|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Adventures of several other young men.
(b) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(c) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(d) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
2. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He became an alcoholic.
(b) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(c) He started going back to church.
(d) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
3. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had brought along some brandy.
(b) If he had taken someone with him.
(c) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(d) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
4. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to commit suicide.
(b) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(c) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(d) A rifle that had been buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
3. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
4. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
5. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)