|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(b) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(c) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(d) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
2. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A new leather backpack.
(b) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(c) A pair of moccasins.
(d) A wallet to give to Franz.
3. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(b) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(c) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(d) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
4. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
5. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He headed north to Alaska.
(b) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(c) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(d) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
2. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
3. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
5. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)