|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(b) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
2. What is prominently displayed in Carine McCandless's home?
(a) Two photographs of her brother, Chris.
(b) A painting she did of her brother, Chris.
(c) All of Chris's track trophies.
(d) A scrapbook of news clippings about Chris.
3. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(b) Jan Buress.
(c) His sister.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
4. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Acting as a security gurad.
(b) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(c) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(d) Digging ditches.
5. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(b) Joshua Tree National Park.
(c) Palm Springs.
(d) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
2. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
3. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
4. What daunting challenge did Krakauer set for himself as a young man?
5. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)