|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Keeping the body frozen.
(b) Identifying him.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
2. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
(a) That he had an admirable spirit of adventure.
(b) That he was an expert mechanic.
(c) That he lacked common sense.
(d) That he seldom told the truth.
3. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Start teaching young people.
(b) Write a book about his travels.
(c) Clean up and get a good job.
(d) Get an education.
4. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
(a) He now wanted to collect all the money he could to outfit himself for Alaska.
(b) He borrowed money that he knew he could never repay.
(c) He refused to take money for the work he did, but accepted goods that probably cost as much.
(d) He refused to let Jan drive him to pick up his last check at McDonald's.
5. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
(a) The loneliness of Henry David Thoreau.
(b) The adventures of Edmund Scott.
(c) The life of John Mallon Waterman.
(d) The troubles of Carl Jennings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
2. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
4. What did Gail believe about Chris's past life?
5. How does Krakauer answer Chris's critics?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)