|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About moose and carribu.
(b) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(c) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(d) About the length of winters in Alaska.
2. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) Jan Burres called them.
(b) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(c) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(d) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A pair of rubber boots.
(b) A meal and a room for the night.
(c) A job on his combine crew.
(d) A ride to Alaska.
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(b) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(c) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(d) Adventures of several other young men.
5. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(b) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(c) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
(d) A waitress at the small cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
2. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
4. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
5. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)