|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(b) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(c) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(d) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
2. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Write a book about his travels.
(c) Start teaching young people.
(d) Clean up and get a good job.
3. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His sister.
(b) Jan Buress.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
4. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
(a) He had Chris's Social Security number on file.
(b) He told them Chris graduated from Emory University.
(c) He had a photo of Chris's yellow Datsun with the license plate showing.
(d) He had Chris's fingerprints on file.
5. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(b) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(c) They were too large for his feet.
(d) They were designed for mountain climbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
2. What does Carine recall that Chris loved so much?
3. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
4. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
5. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)