|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a semester at UCLA and a winter in San Francisco, what did Ruess do?
(a) Spent the rest of his days backpacking and sleeping on the ground.
(b) Keeping a journal that was published after his death.
(c) Looking for someone to join his nature walks.
(d) Studying photography.
2. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
(a) Thinking about how they found Chris's body.
(b) Learning that he starved to death.
(c) Thinking more about the homeless.
(d) Not being able to eat rice.
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A pair of rubber boots.
(b) A job on his combine crew.
(c) A meal and a room for the night.
(d) A ride to Alaska.
4. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Acting as a security gurad.
(b) Digging ditches.
(c) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(d) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
5. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(b) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(c) When it had no more blank pages.
(d) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
2. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
3. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
4. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
5. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)