|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A quotation.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A skull and cross bones.
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Family Happiness.
(d) The Cherry Orchard.
3. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(b) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(c) He intended to return and pay for it.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
4. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(b) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(c) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(d) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
5. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
2. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
3. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)