|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
(a) Look Homeward Angel and Lassie Come Home.
(b) Great Expectations and Gone With the Wind.
(c) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Moby Dick.
(d) Call of the Wild and Around the World in Eighty Days.
2. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) If his truck would make the trip and back.
(b) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(c) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(d) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
3. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A battered canoe.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A plastic bag of groceries.
(d) A rifle.
4. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(b) To hike as far north as he could go.
(c) To write a book like Thoreau.
(d) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
5. How was Westerberg able to help the police?
(a) He told them Chris graduated from Emory University.
(b) He had Chris's fingerprints on file.
(c) He had a photo of Chris's yellow Datsun with the license plate showing.
(d) He had Chris's Social Security number on file.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Davis Gulch?
2. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
3. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
4. What is The Slabs?
5. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)