|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas demand Charles does?
(a) Talk to his wife
(b) Cook him dinner
(c) Tell a joke
(d) Warm himself by the fire
2. What does Charles do when they hear the mule?
(a) Greets the mule and its rider cordially
(b) Drives off the road
(c) Shoots at the mule blindly
(d) Asks who it is
3. Who does Charles ride into town with to see Lucas?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(b) The sheriff
4. Where did Lucas have his gun when they found him standing over the dead man?
(a) In the waistband of his pants
(b) In his hand
(c) In his pocket
(d) On the floor by his feet
5. How do the character know the grave has been disturbed?
(a) There are footprints
(b) There are fresh cigarette butts on the ground
(c) The flowers have been disturbed
(d) The coffin is lying empty next to the grave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Sheriff and Uncle Gavin want to sit out in front of the jail?
2. What is the name of Lucas's wife?
3. How old was Charles when he first met Lucas?
4. Who is the sheriff bringing to jail?
5. What does Charles leave in the water?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)