|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(b) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(c) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(d) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
2. What is significant about August 5?
(a) It was Chris's birthday.
(b) It was Chris's 100th day in the wilderness.
(c) It was the day the moose hunters found his body.
(d) It was the day he killed the caribou.
3. Who had carved a passage from the creek up to the dry gulch?
(a) American Indians.
(b) Mormon cattlemen.
(c) Railroad explorers.
4. What connection did Jim Gallien make when he read the article about Chris's death?
(a) The rubber boots the news article mentioned were the ones he'd given Chris.
(b) Chris was the young hitchhiker he had given a ride to the Stampede Trail.
(c) The .22-caliber rifle they found in the bus was the same as the hitchhiker's he'd given a ride to.
(d) The empty bag of rice the article said the police found in the bus reminded him of the hitchhiker he'd picked up.
5. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
(a) Just for conversation with Wayne Westerberg.
(b) To give the reader an idea that Chris might change his mind.
(c) To make Chris seem thoughtless and cold.
(d) To contrast them with the adoptive Westerberg family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Chris's attitude toward injustices that began when he was in college?
2. What did the bones outside the bus reveal?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)