|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(b) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
2. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(b) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(c) People in a small village.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(b) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(c) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(d) That Alex might be a serial killer.
4. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Bill Cody.
(b) As a botonist.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As Wayne Westerberg.
5. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
(a) To make Chris seem thoughtless and cold.
(b) To contrast them with the adoptive Westerberg family.
(c) Just for conversation with Wayne Westerberg.
(d) To give the reader an idea that Chris might change his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
3. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
4. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)