|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(b) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(c) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(d) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
2. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
(a) That he seldom told the truth.
(b) That he had an admirable spirit of adventure.
(c) That he lacked common sense.
(d) That he was an expert mechanic.
3. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had taken someone with him.
(d) If he had brought along some brandy.
4. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
(a) Krakauer gives examples to leave the reader confused about Chris.
(b) Krakauer points out that there have historically been examples of sick isolationists.
(c) Krakauer gradually and artfully transforms the reader's view of Chris from mentally ill isolationist to knowledgeable spiritual seeker.
(d) Krakauer skillfully shows that there has never been someone like Chris McCandless.
5. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
(b) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(c) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
(d) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
2. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)