|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To justify his own youth.
(b) To sell it to the movies.
(c) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(d) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
2. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Start teaching young people.
(c) Clean up and get a good job.
(d) Write a book about his travels.
3. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He intended to return and pay for it.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
4. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(b) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(c) He headed north to Alaska.
(d) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(b) Punctured lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
2. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
4. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
5. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)