|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
(b) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(c) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(d) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
2. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
(a) That Chris had never lived there.
(b) That the building had been torn down.
(c) That he had moved out three months before.
(d) That there was no such address.
3. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) The highlanders.
(b) The papar.
(c) The Celtic travelers.
(d) St Patrick monks.
4. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
(a) CIA undercover.
(b) Advanced radar technology.
(c) Nuclear physicist.
5. When Krakauer was at the mountain he came to climb, what enhanced his emotions?
(a) The cheers of the people who came to see him off.
(b) The beauty of the snowy terrain and clear sky was intensified for him by his solitude.
(c) Two sturdy aluminum curtain rods with him, lashed in a cross shape, to prevent him from falling into a crevasse.
(d) The clean air which gave him an oxygen high.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
2. What did Gail believe about Chris's past life?
3. What ambitions did Jon Krakauer's father have for all of his children?
4. What was the tender moment between Chris and his father right after Chris graduated from high school?
5. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)