|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(b) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(c) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(d) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
2. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
3. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
(a) An 80-year-old man called OUTSIDE Magazine to tell them about Chris McCandless.
(b) Christopher McCandless disappeared and no one ever knew what happened to him.
(c) There was a volcano that killed a young man named Christopher McCandless.
(d) Christopher McCandless hitchhiked to Alaska and entered the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley and four months later, a party of hunters found his body.
4. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A skull and cross bones.
(d) A quotation.
5. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
3. How does Krakauer classify Chris as opposed to the way most people saw him?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)