|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Identifying him.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
2. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(b) Where no one had ever gone before.
(c) Southwestward into Canada.
(d) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
3. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
(b) Read Franz's books.
(c) Clean house for Franz.
(d) Work out in Franz's garage.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(c) Jan Burres called them.
(d) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(b) They hired a private investigator.
(c) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(d) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
3. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
4. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
5. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)