Examine the relationship between Aleck and Charles. Do you think they are more friends than master and servant? What does that say about the changing racial attitudes in south at that time? How different do you think there relationship would of changed if they met again today?
Faulkner uses stream of consciousness in his writing.
1) Describe what stream of consciousness is? What meaning does it bring to a novel?
2) Why do you think Faulkner uses stream of consciousness in Intruder in the Dust? How different would the novel be if he wrote in normal prose?
Faulkner foreshadows many of the events in the novel.
1) Define foreshadowing. What does foreshadowing give to a novel?
2) How do you think an author should use foreshadowing? Can it be under or overused?
3) Using two examples from the book discuss how Faulkner uses foreshadowing.
Faulkner uses southern dialect. What meaning do you think...
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)