Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(c) As Bill Cody.
(d) As a botonist.
2. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(b) It was difficult to carry.
(c) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(d) It was badly in need of cleaning.
3. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(d) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
4. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(b) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(c) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
(d) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
5. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(b) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(c) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(d) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
2. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
3. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
4. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
5. Two decades later, what has Krakauer learned about his relationship with his father?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)