|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To school
(b) To the sheriff's house
(c) To the saloon
(d) To the cemetery
2. What is the name of Charles's black servant?
(a) Ian Wright
(b) Aleck Sander
(c) Paul Davis
(d) James Baldwin
3. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Shoot the sheriff
(b) Dig up Gowrie's body
(c) Kill him
(d) Help him escape
4. Who stops Lucas from from getting lynched?
(a) The bar owner
(b) Miss Laney
(c) The blacksmith
(d) The shopkeepers son
5. What kind of hat does Lucas wear?
(a) A cowboy hat
(b) A top hat
(c) A beaver hat
(d) A Davy Crotchett hat
6. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
7. Why do they think that no one will lynch Lucas with Miss Habersham keeping guard?
(a) Because she knows all their mothers
(b) Because she is a woman
(c) Because she is enaged to the senator
(d) Because she is the best shot in the state
8. What does Charles ask if he can take to Lucas?
(b) A coca-cola
(c) A pork pie
(d) A guitar
9. What county is Montgomery from?
(a) Neshoba county
(b) Tate county
(c) Jefferson county
(d) Crossman county
10. Who does Charles find his uncle speaking to?
(a) Miss Habersham
(b) The sheriff
(c) His father
(d) His mother
11. How did Lucas once react to an insult from a white man?
(a) He hit him
(b) He insulted him back
(c) He cried
(d) He shot him
12. Why can Charles not take the car?
(a) It has no wheels
(b) He cannot drive
(c) His father has the keys
(d) It has no engine
13. Who does the sheriff phone to organize an exhumation order?
(a) The local judge
(b) The senator
(c) The district attourney
(d) The president
14. When does Charles think the Gowries will go after Lucas?
(a) In the morning
(b) On the sheriff's break
(c) On friday night
(d) After midnight
15. What does Lucas get arrested for?
(a) Shooting a local man
(b) Devil worship
(c) Bank robbery
(d) Tax fraud
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucas order to pick the money up from the floor?
2. Where does Charles buy the tobacco?
3. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
4. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
5. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)