Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
(a) He spent that summer doing things with his father.
(b) He let his father ready his personal journal.
(c) He gave his father an expensive telescope and told him how much he appreciated him.
(d) He asked his father's advice about choosing a college.
2. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
(a) Contacted Gillien to get more information.
(b) Flew to Alaska to claim the body.
(c) Drove to Maryland to inform Chris's parents.
(d) Told his wife that he always knew Chris would end that way.
3. Where did Chris leave from on April 15, 1992 on his journey to Alaska?
(a) Los angeles.
4. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
(a) On what would have been Chris's birthday.
(b) A year after Chris died.
(c) Seven weeks after Chris's body was recovered.
(d) Never. He would not speak with Krakauer.
5. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
(a) From his journal.
(b) From his virginia driver's license.
(c) From the note he had taped to the bus door.
(d) From his Social Security card they found in his wallet.
6. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
(a) He told them Chris graduated from Emory University.
(b) He had a photo of Chris's yellow Datsun with the license plate showing.
(c) He had Chris's fingerprints on file.
(d) He had Chris's Social Security number on file.
7. What emotional experience disturbed Chris while he is staying in the bus?
(a) Watching an otter get captured by an eagle.
(b) Bad dreams that hinted of his death.
(c) Killing a moose and being unable to preserve the meat.
(d) Thinking about his sister.
8. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
(a) Not being able to eat rice.
(b) Thinking about how they found Chris's body.
(c) Thinking more about the homeless.
(d) Learning that he starved to death.
9. What evidence does Krakauer find that suggests Chris was ready to re-enter society?
(a) The graffiti Chris drew on the bus indicated he wanted to see people again.
(b) Chris had written down the names and addresses of everyone who had helped him so he could visit them again.
(c) Doctor Zhivago, a book Chris was reading, includes that genuine happiness must be shared with one's fellow human beings and Chris had made a note beside that passage.
(d) Chris's journal indicated that he was beginning to doubt Thoreau.
10. When Krakauer reached an impassable place on the mountain, what did he do?
(a) He radioed for help.
(b) He sat down and cried.
(c) There was nothing to do but descend.
(d) He started traveling horizontally on the mountain.
11. What did Billie realize as she get to the bus?
(a) The place looked like a frozen desert.
(b) Chris had found the farthest place he could to get away from them.
(c) The terraine looked like where she grew up and that Chris must have loved it.
(d) It was so isolated that no one could remain sane there.
12. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
(a) He was lazy about training.
(b) He did not take defeat well.
(c) He was not interested in competition.
(d) He wanted other people to win.
13. What did Billie leave in the bus?
(a) A down coat and some matches.
(b) A suitcase filled with emergency food supplies.
(c) Three heavy blankets.
(d) A set of steel plates and cups.
14. What spurred Krakauer on after his failed attempt to climb Devil's Thumb?
(a) His mood after he naps.
(b) The fact that he has enough food to try again.
(c) The prospect of defeat.
(d) A spider that keeps working after its web breaks.
15. What did the bones outside the bus reveal?
(a) That the animal Chris killed had been eaten by vultures.
(b) What Chris thought was a moose was actually caribou.
(c) That Chris had been unable to kill edible animals.
(d) That the bus had been attacked by wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
2. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
3. What sad discovery does Krakauer make just a quarter mile down stream on the river?
4. What did Walt leave in the bus?
5. What is so poignant about the final photograph Chris took of himself holding his good-bye note?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)