|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Sixteen weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
(a) When his camera was ruined and he buried it outside of Vegas.
(b) When he decided that no one would ever read it.
(c) When it accidentally fell into his campfire one night.
(d) When it had no more blank pages.
3. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(c) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(d) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
4. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That visitors were welcome.
(b) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(c) That he would return in an hour.
(d) That he was near death.
5. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(b) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
(c) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(d) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
2. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
3. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
4. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
5. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)