|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(b) A pair of moccasins.
(c) A new leather backpack.
(d) A wallet to give to Franz.
2. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
(b) He ran for President of the United States.
(c) He campaigned for LBJ.
(d) He applied to go to West Point.
3. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His poor hygiene.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) His being a loner.
(d) His long hair.
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(c) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(d) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
5. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(b) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(c) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(d) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
3. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
4. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
5. How does Krakauer answer Chris's critics?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)