|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(c) They usually gave up after three days.
(d) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
2. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(b) It was difficult to carry.
(c) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(d) It was badly in need of cleaning.
3. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he was near death.
(b) That visitors were welcome.
(c) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(d) That he would return in an hour.
4. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Identifying him.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(b) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
2. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
3. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
4. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)