|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will Legate armed with?
(a) A double barrel shotgun
(b) A revolver
(c) A single shot shot gun
(d) A sword
2. How would Charles leave town?
(a) Take his father's car
(b) Ride away on his pony
(d) Catch a train
3. What does Charles notice about the roads?
(a) They have been resurfaced
(b) They are hilly
(c) There is a long trail trail of blood
(d) They are empty of black people
4. What does Charles do with the money when Lucas refuses it?
(a) Throws it on the floor
(b) Gives it to Aleck
(c) Swallows it
(d) Pockets it
5. Why is Charles so worried about finding the body?
(a) He thinks the murderer is watching them
(b) He is worried about what his mother will say
(c) He thinks the body will come alive
(d) He thinks it will have germs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles think the men have gathered around the jail?
2. What does the constable chain Lucas to?
3. What does Charles consider doing so he does not have to see Lucas lynched?
4. What age had Charles's mother sworn she would allow her son coffee?
5. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)