|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
2. What connection did Jim Gallien make when he read the article about Chris's death?
3. How does Roman Dial, who teaches at the University of Alaska, interpret Chris's actions?
4. What similarity is there between Jon's relationship with his father and Chris's relationship with Walt?
5. How is Carine different from Chris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your opinion about the effect pets can have on one's life. Use the example of Chris and Carine's dog, Buck. Add examples from your life--either pets you have had and been close to or examples of people and their special pets you know.
Essay Topic 2
Given the amount of information Krakauer includes about Chris's abilities, write and OP-ED piece about another successful course Chris might have taken to realize his ideals. You might want to have him go into the Peace Corps or get involved in something like Habitat for Humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Write about other people's opinions of a person. Use the examples of what Westerberg, Jan, and Franz had to say about Chris when Krakauer interviewed them. Did they express opinions that they never expressed to Chris himself? Include the confusion of Walt McCandless as he talked to Krakauer seven weeks after Chris died.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)