|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: May 13, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with the climbers mentioned in #170?
(a) John Krakauer
(b) Mike Groom
(c) Rob Hall
(d) John Taske
2. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
(a) Camp Two
(b) South Col
(c) Base Camp
(d) Camp One
3. Who is suspected to have frostbite and a frozen larynx?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) John Krakauer
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Andy Harris
4. From what side has the team in #151 ascended Everest?
(c) Indian Ocean
5. Which leader of the South African group does not appear to be doing well?
(a) Bruce Herrod
(b) Brent Rumnan
(c) Bruce Hammond
(d) Brian Hillard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ang Dorje called by the other climbers in the group?
2. From what country is the answer to #27?
3. Who does Krakauer help when they reach Camp One?
4. Krakauer sees a dead body wrapped in a ______________ as they are climbing their second acclimatization climb.
5. What does Krakauer find on a short hike up from Camp Two?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)