|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Chris travel on the Stampede Trail before he located the abandoned bus?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) A mile and a half.
(d) Ten miles.
2. During an interview with Krakauer, what does Westerberg say about Chris?
(a) That he had an admirable spirit of adventure.
(b) That he seldom told the truth.
(c) That he lacked common sense.
(d) That he was an expert mechanic.
3. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Joshua Tree National Park.
(b) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(c) Palm Springs.
(d) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
4. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
(a) He gave his father an expensive telescope and told him how much he appreciated him.
(b) He asked his father's advice about choosing a college.
(c) He let his father ready his personal journal.
(d) He spent that summer doing things with his father.
5. What two requests did Stuckey make of Alex as they parted company?
(a) Change his mind and go back to the Westerbergs.
(b) Write him a letter when he returns and call his parents before he goes into the wilderness.
(c) Send him photos of his adventure and notify the forrest service where he will be.
(d) Wait until spring and work to get money for better boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
3. What spurred Krakauer on after his failed attempt to climb Devil's Thumb?
4. What ambitions did Jon Krakauer's father have for all of his children?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)