|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Virginia Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
(b) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(d) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
2. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(b) As Wayne Westerberg.
(c) As Bill Cody.
(d) As a botonist.
3. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A skull and cross bones.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A quotation.
(d) A photograph.
4. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They hired a private investigator.
(d) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
5. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(b) A new leather backpack.
(c) A wallet to give to Franz.
(d) A pair of moccasins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
2. What did Gail believe about Chris's past life?
3. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
4. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
5. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)