|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(d) Punctured lungs.
2. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
(a) Mt. Rushmore.
(b) Mt. St. Helens.
(c) Old Faithful.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
3. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(b) Adventures of several other young men.
(c) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
(d) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
4. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(b) If he had taken someone with him.
(c) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(d) If he had brought along some brandy.
5. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About moose and carribu.
(b) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(c) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(d) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
2. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
3. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
4. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
5. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)