|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A quotation.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A skull and cross bones.
2. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His sister, Carine.
(b) His gramdmother.
(c) His uncle, Milton.
(d) His cousin, Jason.
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(b) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(c) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(d) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(b) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
5. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
(a) Krakauer skillfully shows that there has never been someone like Chris McCandless.
(b) Krakauer gives examples to leave the reader confused about Chris.
(c) Krakauer gradually and artfully transforms the reader's view of Chris from mentally ill isolationist to knowledgeable spiritual seeker.
(d) Krakauer points out that there have historically been examples of sick isolationists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
3. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
5. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)