|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(b) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(c) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(d) Adventures of several other young men.
2. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(b) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(c) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(d) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
3. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(b) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(c) They were too large for his feet.
(d) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As Bill Cody.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As a botonist.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Identifying him.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
2. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
3. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
5. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)