|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Punctured lungs.
(b) Lead poisoning.
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) In the Westerberg home.
(c) In a cheap boarding house.
(d) In a tack room.
3. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To justify his own youth.
(c) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(d) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
2. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
3. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
4. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)