|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to commit suicide.
(b) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(c) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
(d) He planed to go live in Mexico.
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(c) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
3. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His bad attitude.
(b) His poor hygiene.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His being a loner.
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(b) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
5. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
(a) He had lost a great deal of weight and looked ill.
(b) He said he was sure this trip would tire him out completely.
(c) Before leaving, Alex promised Westerberg he would return in time for the fall harvest.
(d) He talked about returning to take care of Ron Franz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
3. Why does Krakauer devote Chapter 9 to the story of Everett Ruess?
4. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
5. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)