|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lucas buying from the shop before the altercation?
(a) Raspberry Jelly
(b) Ginger snaps
(c) A coca-cola
(d) Peanut butter
2. Where does Aleck Sander eat his breakfast?
(a) The garden
(b) The kitchen
(c) The dining room
(d) The dog house
3. Who do they find inside the coffin?
(a) The sheriff
(c) Vinson Gowrie
4. Why are the black prisoners afraid to make a noise?
(a) They will not get fed
(b) Too much noise will set off a time bomb
(c) The sheriff is asleep
(d) They may by mistaken for Lucas
5. Where does Lucas take Charles?
(a) To a saloon
(b) To his cabin
(c) To Mr. Edmonds' house
(d) To the hospital
6. Who stops Lucas from from getting lynched?
(a) Miss Laney
(b) The blacksmith
(c) The shopkeepers son
(d) The bar owner
7. What day do they bury the murdered man?
8. What does Lucas send to Charles in return for Charles sending his wife a dress?
(a) Homemade sorghum molasses
(b) A revolver
(c) Homemade corndogs
(d) A train set
9. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
(a) The sheriff
(b) Uncle Gavin
10. When does Will Legate join the group at the sheriff's house?
(b) 8 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
11. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
(a) A diamond ring
(b) A gold bracelet
(c) A flowered imitation silk dress
(d) An Alice band
12. What does Lucas get arrested for?
(a) Bank robbery
(b) Tax fraud
(c) Devil worship
(d) Shooting a local man
13. Who has the sheriff hired to look after Lucas?
(a) Frank Davis
(b) Will Legate
(c) Gavin Stevens
(d) James Buff
14. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
(a) Talk to Gavin
(b) Get the car keys from his father
(c) Find some spades
(d) Saddle up his horse
15. What does the rider have on the horse with him?
(a) A dead animal
(b) A dead man
(c) They could not see
(d) A rifle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas lay on the bare cots?
2. What does Uncle Gavin and the Sheriff want the boys to do?
3. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
4. Why does Charles initially think he no longer owes Lucas a debt?
5. What county is Montgomery from?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)