|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Slabs?
(a) A flat, rocky area in the Arizona desert.
(b) An old U. S. Calvary outpost.
(c) A settlement of people who erect their tents on concrete slabs.
(d) An abandoned military base where drifters come during the winter.
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
(b) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(c) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(d) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
3. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(c) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(d) They usually gave up after three days.
4. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(b) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
(c) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(d) If his truck would make the trip and back.
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
2. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
5. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)