|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) The highlanders.
(b) The Celtic travelers.
(c) The papar.
(d) St Patrick monks.
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(b) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(c) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(d) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(b) Digging ditches.
(c) Acting as a security gurad.
(d) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
4. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
(a) That he had expressed a desire to marry and have a family some day.
(b) That he would eventually end up in a monastery in Tibet.
(c) That he secretly had a sexual fantasy about his sister.
(d) That he knew what he was doing was unfair to his parents.
5. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A wealthy uncle.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) A former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
2. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
3. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
4. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
5. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)