|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
(b) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(c) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(d) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
2. What effect had Chris had on Ronald Franz?
(a) He sold his possessions and lived in a mobile camper.
(b) He started taking in every drifter he saw.
(c) He started going back to church.
(d) He became an alcoholic.
3. How does Krakauer answer Chris's critics?
(a) Krakauer cites several examples of marginal individuals who have died in the Alaskan wilderness, presenting the details of their cases to show that McCandless was not the typical foolish greenhorn.
(b) He maintains that Chris knew what he was doing and almost made it.
(c) He shows how Chris would have survived had it not been for an accident.
(d) He challenges anyone to do it better than Chris did.
4. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(a) Punctured lungs.
(b) Lead poisoning.
5. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
(a) Write a book about his travels.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Clean up and get a good job.
(d) Start teaching young people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
2. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
3. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
4. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
5. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)