|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To justify his own youth.
(c) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(d) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(b) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(c) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(d) It was much larger than he anticipated.
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(b) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(c) He retraced his way back upstream.
(d) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
4. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) In the Caberet in Carthage.
(b) At his house in Carthage.
(c) In the Daily News in Carthage.
(d) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
5. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
(a) Mt. Rushmore.
(b) Mt. McKinley.
(c) Mt. St. Helens.
(d) Old Faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
3. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)