|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Read Franz's books.
(b) Clean house for Franz.
(c) Work out in Franz's garage.
(d) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
2. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(b) They usually gave up after three days.
(c) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(d) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(b) Acting as a security gurad.
(c) Digging ditches.
(d) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
4. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
(b) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
(c) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(d) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
5. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(b) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
(c) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
(d) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
2. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
5. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)