|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wood is the coffin made from?
2. What county is Montgomery from?
(a) Neshoba county
(b) Crossman county
(c) Tate county
(d) Jefferson county
3. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
4. Where does Aleck Sander eat his breakfast?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The dining room
(c) The garden
(d) The dog house
5. Why does Charles initially think he no longer owes Lucas a debt?
(a) Lucas is a criminal
(b) He bought Molly a dress
(c) Lucas is a black man
(d) Lucas does not notice him
6. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Help him escape
(b) Kill him
(c) Dig up Gowrie's body
(d) Shoot the sheriff
7. What is the name of Charles's black servant?
(a) Ian Wright
(b) James Baldwin
(c) Paul Davis
(d) Aleck Sander
8. Why does the sheriff put Lucas in a cell usually reserved for white prisoners?
(a) To give him a good nights sleep
(b) Lucas has a white man's mind
(c) He will be safer there
(d) To tempt him into hanging himself
9. Where does Charles buy the tobacco?
(a) The saloon
(b) The tobbaconist
(c) The pharmacy
(d) The super market
10. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
(a) Pockets it
(b) Swallows it
(c) Gives it to Aleck
(d) Throws it on the floor
11. Why does the sheriff think the towns people will not lynch during the day?
(a) It is too hot
(b) They can see each others faces
(c) They have to work
(d) Too many people are around
12. What does the constable chain Lucas to?
(a) A car handle
(b) A bed post
(c) The murder victim
(d) A railing
13. What do the black prisoners normally do?
(a) Spit at passers by
(b) Sing the blues
(c) Stand at the window and call out
(d) Hit the bars with their metal plates
14. What day do they bury the murdered man?
15. How much money does Charles try to give Lucas?
(a) 1 dollar
(b) A dime
(c) 70 cents
(d) A quarter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aleck offer Charles to help him out of the water?
2. When does Charles think the Gowries will go after Lucas?
3. Why does Lucas accept Gavin's story?
4. What kind of job did Montgomery have?
5. Who does Lucas tell Charles he needs to speak to?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)