|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(c) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
2. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(d) About moose and carribu.
3. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(b) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(c) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
4. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His being a loner.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His poor hygiene.
5. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(b) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(c) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(d) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
3. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
4. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
5. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)