|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(b) He headed north to Alaska.
(c) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(d) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
2. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) Jan Burres called them.
(b) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(c) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(d) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
3. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A pair of moccasins.
(b) A wallet to give to Franz.
(c) A new leather backpack.
(d) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
4. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(b) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(c) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
(d) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Keeping the body frozen.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
2. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
3. How does Krakauer answer Chris's critics?
4. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
5. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)