|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As a father figure.
(b) As a lunatic.
(c) As uneducated.
(d) As being benevolent.
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
3. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That visitors were welcome.
(c) That he was near death.
(d) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(b) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
(c) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
(d) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(b) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
2. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
3. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
5. What emotional experience disturbed Chris while he is staying in the bus?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)