|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to commit suicide.
(b) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(c) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
3. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(b) They were too large for his feet.
(c) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(d) They were designed for mountain climbing.
4. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(b) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(c) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(d) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
5. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(b) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
(c) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
(d) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
2. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
3. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
4. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
5. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)