|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(b) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(c) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(d) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
2. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A new leather backpack.
(b) A wallet to give to Franz.
(c) A pair of moccasins.
(d) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
3. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
(a) To tell Franz that he was in the hospital.
(b) To come pick him up.
(c) To see if he had gotten any mail.
(d) To ask him to send money.
4. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
5. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(b) He started going back to church.
(c) He became an alcoholic.
(d) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
2. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
3. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
5. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)