|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
(a) To make Chris seem thoughtless and cold.
(b) Just for conversation with Wayne Westerberg.
(c) To contrast them with the adoptive Westerberg family.
(d) To give the reader an idea that Chris might change his mind.
2. Where did Chris meet Wayne Westerberg?
(a) In Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In Carthage, South Dakota.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) On the Colorado River.
3. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
(a) The ice broke on the river and left it more than a hundred yards wide.
(b) His vehicle broke down and it took hours to fix.
(c) It was difficult to find a place where radio signals could get through.
(d) The other people did not want him to contact the troopers because they did not want to get involved.
4. What is The Slabs?
(a) A flat, rocky area in the Arizona desert.
(b) An abandoned military base where drifters come during the winter.
(c) A settlement of people who erect their tents on concrete slabs.
(d) An old U. S. Calvary outpost.
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(c) Punctured lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
2. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
3. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
4. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
5. What did Westerberg give Chris?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)