|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
(a) He could produce no identification when the border patrol came to the camp.
(b) The other drifters believed he was an undercover cop.
(c) He got into an argument with Jan Burres.
(d) Tracy, a 17-year-old girl developed a huge crush on him.
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
(b) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(c) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(d) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
3. Where did Chris intend to hike?
(a) Southwestward into Canada.
(b) Where no one had ever gone before.
(c) Along the Alaskan Pipeline.
(d) The Stampede Trail, a faint track in the wilderness well off the beaten path.
4. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(b) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(c) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
(d) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
5. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A former employer.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) A wealthy uncle.
(d) A friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
3. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
4. How does Chapter 1 begin?
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)