|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
(a) The other drifters believed he was an undercover cop.
(b) Tracy, a 17-year-old girl developed a huge crush on him.
(c) He got into an argument with Jan Burres.
(d) He could produce no identification when the border patrol came to the camp.
2. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
(a) To show how he was so much better than Chris.
(b) To see if he is any different now as a mature man.
(c) To prove that he had no right to write about Chris.
(d) To show his affinity with Chris.
3. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
(a) Information that they were wanted by the police.
(b) He arrived at their door before they could leave.
(c) Their mobile home broke down.
(d) A series of freak desert storms.
4. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
(b) Yosemite Sam.
5. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
(a) He was lazy about training.
(b) He wanted other people to win.
(c) He was not interested in competition.
(d) He did not take defeat well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
2. What spurred Krakauer on after his failed attempt to climb Devil's Thumb?
3. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
4. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
5. What did Krakauer do similar to what Chris did when he needed to go to the village of Petersberg?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)