|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Anza-Borrego.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
(a) If he had found a warmer shelter in Alaska.
(b) If he had not made one or two critical mistakes.
(c) If he had brought along some brandy.
(d) If he had taken someone with him.
2. What is the tone of Krakauer's book?
3. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
(a) That he was murdered in Alaska.
(b) That he was accident prone.
(c) That he had the spirit of Daniel Boone.
(d) That he was a foolish boy who threw away his life.
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(b) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
5. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
(b) Bring him into the family business.
(c) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
(d) Give him a trip to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
2. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
4. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
5. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)