|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity is there between Jon's relationship with his father and Chris's relationship with Walt?
(a) Secrets were revealed and both young men resented the hypocracy.
(b) Both fathers were old and out of touch.
(c) Both fathers were weak willed and seldom gave their children advice.
(d) Both fathers turned out to be bigamists.
2. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A wealthy uncle.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) A former employer.
3. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
(a) Managing money.
(b) Having a relationship with a girl.
(c) Living off the land.
(d) Cooking for himself.
4. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(b) He retraced his way back upstream.
(c) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(d) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
5. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
(a) Information that they were wanted by the police.
(b) Their mobile home broke down.
(c) He arrived at their door before they could leave.
(d) A series of freak desert storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
2. After a semester at UCLA and a winter in San Francisco, what did Ruess do?
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
4. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
5. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)