|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that he had found the Magic Bus?
(a) Because it reminded him of a magic flying machine.
(b) Because it saved him from having to pitch his tent.
(c) Because it was stocked with wilderness essentials by the hunters who use it during moose season.
(d) Because it popped up out of nowhere.
2. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
(a) A ranger station.
(b) A hippie commune of sorts, which had sprung up around some natural hot springs.
(c) A tourist inn and spa.
(d) A pool with a waterfall.
3. What did the bones outside the bus reveal?
(a) That Chris had been unable to kill edible animals.
(b) What Chris thought was a moose was actually caribou.
(c) That the animal Chris killed had been eaten by vultures.
(d) That the bus had been attacked by wolves.
4. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
(b) Bring him into the family business.
(c) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
(d) Give him a trip to Europe.
5. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
(a) Walt had affairs with several women.
(b) Walt and Billie divorced but later remarried.
(c) Walt had lived a bigamist life for some years after Chris was born.
(d) Walt kept a mistress after Chris went to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
2. How is Carine different from Chris?
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
4. When Krakauer reached an impassable place on the mountain, what did he do?
5. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)