|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the cloth belt Krakauer founds in the bus?
2. Why does Krakauer think Chris could not excrete poison from his body?
3. At the time of publication of the notice of Chris's death, what problem did the police have?
4. Where did Chris leave from on April 15, 1992 on his journey to Alaska?
5. August 12, Chris left the bus to forage for berries. What did the note he left on the door say?
Essay Topic 1
Write about respect for authority. Using the example of Chris failing one course, physics, because he refused to turn in his assignments according to the way the professor wanted them. Then broaden the point of view. You may want to write about taggers (delinquents who paint graffiti on public buildings). Conclude with your idea about what society would be like if everyone simply did whatever he or she pleased without regard to others or the law.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about loneliness. Using Ron Franz as an example, write about how losing loved ones can affect one's life and what one can do to fill the void. Give your opinion of Ron Franz as to whether he had a good plan for living alone.
Essay Topic 3
Write your opinion about the effect pets can have on one's life. Use the example of Chris and Carine's dog, Buck. Add examples from your life--either pets you have had and been close to or examples of people and their special pets you know.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)