|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A former employer.
(b) A wealthy uncle.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(b) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(c) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(d) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
3. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(b) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
4. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He donated it to OXFAM.
(b) He gave it to his sister.
(c) He gave it to UNICEF.
(d) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
5. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
(a) That he would surprise them all and come home.
(b) That he planned to lull his parents into a false sense of security then cut them out of his life abruptly and decisively.
(c) That he was tired of being on the run all the time.
(d) That he would see her by Christmas time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
2. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
3. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
4. How does Chapter 1 begin?
5. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)