|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: May 13, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of Krakauer's group with which he is climbing in order to write a story for Outside Magazine?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Anatoli Bourkeev
2. How many people in Hall's group (besides Hall) have ever climbed above 8,000 feet?
3. How many people are left of the original 11 team members on Hall's team?
4. Where does the bottleneck of climbers form as the team descends Mount Everest?
(b) Geneva Spur
(c) Yellow Band
(d) Hillary Step
5. In 1852, who takes a complete survey of India in order to find out more about this land that is their colony now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
2. Sherpas that have reached the summit are highly _________ in the community in which they live.
3. Who is Krakauer's tent mate at Camp Two?
4. What is Krakauer impatient about as he runs out of oxygen?
5. What is the acronym for the illness Topche comes down with?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)