|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Cooking for himself.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Having a relationship with a girl.
(d) Living off the land.
2. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His sister, Carine.
(b) His cousin, Jason.
(c) His gramdmother.
(d) His uncle, Milton.
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Berkley, California.
4. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A raised fist.
(b) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(c) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(d) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
5. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to his sister.
(b) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(c) He donated it to OXFAM.
(d) He gave it to UNICEF.
Short Answer Questions
1. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
3. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
4. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
5. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)