|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(b) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(c) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(d) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
2. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(b) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(c) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(d) A raised fist.
3. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Joshua Tree National Park.
(d) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
4. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A new leather backpack.
(b) A wallet to give to Franz.
(c) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(d) A pair of moccasins.
5. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
(a) A pool with a waterfall.
(b) A tourist inn and spa.
(c) A ranger station.
(d) A hippie commune of sorts, which had sprung up around some natural hot springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
2. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
3. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
4. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
5. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)