|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(b) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(c) He planed to commit suicide.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
3. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(c) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(d) To justify his own youth.
4. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(b) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(c) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(d) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
5. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(b) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
4. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)