|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(b) Adventures of several other young men.
(c) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(d) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(d) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Emory University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) The University of Virginia.
4. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
(a) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) On the Colorado River.
(d) In Los Angeles.
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(b) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
2. Where did Chris intend to hike?
3. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
5. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)