|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
(a) A publishing company.
(b) An auto repair business.
(c) An electronics shop.
(d) A daycare for the elderly.
2. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(b) If his truck would make the trip and back.
(c) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
(d) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
3. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
(a) Walt had always been kind and generous but Chris had always been aloof.
(b) Krakauer describes Chris and Walt McCandless as being very similar, both stubborn and temperamental individuals.
(c) Walt and Chris believe in the same socialistic things.
(d) Chris was a carbon copy of his father when he was that age.
4. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(b) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(c) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(d) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
5. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
(a) He traveled around the world backpacking.
(b) He went on the lecture tour.
(c) He commited suicide and left no note.
(d) He settled down in a small town and raised a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
2. What is The Slabs?
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
4. How is Carine different from Chris?
5. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)