|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(b) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(c) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
(d) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Six months.
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(b) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(c) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(d) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
4. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
(a) To catch a train to Alaska.
(b) To get a suntan at the beach before heading North.
(c) To catch a steamer going up the coast to Alaska.
(d) To find work for money for his Alaskan trip.
5. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) His sister.
(d) Jan Buress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
2. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)