|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As a botonist.
(b) As Bill Cody.
(c) As Wayne Westerberg.
(d) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) Jan Buress.
3. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(c) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(d) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
4. What did Chris and Ruess each do shortly before their deaths?
(a) Dig their graves.
(b) Write out a will.
(c) Post several letters.
(d) Burn their money.
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They hired a private investigator.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(d) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
2. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
3. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
4. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
5. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)