|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His uncle, Milton.
(b) His sister, Carine.
(c) His gramdmother.
(d) His cousin, Jason.
2. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(b) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(b) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(c) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(d) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(b) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
(c) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
(d) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
5. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(b) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(c) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(d) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
2. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
3. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
4. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
5. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did there happen to be an abandoned bus where Chris could find it?
2. How was Krakauer's Alaska experience different from Chris's?
3. Explain the origins of the Stampede Trail.
4. When Jim Gallien picked Chris up, what went through the back of his mind?
5. Explain Jim Gillien's difficulty in contacting the Alaska police.
6. In Chris's journal, what did he think was happening to him?
7. What are some particulars about Alex (Chris) deciding to go to San Diego?
8. What discovery about himself did Krakauer make after conquering Devil's Thumb?
9. What happened to Chris's plan to paddle a canoe from Arizona to the Gulf of California?
10. Why does Krakauer mention the papar at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)