|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus was a burned out shell.
(b) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(c) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(d) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
3. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(b) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
(c) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(d) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(c) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(d) They usually gave up after three days.
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(b) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(d) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
3. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
4. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)