|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) His wife has just died
(b) He does not like him
(c) He is ignorant
(d) He no longer owes him
2. Who does Charles meet for the first time when he climbs out of the water?
(a) Lucas Beachamp
(b) Gavin Stevens
(c) Aleck Sander
(d) His father
3. What does the constable chain Lucas to?
(a) A bed post
(b) The murder victim
(c) A car handle
(d) A railing
4. Who drives Miss Habersham to the cemetery?
(b) The sheriff
5. Why can Charles not take the car?
(a) He cannot drive
(b) His father has the keys
(c) It has no wheels
(d) It has no engine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Gavin say is the unwritten code of the south?
2. What does Charles ask Aleck Sander to do?
3. When does Charles think the Gowries will go after Lucas?
4. Who rides the horse from the truck to the cemetery?
5. How did Lucas once react to an insult from a white man?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)