|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
(a) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) On the Colorado River.
2. What kind of business do Carine and her husband operate?
(a) A publishing company.
(b) A daycare for the elderly.
(c) An auto repair business.
(d) An electronics shop.
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(c) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(d) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
4. What does Carine recall that Chris loved so much?
(a) His yellow Datsun.
(b) Her dog, Buck.
(c) Reading Moby Dick.
(d) The Gianni guitar.
5. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
3. Who had carved a passage from the creek up to the dry gulch?
4. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
5. What characteristic of his father's does Krakauer mention as a flaw?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)