|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Clean up and get a good job.
(b) Write a book about his travels.
(c) Start teaching young people.
(d) Get an education.
2. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About moose and carribu.
(d) About the length of winters in Alaska.
3. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) If his truck would make the trip and back.
(b) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(c) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(d) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
4. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(b) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(c) If he had brought along some brandy.
(d) If he had taken someone with him.
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(c) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(d) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 begin?
2. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
3. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
4. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
5. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)