|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(b) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(c) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(d) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
2. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
3. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They hired a private investigator.
(d) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
4. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(b) Family Happiness.
(c) The Cherry Orchard.
(d) War and Peace.
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(b) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
2. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
4. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
5. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)