|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(c) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(d) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
2. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
(a) To ask him to send money.
(b) To come pick him up.
(c) To see if he had gotten any mail.
(d) To tell Franz that he was in the hospital.
3. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to commit suicide.
(b) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(c) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
(d) He planed to go live in Mexico.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(b) Jan Burres called them.
(c) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(d) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
5. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(b) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(c) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(d) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
2. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
3. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
5. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)