|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange actions did Chris take right after graduating college?
(a) He gave away his entire savings to charity, abandoned his possessions, and became a drifter and wilderness explorer.
(b) He gave his car to his sister and took a bicycle to New York where he went to work on a merchant ship.
(c) He began a backpack trip that he hoped would eventually take him around the world.
(d) He shot his father and spent the next three years on the run from the police.
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
3. Where had Chris McCandless attended school and graduated with honors?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Emory University.
4. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
(a) A quotation.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A skull and cross bones.
(d) A drawing.
5. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A plastic bag of groceries.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A battered canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krakauer think might have made the difference in Chris's survival?
2. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
3. Where did Chris McCandless come from?
4. Where did Chris intend to hike?
5. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)