|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(b) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
(c) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(d) If his truck would make the trip and back.
2. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He applied to go to West Point.
(b) He campaigned for LBJ.
(c) He ran for President of the United States.
(d) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
3. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
(a) To give the reader an idea that Chris might change his mind.
(b) Just for conversation with Wayne Westerberg.
(c) To make Chris seem thoughtless and cold.
(d) To contrast them with the adoptive Westerberg family.
4. What does Ruess's biographer, Ken Sleight, believe happened to Ruess?
(a) Falling from a cliff.
(b) A robbery and murder.
(c) Accidental drowning.
(d) Ruess changed his name and disappeared.
5. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
(a) To see if he is any different now as a mature man.
(b) To prove that he had no right to write about Chris.
(c) To show how he was so much better than Chris.
(d) To show his affinity with Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
2. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
3. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
5. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)