|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(d) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) He intended to return and pay for it.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
3. How did Chris introduce himself to Gallien?
(a) As a botonist.
(b) As Bill Cody.
(c) As Alex, refusing to give a last name.
(d) As Wayne Westerberg.
4. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to commit suicide.
(b) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
(c) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(d) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
5. How does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) With a description of the Alaskan wildeerness.
(b) With a conversation Chris has with an Inuit.
(c) With a postcard written by McCandless, addressed to Wayne Westerberg in Carthage, South Dakota.
(d) With a letter Chris writes to his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
2. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
3. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
4. What did Gallien think about Chris's weapon?
5. What did Gallien know about city people who came to do what Chris had in mind?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)