|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charles eat his breakfast?
(a) In the lounge
(b) In the kitchen
(c) In the garden
(d) In the dining room
2. Who has the sheriff hired to look after Lucas?
(a) Frank Davis
(b) Will Legate
(c) Gavin Stevens
(d) James Buff
3. What county is Montgomery from?
(a) Neshoba county
(b) Crossman county
(c) Jefferson county
(d) Tate county
4. When does Will Legate join the group at the sheriff's house?
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
5. What was Lucas buying from the shop before the altercation?
(a) Ginger snaps
(b) Raspberry Jelly
(c) A coca-cola
(d) Peanut butter
6. What does Lucas lay on the bare cots?
(b) His jacket
7. Why does Lucas accept Gavin's story?
(a) Because he knows Gavin thinks he is guilty
(b) Because he is too tired to contradict him
(c) Because he knows he will die anyway
(d) Because he no longer wants to hire him
8. Who was Miss Habersham raised with?
(a) Gavin Stevens
(c) Luca Beachamp
(d) Molly Beauchamp
9. Who does Charles find his uncle speaking to?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) The sheriff
(d) Miss Habersham
10. When does Gavin think they must wait until to dig up the body?
11. Why does the sheriff think the towns people will not lynch during the day?
(a) It is too hot
(b) They have to work
(c) They can see each others faces
(d) Too many people are around
12. Why does the sheriff put Lucas in a cell usually reserved for white prisoners?
(a) Lucas has a white man's mind
(b) To tempt him into hanging himself
(c) To give him a good nights sleep
(d) He will be safer there
13. What does Lucas get arrested for?
(a) Tax fraud
(b) Devil worship
(c) Bank robbery
(d) Shooting a local man
14. Who does Charles meet for the first time when he climbs out of the water?
(a) His father
(b) Gavin Stevens
(c) Aleck Sander
(d) Lucas Beachamp
15. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
(a) In the waistband of his pants
(b) In his hand
(c) On the floor by his feet
(d) In his pocket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles notice about the roads?
2. What is the sheriff doing when they arrive at his house?
3. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
4. What does Paralee's father say women concentrate on?
5. What does Charles consider doing so he does not have to see Lucas lynched?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)