|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
(a) He told them Chris graduated from Emory University.
(b) He had Chris's fingerprints on file.
(c) He had a photo of Chris's yellow Datsun with the license plate showing.
(d) He had Chris's Social Security number on file.
2. What is significant about August 5?
(a) It was Chris's 100th day in the wilderness.
(b) It was Chris's birthday.
(c) It was the day the moose hunters found his body.
(d) It was the day he killed the caribou.
3. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
(a) Call of the Wild and Around the World in Eighty Days.
(b) Look Homeward Angel and Lassie Come Home.
(c) Great Expectations and Gone With the Wind.
(d) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Moby Dick.
4. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
(a) To catch a train to Alaska.
(b) To find work for money for his Alaskan trip.
(c) To catch a steamer going up the coast to Alaska.
(d) To get a suntan at the beach before heading North.
5. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
(a) The captain of a tuna fishing boat.
(b) A kind woman named Kai Sandburn.
(c) A drifter named Jan Buress.
(d) A policeman offered him a jail cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
2. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
3. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
4. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
5. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)