|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(b) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) To write a book like Thoreau.
(d) To hike as far north as he could go.
2. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
3. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A skull and cross bones.
(d) A quotation.
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As a botonist.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As Bill Cody.
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(b) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(c) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)