Short Essay Questions Key
1. Jon Krakauer wrote an article about Chris McCandless for OUTSIDE magazine in January of 1993. Explain why Krakauer was then compelled to write the book, Into The Wild
2. Tell how Krakauer disliked the assertion from so many people that Chris had foolishly thrown away his life.
3. How does Krakauer rebut the idea that Chris was a reckless idiot, a wacko, a narcissist?
4. What is clear about the author's intentions in writing this book?
5. Describe the evidence at the opening of Chapter 1 that indicates Chris might have had a premonition about his death.
6. Explain Chris's lack of readiness for his Alaskan adventure.
7. When Jim Gallien picked Chris up, what went through the back of his mind?
8. Explain why Gallien decided not to notify the authorities of Chris's plan.
9. Explain the origins of the Stampede Trail.
10. How did there happen to be an abandoned bus where Chris could find it?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)