|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Berkley, California.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
(a) That he was a foolish boy who threw away his life.
(b) That he was murdered in Alaska.
(c) That he was accident prone.
(d) That he had the spirit of Daniel Boone.
3. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In the Westerberg home.
(b) In a tack room.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) In a cheap boarding house.
4. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Emory University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(b) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(c) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(d) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
2. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
3. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
5. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)