|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that he had found the Magic Bus?
(a) Because it saved him from having to pitch his tent.
(b) Because it reminded him of a magic flying machine.
(c) Because it was stocked with wilderness essentials by the hunters who use it during moose season.
(d) Because it popped up out of nowhere.
2. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) Family Happiness.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Gulag Archipeliago.
(d) The Cherry Orchard.
3. Chris confided to Gail Borah that he was close to one member of his family. Who is that?
(a) His gramdmother.
(b) His cousin, Jason.
(c) His uncle, Milton.
(d) His sister, Carine.
4. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
(c) Yosemite Sam.
5. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
(a) He gave his father an expensive telescope and told him how much he appreciated him.
(b) He asked his father's advice about choosing a college.
(c) He let his father ready his personal journal.
(d) He spent that summer doing things with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
2. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
3. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
4. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
5. How were Chris's ideals defined in his own mind?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)