|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
(b) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(c) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
(d) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
2. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
(a) He donated it to OXFAM.
(b) He gave it to UNICEF.
(c) He gave it to the Salvation Army.
(d) He gave it to his sister.
3. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
(a) Family Happiness.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Cherry Orchard.
(d) The Gulag Archipeliago.
4. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
(b) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
5. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(b) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(c) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(d) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Chris stop writing in his journal?
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
3. Where did Krakaeur meet Westerberg?
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
5. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)