|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
(a) No one cares what happens to Lucas
(b) They do not know who the person on the mule was
(c) It is a waste of public resources
(d) He does not want to anger the Goweries'
2. What does Charles notice about the roads?
(a) There is a long trail trail of blood
(b) They are hilly
(c) They have been resurfaced
(d) They are empty of black people
3. What are the two women doing outside the jail?
4. Which one of the Gowrie clan is a draft dodger?
5. What moment of the story does Charles think back to?
(a) The trip to the cemetery
(b) A conversation with Aleck
(c) His breakfast that morning
(d) His first meeting with Lucas
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job did Montgomery have?
2. What does Aleck offer Charles to help him out of the water?
3. Where does Charles end up throwing the coins?
4. When does Charles think the Gowries will go after Lucas?
5. Who does Charles go home to speak to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)