|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is prominently displayed in Carine McCandless's home?
(a) A scrapbook of news clippings about Chris.
(b) Two photographs of her brother, Chris.
(c) All of Chris's track trophies.
(d) A painting she did of her brother, Chris.
2. Two decades later, what has Krakauer learned about his relationship with his father?
(a) Krakauer learned that he had improved himself by not becoming like his father.
(b) Krakauer learned that his father was always shallow and always would be.
(c) Krakauer realizes he was selfish, stubborn, and as difficult for his father to deal with as his father's behavior had been for him.
(d) Krakauer learned that he had been right to defy his father.
3. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(b) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(c) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(d) About moose and carribu.
4. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Cooking for himself.
(b) Managing money.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Having a relationship with a girl.
5. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(b) He headed north to Alaska.
(c) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(d) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
2. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
3. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
4. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)