|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
(a) More young people should do what chris did.
(b) They are understandable but not justifiable.
(c) Except for a bit of bad luck, Chris was right to do what he did.
(d) They are exemplary.
2. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His being a loner.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) His poor hygiene.
(d) His long hair.
3. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His cousin, Jason.
(b) His uncle, Milton.
(c) His sister, Carine.
(d) His gramdmother.
4. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(b) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(c) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(d) He intended to return and pay for it.
5. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(d) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had carved a passage from the creek up to the dry gulch?
2. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
3. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
4. Where did Chris intend to hike?
5. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)