|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affected the eating habits of Chris's family?
(a) Not being able to eat rice.
(b) Thinking more about the homeless.
(c) Thinking about how they found Chris's body.
(d) Learning that he starved to death.
2. What was the skeleton in Walt's closet that stressed the whole family, Chris in particular?
(a) Walt had lived a bigamist life for some years after Chris was born.
(b) Walt had affairs with several women.
(c) Walt kept a mistress after Chris went to college.
(d) Walt and Billie divorced but later remarried.
3. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
(a) He refused to let Jan drive him to pick up his last check at McDonald's.
(b) He now wanted to collect all the money he could to outfit himself for Alaska.
(c) He refused to take money for the work he did, but accepted goods that probably cost as much.
(d) He borrowed money that he knew he could never repay.
4. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
(a) Nuclear physicist.
(b) Advanced radar technology.
(c) CIA undercover.
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(b) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(c) They usually gave up after three days.
(d) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
2. When Krakauer was at the mountain he came to climb, what enhanced his emotions?
3. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
4. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
5. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)