|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Managing money.
(b) Having a relationship with a girl.
(c) Cooking for himself.
(d) Living off the land.
2. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
3. What is prominently displayed in Carine McCandless's home?
(a) Two photographs of her brother, Chris.
(b) A scrapbook of news clippings about Chris.
(c) All of Chris's track trophies.
(d) A painting she did of her brother, Chris.
4. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As being benevolent.
(b) As a father figure.
(c) As a lunatic.
(d) As uneducated.
5. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(b) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(c) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
(d) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
3. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
4. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
5. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)