|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A meal and a room for the night.
(b) A pair of rubber boots.
(c) A ride to Alaska.
(d) A job on his combine crew.
2. Why does Krakauer devote Chapter 9 to the story of Everett Ruess?
(a) Krakauer wants to show how different Ruess is from Chris.
(b) Krakauer wants to demonstrate mental illness in Ruess.
(c) Karkauer wants to expand the scope of his thesis.
(d) Krakauer sees great similarities between Ruess and Chris.
3. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Punctured lungs.
(d) Lead poisoning.
4. What happened to Billie in July of 1992?
(a) She had a dibilitating auto accident.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She was diagnosed with cancer.
(d) She had a vivid dream of Chris calling her for help.
5. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(b) Jan Buress.
(c) His sister.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
3. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
4. What surprising thing about Chris does Westerberg remember about him?
5. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)