|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer think actually killed Chris?
(a) Tainted canned goods he found in the bus.
(b) Poisonous leaves he was reduced to eating.
(c) The wild potato seeds he was eating.
(d) Choking on rabbit bones.
2. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
(a) Change his mind and go back to the Westerbergs.
(b) Send him photos of his adventure and notify the forrest service where he will be.
(c) Wait until spring and work to get money for better boots.
(d) Write him a letter when he returns and call his parents before he goes into the wilderness.
3. What did Krakauer do similar to what Chris did when he needed to go to the village of Petersberg?
(a) He abandoned his car.
(b) He sent postcards to friends.
(c) He burned his money.
(d) He bought a big bag of rice.
4. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
(a) Seven weeks after Chris's body was recovered.
(b) On what would have been Chris's birthday.
(c) Never. He would not speak with Krakauer.
(d) A year after Chris died.
5. What is significant about the cloth belt Krakauer founds in the bus?
(a) Chris probably didn't want to ruin the leather belt he had made at Ron Franz's house.
(b) It must have been made when Chris got too thin for his jeans.
(c) Chris had made it to keep himself busy.
(d) He seemd to have made it to tie up his paperback books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Krakauer find that suggests Chris was ready to re-enter society?
2. How is Carine different from Chris?
3. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
4. What emotional experience disturbed Chris while he is staying in the bus?
5. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)