|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(b) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(c) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
2. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About moose and carribu.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(d) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
3. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
(a) As a classic example of a true Robinson Crusoe.
(b) As a true hero others should look up to.
(c) As not very different from many idealistic, if short-sighted, young people.
(d) As mentally unbalanced.
4. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(c) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Keeping the body frozen.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
5. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)