|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(b) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Identifying him.
2. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
(a) Berkley, California.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) Houston, Texas.
3. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
(a) As a true hero others should look up to.
(b) As not very different from many idealistic, if short-sighted, young people.
(c) As mentally unbalanced.
(d) As a classic example of a true Robinson Crusoe.
4. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Sixteen weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Six months.
5. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Emory University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
2. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
3. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
4. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
5. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)