|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
(a) She had a vivid dream of Chris calling her for help.
(b) She had a dibilitating auto accident.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was diagnosed with cancer.
2. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
(a) Native Americans and Russians.
(b) Hikers and rafters.
(c) Photographers and painters.
(d) Vagabonds and drifters.
3. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He started going back to church.
(b) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(c) He became an alcoholic.
(d) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
4. What did Krakauer do similar to what Chris did when he needed to go to the village of Petersberg?
(a) He abandoned his car.
(b) He burned his money.
(c) He sent postcards to friends.
(d) He bought a big bag of rice.
5. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
(a) To see if he is any different now as a mature man.
(b) To show his affinity with Chris.
(c) To show how he was so much better than Chris.
(d) To prove that he had no right to write about Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
2. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
5. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)