|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Start teaching young people.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Clean up and get a good job.
(d) Write a book about his travels.
2. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Give him a trip to Europe.
(b) Bring him into the family business.
(c) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
(d) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
3. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
(a) Ruess seemed to be on good relations with his family unlike Chris.
(b) They both were alienated from their families.
(c) Like Chris, Ruess felt his family supported his travels.
(d) Ruess and Chris both missed their families as they traveled.
4. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) A waitress at the small cafe.
(b) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(c) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(d) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
5. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) St Patrick monks.
(b) The papar.
(c) The highlanders.
(d) The Celtic travelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
2. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
3. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
4. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
5. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)