|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris live while he was in Carthage?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) In a tack room.
(c) In the Westerberg home.
(d) In a cheap boarding house.
2. What had Chris's mother and father offered to do after he graduated from college?
(a) Give him a trip to Europe.
(b) Bring him into the family business.
(c) Help him get a job with their Congressman.
(d) Buy him a new car and pay for his graduate school.
3. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(b) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
(c) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(d) About moose and carribu.
4. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
(a) In the Daily News in Carthage.
(b) In the Caberet in Carthage.
(c) At his house in Carthage.
(d) At a Texaco station in Carthage.
5. What is The Slabs?
(a) A settlement of people who erect their tents on concrete slabs.
(b) A flat, rocky area in the Arizona desert.
(c) An abandoned military base where drifters come during the winter.
(d) An old U. S. Calvary outpost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
2. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
3. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
4. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)