|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(b) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(c) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(d) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
2. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
(a) It slipped his mind after he got back to town.
(b) He decided Chris would give up on his foolish plan soon enough.
(c) He planned to return to check up on Chris.
(d) He promised he would not do that.
4. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In a cheap boarding house.
(b) At the YMCA.
(c) In the Westerberg home.
(d) In a tack room.
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(b) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(d) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
2. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
3. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
4. What was Chris carrying when he met Jim Gallien?
5. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)