|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Bill Cody.
(b) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(c) As Wayne Westerberg.
(d) As a botonist.
2. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(b) Punctured lungs.
3. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) Jan Buress.
4. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(c) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
5. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(b) He planed to commit suicide.
(c) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
2. What device does Krakauer use to open Chapter 1 and subsequent chapters?
3. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. What prevented Jan and Bob from going to Bullhead City to pick Chris up?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)