|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To the cemetery
(b) To school
(c) To the saloon
(d) To the sheriff's house
2. What does Charles say Will is reading?
(a) The funny papers
(b) Dashiel Hammet
(c) Das Capital
(d) A newsletter
3. What kind of job did Montgomery have?
(d) Timber buyer
4. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) He does not like him
(b) His wife has just died
(c) He is ignorant
(d) He no longer owes him
5. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
(a) A diamond ring
(b) An Alice band
(c) A flowered imitation silk dress
(d) A gold bracelet
6. Why does the sheriff think the towns people will not lynch during the day?
(a) They can see each others faces
(b) They have to work
(c) It is too hot
(d) Too many people are around
7. Who drives Miss Habersham to the cemetery?
(a) The sheriff
8. When does Gavin think they must wait until to dig up the body?
9. What does Lucas demand Charles does?
(a) Cook him dinner
(b) Tell a joke
(c) Warm himself by the fire
(d) Talk to his wife
10. Who does the Sheriff and Uncle Gavin want to sit out in front of the jail?
(a) Miss Habersham
(d) Will Legate
11. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
12. What does Charles notice about the roads?
(a) They are hilly
(b) They have been resurfaced
(c) There is a long trail trail of blood
(d) They are empty of black people
13. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
14. What does the rider have on the horse with him?
(a) A dead man
(b) A dead animal
(c) They could not see
(d) A rifle
15. What does Charles leave in the water?
(a) His pants
(b) His rifle
(c) His socks
(d) His wallet
Short Answer Questions
1. What day do they bury the murdered man?
2. Why do they find the grave so quickly?
3. What does Lucas get arrested for?
4. Who is the sheriff bringing to jail?
5. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)