|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Krakauer mention who had done something similar to what Chris did and survived?
(a) The first man to climb Mt. McKinley.
(b) Thor Heidahl who sailed the Pacific in a canoe.
(c) Gene Rosellini, the Mayor of Hippie Cove.
(d) Albert Swartz, a modern day Thoreau.
2. After Chris left home, why didnn't Carine get upset when he won't tell her where he was?
(a) She didn't want to know because she didn't care.
(b) She was glad he was gone so she could have his room.
(c) She thought their father would try to bring him home if he knew.
(d) She knew Chris was happy and thought he would come home some day.
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He gave it to his sister.
(b) He donated it to OXFAM.
(c) He gave it to UNICEF.
(d) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Wayne Westerberg.
(b) As Bill Cody.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As a botonist.
5. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He realized he needed a second name.
(b) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(c) He liked the initials AB.
(d) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area do people who knew Chris agree that he was inexperienced?
2. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
3. How did Chris travel the 1,000 miles from Laird, Alaska, to Fairbanks?
4. Racing against a storm, Krakauer reaches the summit of the Thumb. How does he describe it?
5. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)