|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the sheriff reluctant to do anything?
(a) He does not want to anger the Goweries'
(b) No one cares what happens to Lucas
(c) They do not know who the person on the mule was
(d) It is a waste of public resources
2. Where does Uncle Gavin tell Lucas he shot the man?
(a) In the groin
(b) In the kidney
(c) Between the eyes
(d) In the back
3. Who does not want Charles's mother to go to the jail?
(a) Uncle Gavin
(b) The Sheriff
(c) Charles's father
4. Where does the Lucas's wife sit?
(a) In a rocking chair by the fire
(b) On the rug by the fire
(c) On a stool next to the stove
(d) On the table
5. What did Lucas alway wear when he went into town?
(a) His pistol
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His gold cufflinks
(d) His grandfather's jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. How many faces does Charles dream that the crowd has?
2. What does the constable chain Lucas to?
3. Why does the sheriff think the towns people will not lynch during the day?
4. Why does Charles think Lucas does not talk to him the second time they meet in town?
5. Why does Charles think his father is so angry?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)