Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Alaska.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be Krakauer's main motive in writing Into The Wild?
(a) To justify his own youth.
(b) To defend Chris McCandless from his critics.
(c) To sell it to the movies.
(d) To win a Pulitzer Prize.
2. Near what famous landmark did Chris McCandless die?
(a) Old Faithful.
(b) Mt. Rushmore.
(c) Mt. St. Helens.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
3. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
4. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to UNICEF.
(b) He gave it to his sister.
(c) He donated it to OXFAM.
(d) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(b) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(c) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(d) They hired a private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
4. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
5. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)