|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the black prisoners normally do?
(a) Sing the blues
(b) Spit at passers by
(c) Hit the bars with their metal plates
(d) Stand at the window and call out
2. Where does Aleck Sander eat his breakfast?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The garden
(c) The dining room
(d) The dog house
3. What does Lucas lay on the bare cots?
(b) His jacket
4. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) His wife has just died
(b) He no longer owes him
(c) He does not like him
(d) He is ignorant
5. What make of gun does Lucas own?
(a) A Colt .41
(b) A Remington
(c) A Heckler and Koch
6. What is Will Legate armed with?
(a) A revolver
(b) A double barrel shotgun
(c) A single shot shot gun
(d) A sword
7. What does Lucas send to Charles in return for Charles sending his wife a dress?
(a) Homemade corndogs
(b) A revolver
(c) A train set
(d) Homemade sorghum molasses
8. What does Uncle Gavin say is the unwritten code of the south?
(a) That everyone should go to church
(b) That white people are superior
(c) That life is for living
(d) That the family of the victim should be alllowed to hang the black man responsible
9. Who does Charles go home to speak to?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(b) His father
(d) His mother
10. What is the name of Lucas's wife?
(d) Baby Suggs
11. What does Charles buy Molly Beauchamp?
(a) A flowered imitation silk dress
(b) An Alice band
(c) A diamond ring
(d) A gold bracelet
12. Where does Charles eat his breakfast?
(a) In the garden
(b) In the lounge
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the dining room
13. Who does Lucas remind Charles of?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway
(b) The president
(c) His grandfather
(d) His father
14. What kind of animal does Mr. Edmunds invite Charles to hunt?
15. What does Charles say Will is reading?
(a) Das Capital
(b) The funny papers
(c) A newsletter
(d) Dashiel Hammet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
2. Where does Uncle Gavin tell Lucas he shot the man?
3. Who does Lucas tell Charles he needs to speak to?
4. Why do they find the grave so quickly?
5. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)