|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(b) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(c) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(d) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
2. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
(a) Both of them graduated from Emory University.
(b) Both of them drove Yellow Datsons.
(c) Both of them were classical musicians.
(d) Both of them had issues with their family life.
3. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(b) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(c) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(d) When it had no more blank pages.
4. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A wallet to give to Franz.
(b) A new leather backpack.
(c) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(d) A pair of moccasins.
5. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Managing money.
(b) Living off the land.
(c) Cooking for himself.
(d) Having a relationship with a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Krakauer's descriptions of Walt McCandless and that of his rebellious son, Chris?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
3. How does Chapter 1 begin?
4. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
5. What indicates that Chris intended his Alaska trip to be his final great adventure?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)