|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
(a) Learning that he starved to death.
(b) Thinking about how they found Chris's body.
(c) Thinking more about the homeless.
(d) Not being able to eat rice.
2. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) Emory University.
(b) The University of Virginia.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His uncle, Milton.
(b) His sister, Carine.
(c) His cousin, Jason.
(d) His gramdmother.
4. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
(a) A series of freak desert storms.
(b) Their mobile home broke down.
(c) Information that they were wanted by the police.
(d) He arrived at their door before they could leave.
5. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
(a) Walt and Chris believe in the same socialistic things.
(b) Chris was a carbon copy of his father when he was that age.
(c) Krakauer describes Chris and Walt McCandless as being very similar, both stubborn and temperamental individuals.
(d) Walt had always been kind and generous but Chris had always been aloof.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
2. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
3. How does Roman Dial, who teaches at the University of Alaska, interpret Chris's actions?
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
5. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)