|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A wealthy uncle.
(c) A former employer.
(d) A friend of the family.
2. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
(a) That Chris had never lived there.
(b) That there was no such address.
(c) That the building had been torn down.
(d) That he had moved out three months before.
3. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(b) That he was near death.
(c) That he would return in an hour.
(d) That visitors were welcome.
4. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Cooking for himself.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Having a relationship with a girl.
(d) Living off the land.
5. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A raised fist.
(b) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(c) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(d) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
3. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
4. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
5. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)