|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Southwestward into Canada.
(b) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(c) Where no one had ever gone before.
(d) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
2. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had brought along some brandy.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had taken someone with him.
(d) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
3. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Identifying him.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
4. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) He promised he would not do that.
(b) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
(c) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(d) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
5. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(b) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(c) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(d) He headed north to Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
2. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
3. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
4. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
5. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)