|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(b) If he had brought along some brandy.
(c) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(d) If he had taken someone with him.
2. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A battered canoe.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A plastic bag of groceries.
(d) A rifle.
3. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
(a) That he secretly had a sexual fantasy about his sister.
(b) That he knew what he was doing was unfair to his parents.
(c) That he had expressed a desire to marry and have a family some day.
(d) That he would eventually end up in a monastery in Tibet.
4. After Chris left home, why didnn't Carine get upset when he won't tell her where he was?
(a) She was glad he was gone so she could have his room.
(b) She thought their father would try to bring him home if he knew.
(c) She knew Chris was happy and thought he would come home some day.
(d) She didn't want to know because she didn't care.
5. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
(a) He gave his father an expensive telescope and told him how much he appreciated him.
(b) He asked his father's advice about choosing a college.
(c) He let his father ready his personal journal.
(d) He spent that summer doing things with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
2. A year after Chris's death, what did Krakauer observe on the banks of the Teklanika River where Chris had been unable to cross?
3. How is Carine different from Chris?
4. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
5. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)