|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(b) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(c) They were too large for his feet.
(d) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
3. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(b) They usually gave up after three days.
(c) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(d) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
4. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(b) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(b) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(c) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(d) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
2. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
3. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
5. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)