|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That he was near death.
(c) That visitors were welcome.
(d) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
2. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He headed north to Alaska.
(b) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(c) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(d) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(b) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(c) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(d) That Alex might be a serial killer.
4. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
(b) He ran for President of the United States.
(c) He campaigned for LBJ.
(d) He applied to go to West Point.
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(b) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(c) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(d) A rifle that had been buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
2. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
3. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
4. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
5. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)