|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(b) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(c) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
2. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(b) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(c) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(d) They were too large for his feet.
3. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(b) To hike as far north as he could go.
(c) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(d) To write a book like Thoreau.
4. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Berkley, California.
(d) New York City.
5. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A battered canoe.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A plastic bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
3. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
4. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
5. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)