|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He liked the initials AB.
(b) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(c) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
(d) He realized he needed a second name.
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) In a tack room.
(b) At the YMCA.
(c) In the Westerberg home.
(d) In a cheap boarding house.
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(c) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(b) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(c) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
(d) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(b) People in a small village.
(c) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
2. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
3. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
4. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)