|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He campaigned for LBJ.
(b) He applied to go to West Point.
(c) He ran for President of the United States.
(d) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
2. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
(a) From his journal.
(b) From his Social Security card they found in his wallet.
(c) From his virginia driver's license.
(d) From the note he had taped to the bus door.
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(b) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(c) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(d) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
4. What information does Gallien provide the police?
(a) That Alex's real name was Chris McCandless.
(b) That Alex was coughing bad when he dropped him off.
(c) That the young man had called himself Alex and had come from South Dakota.
(d) That Alex had mentioned a friend named Ron in California.
5. What does Carine recall that Chris loved so much?
(a) His yellow Datsun.
(b) Reading Moby Dick.
(c) Her dog, Buck.
(d) The Gianni guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Krakauer reached an impassable place on the mountain, what did he do?
2. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
3. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
5. What connection did Jim Gallien make when he read the article about Chris's death?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)