|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(b) He intended to return and pay for it.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) He had always wanted a bike like that.
2. After Chris left home, why didnn't Carine get upset when he won't tell her where he was?
(a) She knew Chris was happy and thought he would come home some day.
(b) She was glad he was gone so she could have his room.
(c) She thought their father would try to bring him home if he knew.
(d) She didn't want to know because she didn't care.
3. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
4. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(b) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) People in a small village.
5. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
(a) He had studied up on edible plants in America.
(b) He wrote lucidly in his journal.
(c) He had decided this would be his last adventure.
(d) Chris had no illusion that someone would come to save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
5. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)