|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(b) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(c) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
2. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Clean up and get a good job.
(c) Write a book about his travels.
(d) Start teaching young people.
3. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
(a) No photos of Chris in the house.
(b) Clippings of newspaper articles and magazine stories about Chris.
(c) A photo memorial to Chris on the dining room table.
(d) All of Chris's track trophies lined up on the mantle.
4. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
(a) Wait until spring and work to get money for better boots.
(b) Change his mind and go back to the Westerbergs.
(c) Write him a letter when he returns and call his parents before he goes into the wilderness.
(d) Send him photos of his adventure and notify the forrest service where he will be.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(c) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
2. What ambitions did Jon Krakauer's father have for all of his children?
3. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
4. When Krakauer reached an impassable place on the mountain, what did he do?
5. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)