|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
(b) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(c) Where no one had ever gone before.
(d) Southwestward into Canada.
2. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) On the Colorado River.
3. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(b) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(c) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(d) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
4. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) Jan Buress.
(b) His sister.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(b) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(c) They hired a private investigator.
(d) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
2. What is The Slabs?
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
4. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
5. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)