Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
2. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
3. Where did Chris leave from on April 15, 1992 on his journey to Alaska?
4. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
5. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
Write about respect for authority. Using the example of Chris failing one course, physics, because he refused to turn in his assignments according to the way the professor wanted them. Then broaden the point of view. You may want to write about taggers (delinquents who paint graffiti on public buildings). Conclude with your idea about what society would be like if everyone simply did whatever he or she pleased without regard to others or the law.
Write an essay about loneliness. Using Ron Franz as an example, write about how losing loved ones can affect one's life and what one can do to fill the void. Give your opinion of Ron Franz as to whether he had a good plan for living alone.
Write your opinion of how Chris McCandless might have changed had he survived. Some of the passages he underscored in books he was reading might give you some insight into how he might have been after leaving Alaska.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)