|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Chris travel on the Stampede Trail before he located the abandoned bus?
(a) Forty miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) A mile and a half.
2. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
(a) All of Chris's track trophies lined up on the mantle.
(b) Clippings of newspaper articles and magazine stories about Chris.
(c) A photo memorial to Chris on the dining room table.
(d) No photos of Chris in the house.
3. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
4. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
(a) Photographers and painters.
(b) Vagabonds and drifters.
(c) Hikers and rafters.
(d) Native Americans and Russians.
5. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
(a) His love for his family but his inability to show it.
(b) His ambivalence to his family and his hatred of the people he met.
(c) His hurtfulness toward his family and his refusal to help anyone else.
(d) His coldness toward his parents and his warmth with people he met in his travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
2. How is Carine different from Chris?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
5. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)