|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Clean up and get a good job.
(b) Start teaching young people.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Write a book about his travels.
2. How does Roman Dial, who teaches at the University of Alaska, interpret Chris's actions?
(a) He agrees that Chris was borderline neurotic.
(b) Roman thinks no one should ever attempt what Chris did.
(c) He thinks the native Alaskans are right to condemn Chris.
(d) Roman admires McCandless's efforts but would not undertake them himself.
3. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(b) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(c) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
(d) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
4. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(b) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(c) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(d) When it had no more blank pages.
5. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
(a) He walked from Washington, D. C. to San Francisco.
(b) He climbed Mt. Hunter's southeast spur on his own.
(c) He jumped out of a plane and parachuetted to the top of Mt. Hunter.
(d) He swam the English Channel in record time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
2. What did the bones outside the bus reveal?
3. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
4. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
5. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)