|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to his sister.
(b) He gave it to UNICEF.
(c) He donated it to OXFAM.
(d) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
2. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
(a) To catch a train to Alaska.
(b) To catch a steamer going up the coast to Alaska.
(c) To find work for money for his Alaskan trip.
(d) To get a suntan at the beach before heading North.
3. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
(a) To make Chris seem thoughtless and cold.
(b) To contrast them with the adoptive Westerberg family.
(c) Just for conversation with Wayne Westerberg.
(d) To give the reader an idea that Chris might change his mind.
4. What is The Slabs?
(a) A flat, rocky area in the Arizona desert.
(b) A settlement of people who erect their tents on concrete slabs.
(c) An abandoned military base where drifters come during the winter.
(d) An old U. S. Calvary outpost.
5. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
(a) He refused to let Jan drive him to pick up his last check at McDonald's.
(b) He borrowed money that he knew he could never repay.
(c) He now wanted to collect all the money he could to outfit himself for Alaska.
(d) He refused to take money for the work he did, but accepted goods that probably cost as much.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
3. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
5. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)