|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(b) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(c) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(d) It was difficult to carry.
2. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To sell it to the movies.
(b) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(c) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
(d) To justify his own youth.
3. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(b) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(c) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(d) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(b) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(c) They were designed for mountain climbing.
(d) They were too large for his feet.
5. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(d) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
3. What event happened in April 1992 that prompted the writing of Into The Wild?
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
5. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)