|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(b) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(c) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
2. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(b) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(c) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(d) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
3. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His bad attitude.
(b) His poor hygiene.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His being a loner.
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) A rifle that had been buried.
(b) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(c) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(d) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(b) Identifying him.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
2. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
3. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
4. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
5. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)