|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
(a) A pool with a waterfall.
(b) A hippie commune of sorts, which had sprung up around some natural hot springs.
(c) A tourist inn and spa.
(d) A ranger station.
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(b) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(c) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(d) It was much larger than he anticipated.
3. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He started going back to church.
(b) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(c) He became an alcoholic.
(d) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
4. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Clean up and get a good job.
(c) Write a book about his travels.
(d) Start teaching young people.
5. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(b) He intended to return and pay for it.
(c) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
2. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
3. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)