|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everest Base Camp: April 12, 1996 - 17,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Krakauer ask to turn down his oxygen tank because he wants to conserve his oxygen as he waits for other climbers?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) David Brashears
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Andy Harris
2. What is the name of the part on the climb where the glacier fractures into large chunks?
(a) Moving Meadow
(b) Western Col
(d) Glacier Freeze
3. What is Krakauer's reaction to seeing climbers lined up to get to the summit?
4. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
(a) Carpentry and writing
(b) Fishing and sailing
(c) Fishing and carpentry
(d) Surveying and geocaching
5. In what is Base Camp located?
(a) Natural ampitheatre
(b) Dense forest
(c) Large cave
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the highest camp on Mount Everest?
2. Where is Hall's group first flying to by helicopter before they begin their climb up the mountain?
3. What is Krakauer impatient about as he runs out of oxygen?
4. What is so special about the man who is the answer to #27?
5. Who led an effort to clean up Base Camp when it was dirty in the 70's and 80's?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)