|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles refuse to go with Gavin?
(a) Gavin is drunk
(b) He is afraid the crowd will hurt the women
(c) He is afraid what his mother will say
(d) He is scared
2. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
(a) He no longer owes him
(b) He is ignorant
(c) His wife has just died
(d) He does not like him
3. Why is Charles so worried about finding the body?
(a) He thinks the body will come alive
(b) He is worried about what his mother will say
(c) He thinks the murderer is watching them
(d) He thinks it will have germs
4. What does Charles realize when Lucas notices him?
(a) He is innocent
(b) He is guilty
(c) He still owes him a debt
(d) He has a good memory
5. Where does Gavin take Charles?
(a) To the sheriff's house
(b) To the cemetery
(c) To school
(d) To the saloon
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins find in the pine coffin?
2. What day do they bury the murdered man?
3. Who drives Miss Habersham to the jail?
4. What does Lucas demand Charles does?
5. What does Uncle Gavin say the crowd did when Charles suggests that they ran?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)