|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to UNICEF.
(b) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(c) He donated it to OXFAM.
(d) He gave it to his sister.
2. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) In the Caberet in Carthage.
(b) In the Daily News in Carthage.
(c) At his house in Carthage.
(d) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
3. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(b) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(c) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(d) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
4. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About moose and carribu.
(d) About the length of winters in Alaska.
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(b) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(d) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
2. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
3. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)