|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(c) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(d) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
2. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
(b) In the Daily News in Carthage.
(c) In the Caberet in Carthage.
(d) At his house in Carthage.
3. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(c) They usually gave up after three days.
(d) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(b) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
5. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(b) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(c) He headed north to Alaska.
(d) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
5. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)