|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As Bill Cody.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As a botonist.
2. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Berkley, California.
(d) New York City.
3. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A plastic bag of groceries.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A battered canoe.
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(b) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(b) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
2. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
3. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
4. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
5. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)