|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Carine different from Chris?
(a) She is interested in helping the homeless.
(b) She always returns home when she disappears.
(c) She made peace with their parents.
(d) She is a good cook.
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In the Westerberg home.
(b) In a cheap boarding house.
(c) In a tack room.
(d) At the YMCA.
3. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
(a) Drove to Maryland to inform Chris's parents.
(b) Contacted Gillien to get more information.
(c) Told his wife that he always knew Chris would end that way.
(d) Flew to Alaska to claim the body.
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(b) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(c) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
(d) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
5. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
(a) Except for a bit of bad luck, Chris was right to do what he did.
(b) They are exemplary.
(c) More young people should do what chris did.
(d) They are understandable but not justifiable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
2. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
3. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
4. What ambitions did Jon Krakauer's father have for all of his children?
5. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)