|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the bones outside the bus reveal?
(a) That the animal Chris killed had been eaten by vultures.
(b) What Chris thought was a moose was actually caribou.
(c) That the bus had been attacked by wolves.
(d) That Chris had been unable to kill edible animals.
2. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
(a) Walt and Billie divorced but later remarried.
(b) Walt had affairs with several women.
(c) Walt kept a mistress after Chris went to college.
(d) Walt had lived a bigamist life for some years after Chris was born.
3. What is significant about the cloth belt Krakauer founds in the bus?
(a) Chris probably didn't want to ruin the leather belt he had made at Ron Franz's house.
(b) It must have been made when Chris got too thin for his jeans.
(c) He seemd to have made it to tie up his paperback books.
(d) Chris had made it to keep himself busy.
4. August 12, Chris left the bus to forage for berries. What did the note he left on the door say?
(a) It was a desperate plea for assistance signed with his real name.
(b) "If I do not return, look for me north of the bus."
(c) "Gone fishing, be back in one hour."
(d) "There is stew on the stove, go in and help yourself."
5. What daunting challenge did Krakauer set for himself as a young man?
(a) To scale a mountain called the Devils Thumb alone.
(b) To ski down Mt. McKinley.
(c) To find out how much terror he can stand.
(d) To prove that he is always right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
2. How does Roman Dial, who teaches at the University of Alaska, interpret Chris's actions?
3. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
4. How is Carine different from Chris?
5. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)