|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(b) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(c) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(d) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
2. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(b) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(d) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The University of Virginia.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Emory University.
4. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) He promised he would not do that.
(b) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(c) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
(d) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
5. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To justify his own youth.
(c) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(d) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
4. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
5. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)