|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
(a) He had a photo of Chris's yellow Datsun with the license plate showing.
(b) He had Chris's fingerprints on file.
(c) He had Chris's Social Security number on file.
(d) He told them Chris graduated from Emory University.
2. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(b) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(c) A waitress at the small cafe.
(d) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
3. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(b) Identifying him.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
4. How does Krakauer interpret the evidence he gathered about Chris?
(a) He suggests that someone else was in the bus and refused to help Chris.
(b) He sees Chris as a hopeles greenhorn without any knowledge of the terrain.
(c) He thinks that Chris was completely irrational and contributed to his own death.
(d) He believes that Chris immersed himself in nature in an effort to isolate himself from human society.
5. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(b) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(c) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(d) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
4. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
5. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)