|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
(a) A pool with a waterfall.
(b) A hippie commune of sorts, which had sprung up around some natural hot springs.
(c) A tourist inn and spa.
(d) A ranger station.
2. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(d) They hired a private investigator.
3. What is Davis Gulch?
(a) An extension of the Grand Canyon.
(b) A cattle passage through western Utah.
(c) A watery oasis in the midst of southern Utah.
(d) A valley that has only one way in and out.
4. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
(a) He walked from Washington, D. C. to San Francisco.
(b) He climbed Mt. Hunter's southeast spur on his own.
(c) He swam the English Channel in record time.
(d) He jumped out of a plane and parachuetted to the top of Mt. Hunter.
5. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(b) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(c) Joshua Tree National Park.
(d) Palm Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
2. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
3. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
4. What sad discovery does Krakauer make just a quarter mile down stream on the river?
5. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)