|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had taken someone with him.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(d) If he had brought along some brandy.
2. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
(a) That he was a foolish boy who threw away his life.
(b) That he was murdered in Alaska.
(c) That he was accident prone.
(d) That he had the spirit of Daniel Boone.
3. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(b) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They usually gave up after three days.
(b) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(c) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(d) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
5. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(b) To sell it to the movies.
(c) To justify his own youth.
(d) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
2. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
4. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
5. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)