|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carine recall that Chris loved so much?
(a) His yellow Datsun.
(b) Her dog, Buck.
(c) The Gianni guitar.
(d) Reading Moby Dick.
2. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
(b) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(c) He started going back to church.
(d) He became an alcoholic.
3. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(b) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
(c) A yearly trip to Texas.
(d) A beach house in Cape Cod.
4. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(d) About moose and carribu.
5. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
(a) Chris had no illusion that someone would come to save him.
(b) He had decided this would be his last adventure.
(c) He wrote lucidly in his journal.
(d) He had studied up on edible plants in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
4. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
5. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)