|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job did Montgomery have?
(b) Timber buyer
2. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) His wife has just died
(b) He is ignorant
(c) He no longer owes him
(d) He does not like him
3. Who stops Lucas from from getting lynched?
(a) The bar owner
(b) Miss Laney
(c) The shopkeepers son
(d) The blacksmith
4. What does Lucas want Charles to do?
(a) Shoot the sheriff
(b) Kill him
(c) Dig up Gowrie's body
(d) Help him escape
5. Where does Aleck Sander eat his breakfast?
(a) The garden
(b) The kitchen
(c) The dog house
(d) The dining room
6. Where does Uncle Gavin tell Lucas he shot the man?
(a) In the kidney
(b) In the groin
(c) Between the eyes
(d) In the back
7. What does Aleck offer Charles to help him out of the water?
(a) A dingy
(b) A plank
(c) A boat
(d) A pole
8. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
(a) Swallows it
(b) Gives it to Aleck
(c) Pockets it
(d) Throws it on the floor
9. Who is the sheriff bringing to jail?
(a) Lucas Beachamp
(b) Carothers Edmunds
(c) Gavin Stevens
(d) Charles Mallison
10. Where does Charles end up throwing the coins?
(a) At Lucas
(b) Into the sea
(c) In the creek
(d) Down a well
11. Who does the sheriff phone to organize an exhumation order?
(a) The district attourney
(b) The local judge
(c) The president
(d) The senator
12. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
(a) An Alice band
(b) A flowered imitation silk dress
(c) A diamond ring
(d) A gold bracelet
13. What does Charles ask if he can take to Lucas?
(a) A guitar
(c) A pork pie
(d) A coca-cola
14. On what day does Charles meet Lucas for the second time?
15. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
(a) Drag it along with rope
(b) Using Charles' horse
(c) They will carry it
(d) They don't need the body only the bullet
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucas once react to an insult from a white man?
2. What does Charles say Will is reading?
3. What does Charles do when they hear the mule?
4. Where does Gavin take Charles?
5. Who drives Miss Habersham to the cemetery?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)