|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(b) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(c) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(d) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
2. What information does Gallien provide the police?
(a) That Alex's real name was Chris McCandless.
(b) That the young man had called himself Alex and had come from South Dakota.
(c) That Alex was coughing bad when he dropped him off.
(d) That Alex had mentioned a friend named Ron in California.
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) He promised he would not do that.
(b) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
(c) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(d) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
4. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) On the coast in Oregon.
(b) Back at the Westenberg's house.
(c) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(d) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
5. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
(a) A photo memorial to Chris on the dining room table.
(b) No photos of Chris in the house.
(c) All of Chris's track trophies lined up on the mantle.
(d) Clippings of newspaper articles and magazine stories about Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
2. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
3. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
4. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
5. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)