|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His gramdmother.
(b) His uncle, Milton.
(c) His sister, Carine.
(d) His cousin, Jason.
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Sixteen weeks.
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A pair of rubber boots.
(b) A meal and a room for the night.
(c) A job on his combine crew.
(d) A ride to Alaska.
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(b) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(c) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(d) Adventures of several other young men.
5. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He became an alcoholic.
(b) He started going back to church.
(c) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(d) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
2. What food was Chris extremely fond of?
3. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
4. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
5. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)