|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(b) Back at the Westenberg's house.
(c) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) On the coast in Oregon.
2. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
(a) Call of the Wild and Around the World in Eighty Days.
(b) Look Homeward Angel and Lassie Come Home.
(c) Great Expectations and Gone With the Wind.
(d) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Moby Dick.
3. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
5. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
(a) She had a dibilitating auto accident.
(b) She was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) She had a vivid dream of Chris calling her for help.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
2. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
3. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
4. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
5. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)