|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Chris's attitude toward injustices that began when he was in college?
(a) He began bringing homeless people to his dorm room.
(b) He took classes about world hunger, poverty, wealth distribution and racism.
(c) He started a soup kitchen in Annandale.
(d) He refused a new car because there were so many people who did not have one.
2. What spurred Krakauer on after his failed attempt to climb Devil's Thumb?
(a) A spider that keeps working after its web breaks.
(b) The fact that he has enough food to try again.
(c) The prospect of defeat.
(d) His mood after he naps.
3. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(c) Jan Burres called them.
(d) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
4. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) A yearly trip to Texas.
(b) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
(c) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(d) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
5. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
(a) Both of them graduated from Emory University.
(b) Both of them were classical musicians.
(c) Both of them drove Yellow Datsons.
(d) Both of them had issues with their family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
3. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
5. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)