|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) He intended to return and pay for it.
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
3. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As uneducated.
(b) As a father figure.
(c) As being benevolent.
(d) As a lunatic.
4. What did Chris do the summer after his sophomore year in college?
(a) He worked in a garage to make money to buy his Datsun.
(b) He spent the entire summer with his sister, Carine.
(c) He returned to Annandale and wrote a flawless software program.
(d) He took a cross country hike.
5. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Give him a trip to Europe.
(b) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
(c) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
(d) Bring him into the family business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
2. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
3. What evidence does Krakauer find that suggests Chris was ready to re-enter society?
4. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
5. What is The Slabs?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)