|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Davis Gulch?
(a) A valley that has only one way in and out.
(b) A watery oasis in the midst of southern Utah.
(c) An extension of the Grand Canyon.
(d) A cattle passage through western Utah.
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In the Westerberg home.
(b) In a cheap boarding house.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) In a tack room.
3. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) She had a dibilitating auto accident.
(d) She had a vivid dream of Chris calling her for help.
4. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
5. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
(a) Vagabonds and drifters.
(b) Photographers and painters.
(c) Native Americans and Russians.
(d) Hikers and rafters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
2. How did the police know Chris's real last name?
3. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
5. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)