|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Chris already been separating himself from his family?
(a) By not speaking to them for months at a time.
(b) By going out of town for holidays and weekends.
(c) By only meeting them occasionally at a restaurant.
(d) By living off campus in a room that had no phone.
2. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
(a) To hike as far north as he could go.
(b) To walk into the wilderness near Denali National Park to live off the land for several months.
(c) To hike from Mt. McKinley to the Gulf of Mexico.
(d) To write a book like Thoreau.
3. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
(a) His being a loner.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His bad attitude.
(d) His poor hygiene.
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
(b) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(c) He realized he needed a second name.
(d) He liked the initials AB.
5. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) A former employer.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) A wealthy uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
3. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. What questions did Chris ask Gallien that impressed the older man?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)