|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(b) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
(c) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(d) If his truck would make the trip and back.
2. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(b) If he had taken someone with him.
(c) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(d) If he had brought along some brandy.
3. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(b) He liked the initials AB.
(c) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
(d) He realized he needed a second name.
4. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The University of Virginia.
(d) Yale University.
5. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Start teaching young people.
(b) Clean up and get a good job.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Write a book about his travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
2. Where did Chris intend to hike?
3. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
4. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
5. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)