|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
(a) He did not take defeat well.
(b) He wanted other people to win.
(c) He was not interested in competition.
(d) He was lazy about training.
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In the Westerberg home.
(b) In a cheap boarding house.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) In a tack room.
3. Chris's parents had moved, but his step brother was contacted. After he positively identified Chris, what did he do?
(a) Contacted Gillien to get more information.
(b) Drove to Maryland to inform Chris's parents.
(c) Told his wife that he always knew Chris would end that way.
(d) Flew to Alaska to claim the body.
4. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(b) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(c) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(d) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
5. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
(a) Chris was a carbon copy of his father when he was that age.
(b) Walt had always been kind and generous but Chris had always been aloof.
(c) Krakauer describes Chris and Walt McCandless as being very similar, both stubborn and temperamental individuals.
(d) Walt and Chris believe in the same socialistic things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris and Ruess each do shortly before their deaths?
2. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
3. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
4. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
5. What did Westerberg give Chris?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)