|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A wealthy uncle.
(b) A former employer.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
(a) He had lost a great deal of weight and looked ill.
(b) He said he was sure this trip would tire him out completely.
(c) He talked about returning to take care of Ron Franz.
(d) Before leaving, Alex promised Westerberg he would return in time for the fall harvest.
3. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As a father figure.
(b) As a lunatic.
(c) As uneducated.
(d) As being benevolent.
4. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(b) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(c) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(d) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
5. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(b) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(c) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(d) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
2. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
3. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
4. At the time of publication of the notice of Chris's death, what problem did the police have?
5. How is Carine different from Chris?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)