|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Southwestward into Canada.
(b) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
(c) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
(d) Where no one had ever gone before.
2. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
(b) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(c) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(d) It was difficult to carry.
3. After a semester at UCLA and a winter in San Francisco, what did Ruess do?
(a) Studying photography.
(b) Keeping a journal that was published after his death.
(c) Spent the rest of his days backpacking and sleeping on the ground.
(d) Looking for someone to join his nature walks.
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus was a burned out shell.
(b) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(c) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(d) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
5. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(b) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(c) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
(d) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
2. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
3. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
4. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
5. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)