|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
(a) An auto repair business.
(b) A publishing company.
(c) A daycare for the elderly.
(d) An electronics shop.
2. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(b) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
(c) He started going back to church.
(d) He became an alcoholic.
3. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike as far north as he could go.
(b) To write a book like Thoreau.
(c) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(d) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) A rifle that had been buried.
(b) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(c) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(d) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
5. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
(a) They are exemplary.
(b) Except for a bit of bad luck, Chris was right to do what he did.
(c) More young people should do what chris did.
(d) They are understandable but not justifiable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two decades later, what has Krakauer learned about his relationship with his father?
2. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
3. How does Krakauer answer Chris's critics?
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
5. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)