|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Where no one had ever gone before.
(b) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
(c) Southwestward into Canada.
(d) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
2. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(b) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(c) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
(d) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
3. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(b) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
4. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His sister.
(c) Jan Buress.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
2. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
4. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
5. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)