|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(d) They hired a private investigator.
2. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(b) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(c) He planed to commit suicide.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
3. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Read Franz's books.
(b) Work out in Franz's garage.
(c) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
(d) Clean house for Franz.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) Jan Burres called them.
(c) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(d) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
5. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His being a loner.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His poor hygiene.
(d) His bad attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
2. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
3. After Chris left home, why didnn't Carine get upset when he won't tell her where he was?
4. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)