|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
(b) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(c) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
(d) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
2. What is The Slabs?
(a) A flat, rocky area in the Arizona desert.
(b) An old U. S. Calvary outpost.
(c) An abandoned military base where drifters come during the winter.
(d) A settlement of people who erect their tents on concrete slabs.
3. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(b) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(c) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(d) When it had no more blank pages.
4. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(b) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(c) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(d) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
5. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
(a) He began a backpack trip that he hoped would eventually take him around the world.
(b) He gave away his entire savings to charity, abandoned his possessions, and became a drifter and wilderness explorer.
(c) He shot his father and spent the next three years on the run from the police.
(d) He gave his car to his sister and took a bicycle to New York where he went to work on a merchant ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
3. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
4. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
5. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)