|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
(b) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(c) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(d) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
2. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were too large for his feet.
(b) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(c) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(d) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) He promised he would not do that.
(b) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(c) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
(d) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
(a) Mt. St. Helens.
(b) Mt. Rushmore.
(c) Old Faithful.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(c) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(d) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
3. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)