|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(b) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(c) To justify his own youth.
(d) To sell it to the movies.
2. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to his sister.
(b) He gave it to UNICEF.
(c) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(d) He donated it to OXFAM.
3. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
(a) That he knew what he was doing was unfair to his parents.
(b) That he had expressed a desire to marry and have a family some day.
(c) That he would eventually end up in a monastery in Tibet.
(d) That he secretly had a sexual fantasy about his sister.
4. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(b) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(c) People in a small village.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
5. What similarity is there between Jon's relationship with his father and Chris's relationship with Walt?
(a) Secrets were revealed and both young men resented the hypocracy.
(b) Both fathers turned out to be bigamists.
(c) Both fathers were weak willed and seldom gave their children advice.
(d) Both fathers were old and out of touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
2. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
3. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
4. Two decades later, what has Krakauer learned about his relationship with his father?
5. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)