|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(b) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(c) They usually gave up after three days.
(d) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus was a burned out shell.
(b) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(c) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(d) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(b) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
4. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(b) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
(c) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
(d) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
5. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Berkley, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
4. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
5. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)