|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(c) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
2. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The University of Virginia.
(d) Emory University.
3. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(b) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(c) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(d) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(b) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(c) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(d) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
5. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(c) The bus was a burned out shell.
(d) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
2. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)