|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Sixteen weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A job on his combine crew.
(b) A meal and a room for the night.
(c) A ride to Alaska.
(d) A pair of rubber boots.
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) The Cherry Orchard.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Family Happiness.
(d) The Gulag Archipeliago.
4. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A former employer.
(c) A wealthy uncle.
(d) A friend of the family.
5. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
(b) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(c) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
(d) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
4. What complication did Chris face while living in The Slabs?
5. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)