|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jim Gallien first encounter Chris?
(a) In a cheap cafe on the outskirts of Fairbanks.
(b) In a hardware store in Fairbanks, Alaska.
(c) Hitchhiking about four miles outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.
(d) In the library at Fairbanks, Alaska.
2. What was Chris's plan for after college that he did not tell his family?
(a) He planed to go on an indefinite road trip.
(b) He planed to commit suicide.
(c) He planed to go live in Mexico.
(d) He planed to marry a girl his parents did not approve of.
3. What did Westerberg give Chris?
(a) A ride to Alaska.
(b) A pair of rubber boots.
(c) A job on his combine crew.
(d) A meal and a room for the night.
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He realized he needed a second name.
(b) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(c) He liked the initials AB.
(d) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
5. How did Chris describe Charlie, the man who let him stay in a vacant mobile home?
(a) As being benevolent.
(b) As uneducated.
(c) As a father figure.
(d) As a lunatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
3. After dropping Chris off, why did Gallien decide not to notify the authorities?
4. To whom did Chris send a postcard from Bullhead City?
5. What item of clothing did Chris seem to abhor?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)