|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(b) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(c) About moose and carribu.
(d) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
2. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Clean house for Franz.
(b) Read Franz's books.
(c) Work out in Franz's garage.
(d) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
3. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
4. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
(b) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
(c) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(d) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
5. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(b) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(c) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(d) The bus was a burned out shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
2. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
3. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
5. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)