|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ambitions did Jon Krakauer's father have for all of his children?
2. What did Walt leave in the bus?
3. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
4. How did Chris travel the 1,000 miles from Laird, Alaska, to Fairbanks?
5. How far did Chris travel on the Stampede Trail before he located the abandoned bus?
Essay Topic 1
Gather information about Jack London. Write about how Chris admired his description of survival in the Alaskan wilderness but did not recognize it as fiction written by a man who never did the things included in his book, CALL OF THE WILD.
Essay Topic 2
Write about hitchhiking. What are the dangers? Why do people not pick up hitchhikers very much? Include Gaylord Stuckey, who seldom picked up hitchhikers, and Jim Gallien who picked Chris up even though he was carrying a rifle.
Essay Topic 3
Interview someone who has had an unusual travel adventure and write their story. It can be any kind of travel adventure and not just a solo trip living off the land. Ask questions about the people they met and the descriptions of the places they visited.
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)