|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(b) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
(c) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(d) A waitress at the small cafe.
2. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
(a) His ideals were defined by his own sense of injustice in the world.
(b) He valued chastity and moral purity as defined by Tolstoy and Thoreau.
(c) They were defined by the works of Phillip Roth and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) They were defined by the poetry of E.E. cummings.
3. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
(a) That he would see her by Christmas time.
(b) That he was tired of being on the run all the time.
(c) That he would surprise them all and come home.
(d) That he planned to lull his parents into a false sense of security then cut them out of his life abruptly and decisively.
4. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to UNICEF.
(b) He donated it to OXFAM.
(c) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(d) He gave it to his sister.
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(b) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(c) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(d) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
2. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
4. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
5. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)