|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Family Happiness.
(c) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(d) The Cherry Orchard.
2. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
(a) Great Expectations and Gone With the Wind.
(b) Call of the Wild and Around the World in Eighty Days.
(c) Look Homeward Angel and Lassie Come Home.
(d) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Moby Dick.
3. What does Krakauer think actually killed Chris?
(a) The wild potato seeds he was eating.
(b) Tainted canned goods he found in the bus.
(c) Poisonous leaves he was reduced to eating.
(d) Choking on rabbit bones.
4. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
(a) Both of them graduated from Emory University.
(b) Both of them had issues with their family life.
(c) Both of them were classical musicians.
(d) Both of them drove Yellow Datsons.
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. What connection did Jim Gallien make when he read the article about Chris's death?
3. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
4. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
5. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)