|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(b) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
(c) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(d) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(b) He intended to return and pay for it.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
3. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
(a) About the length of winters in Alaska.
(b) Informed questions about the flora and fauna of Alaska.
(c) About moose and carribu.
(d) About traffic in that part of Alaska.
4. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Identifying him.
5. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(b) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(c) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
2. In what way did Chris exhibit a double standard about money?
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
5. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)