|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In a cheap boarding house.
(b) At the YMCA.
(c) In the Westerberg home.
(d) In a tack room.
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) The Cherry Orchard.
(b) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(c) Family Happiness.
(d) War and Peace.
3. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He started going back to church.
(b) He became an alcoholic.
(c) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
(d) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
(b) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(c) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
(d) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
5. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
(a) He hitchhiked.
(b) He had enough money for a bus ticket.
(c) Franz drove him there.
(d) He rode on a vegetable truck he helped load up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
3. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
4. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
5. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)