|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: April 12, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nationality of the two climbers who are thought to have reached the summit first, although they never returned to camp?
2. After whom is Mount Everest named?
(a) Annabelle Everest
(b) Sir Joseph Evers
(c) Sir George Everest
(d) No one
3. What did Fischer climb Everest without in order to attract attention to his climbing skills and services?
4. What has NOT left Krukauer feeling drained when he reaches the summit?
(a) Thin air
(b) No water
(d) Lack of sleep
5. What is Andy Harris' wife's name, as Krakauer finds out from hiking with him?
(a) Maddie Lane
(b) Mary Richardson
(c) Fiona Stevenson
(d) Lola Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Base Camp manager for the group?
2. What is Harris' wife's occupation?
3. Who does Krakauer see climbing up to the summit and who appears as looking beat?
4. Doug Hansen and __________ are being led up to the summit by Rob Hall as Krakauer begins his descent.
5. What do some of the climbers unpack when they are getting ready for their first acclimatization climb, much to Krakauer's alarm?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)