|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A quotation.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A skull and cross bones.
2. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(b) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(c) Digging ditches.
(d) Acting as a security gurad.
3. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
(a) To find work for money for his Alaskan trip.
(b) To catch a steamer going up the coast to Alaska.
(c) To catch a train to Alaska.
(d) To get a suntan at the beach before heading North.
4. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) The Cherry Orchard.
(b) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(c) Family Happiness.
(d) War and Peace.
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(b) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(c) They hired a private investigator.
(d) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
2. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
3. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
5. What did Westerberg give Chris?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)