|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A pair of moccasins.
(b) A wallet to give to Franz.
(c) A new leather backpack.
(d) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) He intended to return and pay for it.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
3. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(b) If his truck would make the trip and back.
(c) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
(d) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(d) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
5. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
(a) Like Chris, McCunn ruined his camera in the Alaskan wilderness.
(b) Both Chris and McCunn were gainfully employed when they went on their fatal trips.
(c) Both of them were serious dropouts from society.
(d) McCunn died in the Alaskan wilderness because of an oversight just as Chris did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
2. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
3. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
4. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
5. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)