|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he was near death.
(b) That visitors were welcome.
(c) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(d) That he would return in an hour.
2. What did Walt and Billie McCandless discover when they drive to Chris's apartment in Atlanta?
(a) That he had moved out three months before.
(b) That Chris had never lived there.
(c) That there was no such address.
(d) That the building had been torn down.
3. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
(a) They quickly walked back to Fairbanks.
(b) They never got around to writing about their adventure.
(c) They usually gave up after three days.
(d) Such greenhorns usually underestimated the wilderness to their own peril.
4. At which stop did Chris remain for the longest time?
(a) On the coast in Oregon.
(b) In Bullhead City, Arizona.
(c) Back at the Westenberg's house.
(d) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Keeping the body frozen.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris intend to hike?
2. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)