|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
(a) That he had moved out three months before.
(b) That there was no such address.
(c) That Chris had never lived there.
(d) That the building had been torn down.
2. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A meal and a room for the night.
(b) A job on his combine crew.
(c) A pair of rubber boots.
(d) A ride to Alaska.
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(b) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(c) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(d) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
4. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Sixteen weeks.
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They usually gave up after three days.
(b) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(c) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(d) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
3. Where did Chris intend to hike?
4. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
5. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)