|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) On the coast in Oregon.
(c) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(d) Back at the Westenberg's house.
2. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
(b) At his house in Carthage.
(c) In the Daily News in Carthage.
(d) In the Caberet in Carthage.
3. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A quotation.
(c) A skull and cross bones.
(d) A drawing.
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
(b) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
(c) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(d) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
5. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Where no one had ever gone before.
(b) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
(c) Southwestward into Canada.
(d) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
2. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
3. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
4. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
5. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)