|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike as far north as he could go.
(b) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(c) To write a book like Thoreau.
(d) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
2. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(b) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(c) When it had no more blank pages.
(d) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
3. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(b) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(c) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(d) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
4. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(b) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(c) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(d) A raised fist.
5. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A plastic bag of groceries.
(b) A battered canoe.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
3. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
5. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)