|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(b) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(c) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(d) It was much larger than he anticipated.
3. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
(b) At his house in Carthage.
(c) In the Caberet in Carthage.
(d) In the Daily News in Carthage.
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(d) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
5. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(b) To write a book like Thoreau.
(c) To hike as far north as he could go.
(d) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
2. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
3. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
4. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
5. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)