|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Identifying him.
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(b) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(c) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(d) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(b) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
(c) He promised he would not do that.
(d) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
4. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had taken someone with him.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(d) If he had brought along some brandy.
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(d) Punctured lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
3. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)