|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: May 13, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doug Hansen and __________ are being led up to the summit by Rob Hall as Krakauer begins his descent.
(a) Yasuko Namba
(b) Neil Beidleman
(c) Andy Harris
2. What did Fischer climb Everest without in order to attract attention to his climbing skills and services?
3. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
(a) Camp One
(b) Base Camp
(c) Camp Two
(d) South Col
4. After whom is Mount Everest named?
(a) No one
(b) Sir Joseph Evers
(c) Sir George Everest
(d) Annabelle Everest
5. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
(a) Highly organized and efficient
(b) Full speed ahead
(c) Zen and serene
(d) Don't take chances
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Fischer climbed Mount Everest?
2. Who tells one of Fischer's Sherpas to stay behind?
3. What is the name of the highest camp on Mount Everest?
4. From what country is the answer to #27?
5. What is the acronym for the illness Topche comes down with?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)