|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(b) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(c) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
(d) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He donated it to OXFAM.
(b) He gave it to his sister.
(c) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(d) He gave it to UNICEF.
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(b) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
5. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(b) Joshua Tree National Park.
(c) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(d) Palm Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
2. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
3. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
4. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
5. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)