|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(b) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(c) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(d) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
2. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(d) About moose and carribu.
3. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) On the coast in Oregon.
(b) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(d) Back at the Westenberg's house.
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(b) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(c) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(d) The bus was a burned out shell.
5. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(b) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(c) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(d) He retraced his way back upstream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
3. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
4. What did Westerberg give Chris?
5. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)