Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Detrital Wash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Krakauer include in the book besides events he uncovered from the life of Chris McCandless?
(a) Adventures of several other young men.
(b) Some of his own experiences as a young man.
(c) Facts and figures from the U. S. Census Bureau.
(d) Some allusions to Huckelberry Finn.
2. What do some people think about Chris McCandless?
(a) That he had the spirit of Daniel Boone.
(b) That he was a foolish boy who threw away his life.
(c) That he was murdered in Alaska.
(d) That he was accident prone.
3. Why was author Jon Krakauer interested in writing Chris's story?
(a) Krakauer wanted to pass judgement on Chris in the hopes of preventing another young man from doing the same.
(b) Krakauer recognized that Chris's story would be a sure-fire best seller and be made into a movie.
(c) Krakauer had nothing better to do at the time and thought he would enjoy visiting all the places Chris had gone.
(d) Krakauer identifies with McCandless's attraction to nature and to high-risk activities, and also understands the young man's troubled relationship with his father.
4. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Where no one had ever gone before.
(b) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(c) Southwestward into Canada.
(d) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(b) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)