|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(b) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(c) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(d) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
2. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A battered canoe.
(d) A plastic bag of groceries.
3. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(b) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(c) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
(d) A waitress at the small cafe.
4. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
(a) Their mobile home broke down.
(b) He arrived at their door before they could leave.
(c) Information that they were wanted by the police.
(d) A series of freak desert storms.
5. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
2. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
3. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
4. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
5. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)