|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
(a) His ambivalence to his family and his hatred of the people he met.
(b) His coldness toward his parents and his warmth with people he met in his travels.
(c) His hurtfulness toward his family and his refusal to help anyone else.
(d) His love for his family but his inability to show it.
2. What information does Gallien provide the police?
(a) That Alex was coughing bad when he dropped him off.
(b) That Alex had mentioned a friend named Ron in California.
(c) That Alex's real name was Chris McCandless.
(d) That the young man had called himself Alex and had come from South Dakota.
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(b) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
4. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(b) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(c) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(d) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
5. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Start teaching young people.
(b) Write a book about his travels.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Clean up and get a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
2. After a semester at UCLA and a winter in San Francisco, what did Ruess do?
3. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
5. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)