|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(b) When it had no more blank pages.
(c) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(d) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
2. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To justify his own youth.
(c) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(d) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
3. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(b) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(c) It was difficult to carry.
(d) It was badly in need of cleaning.
4. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Acting as a security gurad.
(b) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(c) Digging ditches.
(d) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
5. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(b) Jan Burres called them.
(c) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(d) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
4. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
5. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)