|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
(a) It was badly in need of cleaning.
(b) It was too small to be effective against large animals.
(c) It was difficult to carry.
(d) It had no case to put it in for protection from the weather.
2. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(b) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(c) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
3. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus was a burned out shell.
(b) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(c) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(d) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
4. What did Gallien notice about Chris's boots?
(a) They were lightweight and not waterproof.
(b) They were old and ripped out at the seams.
(c) They were too large for his feet.
(d) They were designed for mountain climbing.
5. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As Bill Cody.
(b) As Wayne Westerberg.
(c) As a botonist.
(d) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Krakauer include so much about the McCandless family in Chapter 3?
2. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
3. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
4. Why did the employees at McDonald's object to Chris?
5. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)