|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A pair of rubber boots.
(b) A job on his combine crew.
(c) A ride to Alaska.
(d) A meal and a room for the night.
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
(b) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
(c) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(d) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(b) Digging ditches.
(c) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(d) Acting as a security gurad.
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He liked the initials AB.
(b) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
(c) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(d) He realized he needed a second name.
5. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(b) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(c) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(d) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
2. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
3. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
5. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)