|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Gallien provide the police?
(a) That Alex had mentioned a friend named Ron in California.
(b) That Alex's real name was Chris McCandless.
(c) That Alex was coughing bad when he dropped him off.
(d) That the young man had called himself Alex and had come from South Dakota.
2. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A quotation.
(d) A skull and cross bones.
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
(a) Old Faithful.
(b) Mt. St. Helens.
(c) Mt. Rushmore.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(b) They were too large for his feet.
(c) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(d) They were designed for mountain climbing.
5. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) New York City.
(c) Berkley, California.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
2. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
3. How is Carine different from Chris?
4. Where did Chris intend to hike?
5. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)