|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
(a) In his pocket
(b) In his hand
(c) In the waistband of his pants
(d) On the floor by his feet
2. What make of gun does Lucas own?
(a) A Heckler and Koch
(b) A Remington
(c) A Colt .41
3. What does Charles leave in the water?
(a) His pants
(b) His wallet
(c) His socks
(d) His rifle
4. What do the black prisoners normally do?
(a) Sing the blues
(b) Spit at passers by
(c) Hit the bars with their metal plates
(d) Stand at the window and call out
5. What is the Sheriff's surname?
6. What kind of wood is the coffin made from?
7. Why are the black prisoners afraid to make a noise?
(a) They may by mistaken for Lucas
(b) They will not get fed
(c) Too much noise will set off a time bomb
(d) The sheriff is asleep
8. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
(a) They will carry it
(b) Drag it along with rope
(c) Using Charles' horse
(d) They don't need the body only the bullet
9. What does Charles say Will is reading?
(a) A newsletter
(b) Das Capital
(c) The funny papers
(d) Dashiel Hammet
10. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Dig up Gowrie's body
(b) Kill him
(c) Help him escape
(d) Shoot the sheriff
11. Who does the Sheriff and Uncle Gavin want to sit out in front of the jail?
(b) Miss Habersham
(d) Will Legate
12. Who does Charles find his uncle speaking to?
(a) Miss Habersham
(b) The sheriff
(c) His mother
(d) His father
13. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To the sheriff's house
(b) To school
(c) To the cemetery
(d) To the saloon
14. Why does the sheriff put Lucas in a cell usually reserved for white prisoners?
(a) Lucas has a white man's mind
(b) To tempt him into hanging himself
(c) He will be safer there
(d) To give him a good nights sleep
15. Why can Charles not take the car?
(a) His father has the keys
(b) It has no wheels
(c) It has no engine
(d) He cannot drive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
2. How would Charles leave town?
3. What is Will Legate armed with?
4. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
5. Who has the sheriff hired to look after Lucas?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)