|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(b) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(c) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
(d) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
2. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
(a) He did not take defeat well.
(b) He was lazy about training.
(c) He wanted other people to win.
(d) He was not interested in competition.
3. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(b) He intended to return and pay for it.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
4. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
(a) As not very different from many idealistic, if short-sighted, young people.
(b) As mentally unbalanced.
(c) As a true hero others should look up to.
(d) As a classic example of a true Robinson Crusoe.
5. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(b) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(c) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(d) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
2. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
3. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
4. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
5. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)