|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Sixteen weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike as far north as he could go.
(b) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) To write a book like Thoreau.
(d) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
3. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(b) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(c) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(d) Adventures of several other young men.
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(c) As a botonist.
(d) As Bill Cody.
5. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(b) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
3. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)