|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were too large for his feet.
(b) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(c) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(d) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
2. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
(a) Tracy, a 17-year-old girl developed a huge crush on him.
(b) He could produce no identification when the border patrol came to the camp.
(c) He got into an argument with Jan Burres.
(d) The other drifters believed he was an undercover cop.
3. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(b) It was difficult to carry.
(c) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(d) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
4. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Almost a year.
5. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(b) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(c) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(d) He intended to return and pay for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
2. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
3. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
4. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
5. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)