|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wood is the coffin made from?
2. Who does Lucas remind Charles of?
(a) The president
(b) His grandfather
(c) His father
(d) Ernest Hemmingway
3. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
(a) Drag it along with rope
(b) Using Charles' horse
(c) They don't need the body only the bullet
(d) They will carry it
4. When does Charles think the Gowries will go after Lucas?
(a) After midnight
(b) On friday night
(c) In the morning
(d) On the sheriff's break
5. Who drives Miss Habersham to the cemetery?
(a) The sheriff
6. What does Charles do during breakfast?
(d) Falls asleep
7. What is Will Legate armed with?
(a) A single shot shot gun
(b) A revolver
(c) A double barrel shotgun
(d) A sword
8. Why does the sheriff put Lucas in a cell usually reserved for white prisoners?
(a) To give him a good nights sleep
(b) Lucas has a white man's mind
(c) To tempt him into hanging himself
(d) He will be safer there
9. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
10. What does Lucas send to Charles in return for Charles sending his wife a dress?
(a) A revolver
(b) Homemade sorghum molasses
(c) Homemade corndogs
(d) A train set
11. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
(a) It is a waste of public resources
(b) He does not want to anger the Goweries'
(c) They do not know who the person on the mule was
(d) No one cares what happens to Lucas
12. Who is the sheriff bringing to jail?
(a) Lucas Beachamp
(b) Charles Mallison
(c) Carothers Edmunds
(d) Gavin Stevens
13. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Kill him
(b) Dig up Gowrie's body
(c) Shoot the sheriff
(d) Help him escape
14. Where does Uncle Gavin tell Lucas he shot the man?
(a) In the groin
(b) Between the eyes
(c) In the back
(d) In the kidney
15. When does Gavin think they must wait until to dig up the body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles eat his breakfast?
2. What does Charles leave in the water?
3. Why does Lucas accept Gavin's story?
4. What day do they bury the murdered man?
5. When does Will Legate join the group at the sheriff's house?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)