|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Bill Cody.
(b) As a botonist.
(c) As Wayne Westerberg.
(d) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
2. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(b) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(c) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(d) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Acting as a security gurad.
(b) Digging ditches.
(c) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(d) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
4. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) A wealthy uncle.
(d) A former employer.
5. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(b) Southwestward into Canada.
(c) Where no one had ever gone before.
(d) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
4. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
5. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)