|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gail believe about Chris's past life?
(a) That he was extremely immature and was only being rebellious.
(b) That his real problem was something that happened between him and his father.
(c) That he had imagined all his problems with his family.
(d) That he was terribly deprived and abused.
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That visitors were welcome.
(b) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(c) That he was near death.
(d) That he would return in an hour.
3. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(b) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(c) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(d) It was difficult to carry.
4. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
(a) Franz drove him there.
(b) He had enough money for a bus ticket.
(c) He hitchhiked.
(d) He rode on a vegetable truck he helped load up.
5. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(b) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) He intended to return and pay for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
2. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
3. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)