|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
(a) Advanced radar technology.
(b) Nuclear physicist.
(d) CIA undercover.
2. What is Davis Gulch?
(a) An extension of the Grand Canyon.
(b) A watery oasis in the midst of southern Utah.
(c) A cattle passage through western Utah.
(d) A valley that has only one way in and out.
3. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(c) The bus was a burned out shell.
(d) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
4. How does Roman Dial, who teaches at the University of Alaska, interpret Chris's actions?
(a) He thinks the native Alaskans are right to condemn Chris.
(b) He agrees that Chris was borderline neurotic.
(c) Roman thinks no one should ever attempt what Chris did.
(d) Roman admires McCandless's efforts but would not undertake them himself.
5. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
(a) That he had an admirable spirit of adventure.
(b) That he seldom told the truth.
(c) That he lacked common sense.
(d) That he was an expert mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
2. What characteristic of his father's does Krakauer mention as a flaw?
3. How did Chris travel the 1,000 miles from Laird, Alaska, to Fairbanks?
4. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
5. Why did Chris write in his journal that he had found the Magic Bus?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)