|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
(a) From the note he had taped to the bus door.
(b) From his journal.
(c) From his virginia driver's license.
(d) From his Social Security card they found in his wallet.
2. When Krakauer was at the mountain he came to climb, what enhanced his emotions?
(a) The cheers of the people who came to see him off.
(b) Two sturdy aluminum curtain rods with him, lashed in a cross shape, to prevent him from falling into a crevasse.
(c) The beauty of the snowy terrain and clear sky was intensified for him by his solitude.
(d) The clean air which gave him an oxygen high.
3. What shows Chris's attitude toward injustices that began when he was in college?
(a) He began bringing homeless people to his dorm room.
(b) He took classes about world hunger, poverty, wealth distribution and racism.
(c) He refused a new car because there were so many people who did not have one.
(d) He started a soup kitchen in Annandale.
4. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
(a) To see if he is any different now as a mature man.
(b) To show how he was so much better than Chris.
(c) To prove that he had no right to write about Chris.
(d) To show his affinity with Chris.
5. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
(a) A daycare for the elderly.
(b) A publishing company.
(c) An auto repair business.
(d) An electronics shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spurred Krakauer on after his failed attempt to climb Devil's Thumb?
2. What did Billie leave in the bus?
3. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
4. What daunting challenge did Krakauer set for himself as a young man?
5. What similarity is there between Jon's relationship with his father and Chris's relationship with Walt?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)