|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) In a tack room.
(c) In a cheap boarding house.
(d) In the Westerberg home.
2. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Berkley, California.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Houston, Texas.
(d) New York City.
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(b) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(c) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(d) That Alex might be a serial killer.
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(b) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(c) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(d) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) A troop of Boy Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
4. Where did Chris intend to hike?
5. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)