|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(b) To sell it to the movies.
(c) To justify his own youth.
(d) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
2. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(b) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(c) People in a small village.
(d) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(b) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(c) He retraced his way back upstream.
(d) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
5. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A plastic bag of groceries.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A battered canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
2. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
3. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
4. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)