|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(b) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) To hike as far north as he could go.
(d) To write a book like Thoreau.
2. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(b) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
(c) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
(d) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
3. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
(a) He got into an argument with Jan Burres.
(b) He could produce no identification when the border patrol came to the camp.
(c) The other drifters believed he was an undercover cop.
(d) Tracy, a 17-year-old girl developed a huge crush on him.
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(b) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(c) It was difficult to carry.
(d) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
5. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A raised fist.
(b) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(c) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(d) A serpent head baring its fangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
2. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
3. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
5. What is The Slabs?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)