|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
(a) He commited suicide and left no note.
(b) He traveled around the world backpacking.
(c) He settled down in a small town and raised a family.
(d) He went on the lecture tour.
2. What did Chris do the summer after his sophomore year in college?
(a) He spent the entire summer with his sister, Carine.
(b) He returned to Annandale and wrote a flawless software program.
(c) He took a cross country hike.
(d) He worked in a garage to make money to buy his Datsun.
3. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
(a) The other drifters believed he was an undercover cop.
(b) He got into an argument with Jan Burres.
(c) Tracy, a 17-year-old girl developed a huge crush on him.
(d) He could produce no identification when the border patrol came to the camp.
4. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
(a) She had a dibilitating auto accident.
(b) She was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She had a vivid dream of Chris calling her for help.
5. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
(a) All of Chris's track trophies lined up on the mantle.
(b) A photo memorial to Chris on the dining room table.
(c) Clippings of newspaper articles and magazine stories about Chris.
(d) No photos of Chris in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
2. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
3. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
4. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
5. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)