|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York City.
(c) Houston, Texas.
(d) Berkley, California.
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(b) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(c) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(d) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) Emory University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Yale University.
4. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
(b) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
(c) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(d) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
2. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
3. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
4. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
5. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)