|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As a lunatic.
(b) As uneducated.
(c) As a father figure.
(d) As being benevolent.
2. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(b) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(c) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(d) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
3. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
(b) Yosemite Sam.
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(b) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(c) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(d) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
5. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
2. In light of his own experiences, what does Krakauer think of Chris's tactics?
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
4. Where did Chris leave from on April 15, 1992 on his journey to Alaska?
5. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)