|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
(a) McCunn died in the Alaskan wilderness because of an oversight just as Chris did.
(b) Like Chris, McCunn ruined his camera in the Alaskan wilderness.
(c) Both of them were serious dropouts from society.
(d) Both Chris and McCunn were gainfully employed when they went on their fatal trips.
2. Who had carved a passage from the creek up to the dry gulch?
(a) American Indians.
(c) Mormon cattlemen.
(d) Railroad explorers.
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Almost a year.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(b) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(c) Jan Burres called them.
(d) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
5. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) Jan Buress.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
2. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
3. Where did Chris intend to hike?
4. What is prominently displayed in Carine McCandless's home?
5. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)