|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(b) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(c) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(d) It was difficult to carry.
2. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(b) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(c) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
4. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(b) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(c) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(d) Adventures of several other young men.
5. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Sixteen weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
2. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
3. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)