|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: April 12, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Krakauer impressed with in his group because he keeps up a steady pace?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) John Taske
(c) Frank Fischbeck
(d) Rob Hall
2. What is the name of the highest camp on Mount Everest?
(a) Camp Two
(b) Camp Four
(c) Camp Three
(d) Camp Five
3. Who seems to act like a sort of mayor in the 'town' of Base Camp?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Scott Fischer
(c) John Krakauer
(d) Andy Harris
4. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
(a) Highly organized and efficient
(b) Zen and serene
(c) Don't take chances
(d) Full speed ahead
5. Who does Fischer actually depend on for financial support for his climbing?
(a) His wife
(b) His parents
(c) His brother
(d) His partner
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the trail that slows down the hikers as they move along the glacier?
2. The climbers on Everest do not _____________ for safety, which is different from other climbs Krakauer has done.
3. How many times has Fischer climbed Mount Everest?
4. How many continents' highest points did Rob Hall climb in a period of seven months once?
5. What did Fischer climb Everest without in order to attract attention to his climbing skills and services?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)