|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They usually gave up after three days.
(b) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(c) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(d) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
2. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
(a) That he was tired of being on the run all the time.
(b) That he would surprise them all and come home.
(c) That he would see her by Christmas time.
(d) That he planned to lull his parents into a false sense of security then cut them out of his life abruptly and decisively.
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(b) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(c) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(d) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
4. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
(a) A drifter named Jan Buress.
(b) The captain of a tuna fishing boat.
(c) A policeman offered him a jail cell.
(d) A kind woman named Kai Sandburn.
5. What does Carine recall that Chris loved so much?
(a) The Gianni guitar.
(b) His yellow Datsun.
(c) Her dog, Buck.
(d) Reading Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
2. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
3. Who does Krakauer mention who had done something similar to what Chris did and survived?
4. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
5. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)