) Uncle Gavin
10. What county is Montgomery from?
(a) Tate county
(b) Jefferson county
(c) Neshoba county
(d) Crossman county
11. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Kill him
(b) Help him escape
(c) Shoot the sheriff
(d) Dig up Gowrie's body
12. What does Lucas demand Charles does?
(a) Cook him dinner
(b) Talk to his wife
(c) Tell a joke
(d) Warm himself by the fire
13. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
(a) Get the car keys from his father
(b) Saddle up his horse
(c) Talk to Gavin
(d) Find some spades
14. Who does Charles find his uncle speaking to?
(a) The sheriff
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) Miss Habersham
15. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) He no longer owes him
(b) He is ignorant
(c) His wife has just died
(d) He does not like him
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Charles think Lucas has in his eyes?
2. Who drives Miss Habersham to the cemetery?
3. Why does the sheriff put Lucas in a cell usually reserved for white prisoners?
4. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
5. What make of gun does Lucas own?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)