|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Bullhead City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Chris (Alex) do while he stayed with Jan and Bob at The Slabs?
(a) Making hamburgers that he learned how to do at McDonald's.
(b) Acting as a security gurad.
(c) Selling in their fleamarket books stall.
(d) Digging ditches.
2. What comment does Krakauer make about Chris's fondness for Jack London?
(a) That London's books had all been proven to be false.
(b) That London had never actually been in Alaska.
(c) That Chris did not recognize London's lifestyle was different from the people he wrote about.
(d) That London lectured against doing exactly what Chris was doing.
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(b) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(c) He retraced his way back upstream.
(d) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
4. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) A rifle that had been buried.
(c) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(d) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
5. Who had left Chris a $40,000 inheritance for his school?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) A wealthy uncle.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) A former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris do with the $24,000 he had left over from his inheritance?
2. What did Chris tell Gallien his plans were?
3. What is The Slabs?
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
5. What Tolstoy book was found inside the bus?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)