|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Managing money.
(b) Having a relationship with a girl.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Cooking for himself.
2. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
(a) As a true hero others should look up to.
(b) As not very different from many idealistic, if short-sighted, young people.
(c) As a classic example of a true Robinson Crusoe.
(d) As mentally unbalanced.
3. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He applied to go to West Point.
(b) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
(c) He ran for President of the United States.
(d) He campaigned for LBJ.
4. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That he was near death.
(c) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(d) That visitors were welcome.
5. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
(a) That he seldom told the truth.
(b) That he lacked common sense.
(c) That he was an expert mechanic.
(d) That he had an admirable spirit of adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
2. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
3. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
4. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
5. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)