|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will Legate armed with?
(a) A sword
(b) A double barrel shotgun
(c) A single shot shot gun
(d) A revolver
2. What kind of look does Charles think Lucas has in his eyes?
(a) Intolerable and inflexible
(b) Tired and experienced
(c) Sinful and cold
(d) Wise and humorous
3. What does Lucas send to Charles in return for Charles sending his wife a dress?
(a) Homemade sorghum molasses
(b) Homemade corndogs
(c) A revolver
(d) A train set
4. Why does Charles initially think he no longer owes Lucas a debt?
(a) Lucas does not notice him
(b) He bought Molly a dress
(c) Lucas is a criminal
(d) Lucas is a black man
5. Why can Charles not take the car?
(a) His father has the keys
(b) He cannot drive
(c) It has no engine
(d) It has no wheels
6. How would Charles leave town?
(b) Take his father's car
(c) Catch a train
(d) Ride away on his pony
7. How are they going to transport the body back to the truck?
(a) They will carry it
(b) Drag it along with rope
(c) Using Charles' horse
(d) They don't need the body only the bullet
8. When does Gavin think they must wait until to dig up the body?
9. What kind of wood is the coffin made from?
10. What does Lucas get arrested for?
(a) Bank robbery
(b) Shooting a local man
(c) Devil worship
(d) Tax fraud
11. When does Will Legate join the group at the sheriff's house?
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
12. How much money does Charles try to give Lucas?
(a) 70 cents
(b) 1 dollar
(c) A dime
(d) A quarter
13. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
(a) The sheriff
(c) Uncle Gavin
14. When is Charles afraid the the town folk will lynch Lucas?
(a) When he is at his court hearing
(b) When the sheriff transfers him to his jail
(c) While he is chained to a bed post
(d) When he is released on bail
15. Who does Charles wake up when he gets home?
(a) His father
(c) Uncle Gavin
(d) The sheriff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
2. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
3. What is the Sheriff's surname?
4. How old was Charles when he first met Lucas?
5. Where does the Lucas's wife sit?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)