|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
(a) He gave away his entire savings to charity, abandoned his possessions, and became a drifter and wilderness explorer.
(b) He began a backpack trip that he hoped would eventually take him around the world.
(c) He shot his father and spent the next three years on the run from the police.
(d) He gave his car to his sister and took a bicycle to New York where he went to work on a merchant ship.
2. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
(c) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(d) They usually gave up after three days.
3. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(b) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(b) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(c) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(d) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
2. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
5. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)