|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had brought along some brandy.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had taken someone with him.
(d) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
2. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
3. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(b) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(c) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(d) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
4. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(d) He intended to return and pay for it.
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(b) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(c) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(d) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
4. What did Westerberg give Chris?
5. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)