|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(c) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(d) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
2. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A pair of rubber boots.
(b) A meal and a room for the night.
(c) A ride to Alaska.
(d) A job on his combine crew.
3. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He headed north to Alaska.
(b) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(c) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(d) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
4. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Bring him into the family business.
(b) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
(c) Give him a trip to Europe.
(d) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(c) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)