|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(b) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(b) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
(c) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(d) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
3. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(b) Adventures of several other young men.
(c) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(d) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
4. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Work out in Franz's garage.
(b) Clean house for Franz.
(c) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
(d) Read Franz's books.
5. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
(a) That he had the spirit of Daniel Boone.
(b) That he was a foolish boy who threw away his life.
(c) That he was accident prone.
(d) That he was murdered in Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
3. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
4. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)