|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Berkley, California.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Digging ditches.
(b) Acting as a security gurad.
(c) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(d) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
3. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(b) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(c) They were too large for his feet.
(d) They were designed for mountain climbing.
4. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Work out in Franz's garage.
(b) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
(c) Clean house for Franz.
(d) Read Franz's books.
5. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A skull and cross bones.
(c) A quotation.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
4. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)