|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that he had found the Magic Bus?
(a) Because it popped up out of nowhere.
(b) Because it saved him from having to pitch his tent.
(c) Because it was stocked with wilderness essentials by the hunters who use it during moose season.
(d) Because it reminded him of a magic flying machine.
2. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) On the Colorado River.
(c) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In Carthage, South Dakota.
3. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
(a) A hippie commune of sorts, which had sprung up around some natural hot springs.
(b) A tourist inn and spa.
(c) A pool with a waterfall.
(d) A ranger station.
4. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
(a) As a classic example of a true Robinson Crusoe.
(b) As mentally unbalanced.
(c) As a true hero others should look up to.
(d) As not very different from many idealistic, if short-sighted, young people.
5. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(b) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
(c) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(d) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chris left home, why didnn't Carine get upset when he won't tell her where he was?
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
3. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
4. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
5. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)