|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucas take Charles?
(a) To Mr. Edmonds' house
(b) To a saloon
(c) To the hospital
(d) To his cabin
2. Why does the sheriff think the towns people will not lynch during the day?
(a) They can see each others faces
(b) They have to work
(c) It is too hot
(d) Too many people are around
3. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
4. What does Aleck offer Charles to help him out of the water?
(a) A boat
(b) A pole
(c) A dingy
(d) A plank
5. When is Charles afraid the the town folk will lynch Lucas?
(a) When the sheriff transfers him to his jail
(b) When he is at his court hearing
(c) When he is released on bail
(d) While he is chained to a bed post
6. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
(a) In the waistband of his pants
(b) In his pocket
(c) On the floor by his feet
(d) In his hand
7. Who rides the horse from the truck to the cemetery?
(a) Miss Habersham
8. How would Charles leave town?
(a) Catch a train
(b) Ride away on his pony
(d) Take his father's car
9. Where does Aleck Sander eat his breakfast?
(a) The dog house
(b) The garden
(c) The kitchen
(d) The dining room
10. What does Charles ask if he can take to Lucas?
(a) A coca-cola
(b) A guitar
(c) A pork pie
11. What do the black prisoners normally do?
(a) Sing the blues
(b) Stand at the window and call out
(c) Hit the bars with their metal plates
(d) Spit at passers by
12. What kind of wood is the coffin made from?
13. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(b) The sheriff
14. Who do they find inside the coffin?
(a) The sheriff
(b) Vinson Gowrie
15. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
(a) Pockets it
(b) Swallows it
(c) Throws it on the floor
(d) Gives it to Aleck
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Charles think Lucas has in his eyes?
2. What was Lucas buying from the shop before the altercation?
3. What kind of hat does Lucas wear?
4. Why does Charles initially think he no longer owes Lucas a debt?
5. What is the name of Lucas's wife?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)