|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
2. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) The papar.
(b) The highlanders.
(c) The Celtic travelers.
(d) St Patrick monks.
3. Two decades later, what has Krakauer learned about his relationship with his father?
(a) Krakauer learned that he had been right to defy his father.
(b) Krakauer learned that he had improved himself by not becoming like his father.
(c) Krakauer learned that his father was always shallow and always would be.
(d) Krakauer realizes he was selfish, stubborn, and as difficult for his father to deal with as his father's behavior had been for him.
4. Why does Krakauer devote Chapter 9 to the story of Everett Ruess?
(a) Krakauer wants to demonstrate mental illness in Ruess.
(b) Krakauer sees great similarities between Ruess and Chris.
(c) Karkauer wants to expand the scope of his thesis.
(d) Krakauer wants to show how different Ruess is from Chris.
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
3. What is The Slabs?
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
5. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)