|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(b) Jan Burres called them.
(c) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(d) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
2. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
(a) That he planned to lull his parents into a false sense of security then cut them out of his life abruptly and decisively.
(b) That he was tired of being on the run all the time.
(c) That he would see her by Christmas time.
(d) That he would surprise them all and come home.
3. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(b) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(c) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(d) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
4. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A former employer.
(c) A wealthy uncle.
(d) A friend of the family.
5. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
(a) Both of them were classical musicians.
(b) Both of them had issues with their family life.
(c) Both of them drove Yellow Datsons.
(d) Both of them graduated from Emory University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
2. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
3. What food was Chris extremely fond of?
4. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
5. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)