|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Identifying him.
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
3. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(b) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(c) If he had brought along some brandy.
(d) If he had taken someone with him.
4. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Sixteen weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(b) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(c) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(d) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 begin?
2. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
4. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)