|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Alaska Interior.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(b) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(c) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(d) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
2. On his last trip to Carthage, who is the woman Chris became close with?
(a) Westerberg's girlfriend, Gail Borah.
(b) Westerberg's mother, Alice.
(c) Westerberg's cook, Francine.
(d) Westerberg's daughter, AnneW.
3. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) On the coast in Oregon.
(b) Back at the Westenberg's house.
(c) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(d) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
4. How far did Chris travel on the Stampede Trail before he located the abandoned bus?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) A mile and a half.
(c) Forty miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
5. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
(b) He planed to commit suicide.
(c) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(d) He planed to go live in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
2. When Chris corresponded with his sister, what did he confide to her?
3. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. In Chris's relationships with people, what is the most striking contradiction?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)