|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: May 13, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suspected to have frostbite and a frozen larynx?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) John Krakauer
(c) Andy Harris
(d) Doug Hansen
2. What is obscuring the actual peak for the team climbing in #151, making it look much closer than it actually is?
(a) A ridge
(c) Heavy clouds
3. What is Ang Dorje called by the other climbers in the group?
(a) Smiling sherpa
(b) Sherpa master
(c) Climbing sirdar
(d) Climbing monkey
4. Who were the first known climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Fischer and Tenzing
(b) Tenzing and Waugh
(c) Hillary and Hall
(d) Hillary and Tenzing
5. Who is described as being from New Zealand, having a full beard, and being gregarious and funny?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Anatoli Bourkeev
(d) Rob Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looked to be the strongest, but is worn out by the quick pace at the start?
2. From what side has the team in #151 ascended Everest?
3. What is the name of the large chunks into which the glacier breaks?
4. Who is waiting for Fischer when he reaches the Everest summit because he feels indebted to him?
5. Hall says it's actually easy to get up the mountain, "The trick is get down _________."
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)