|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) A rifle that had been buried.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(d) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
2. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(c) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(d) Jan Burres called them.
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(b) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
4. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(b) To hike as far north as he could go.
(c) To write a book like Thoreau.
(d) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(b) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(c) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(d) It was difficult to carry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
3. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
5. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)