|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They hired a private investigator.
(b) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(c) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(d) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
2. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
(a) That he knew what he was doing was unfair to his parents.
(b) That he would eventually end up in a monastery in Tibet.
(c) That he secretly had a sexual fantasy about his sister.
(d) That he had expressed a desire to marry and have a family some day.
3. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Having a relationship with a girl.
(b) Cooking for himself.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Managing money.
4. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
(a) He borrowed money that he knew he could never repay.
(b) He now wanted to collect all the money he could to outfit himself for Alaska.
(c) He refused to let Jan drive him to pick up his last check at McDonald's.
(d) He refused to take money for the work he did, but accepted goods that probably cost as much.
5. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
(a) Seven weeks after Chris's body was recovered.
(b) On what would have been Chris's birthday.
(c) A year after Chris died.
(d) Never. He would not speak with Krakauer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
2. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
3. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
5. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)