|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
(a) To provide a bit of humor against the tension of the story.
(b) To explain the existence of the bus where Chris stayed.
(c) To put a note of optimism into the story which sustains the suspense.
(d) To show the difficulties even well-equipped people have in this wilderness.
2. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A ride to Alaska.
(b) A meal and a room for the night.
(c) A pair of rubber boots.
(d) A job on his combine crew.
3. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In a cheap boarding house.
(b) In a tack room.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) In the Westerberg home.
4. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A plastic bag of groceries.
(d) A battered canoe.
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(b) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
2. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
3. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
4. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)