|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(b) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(c) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(d) He headed north to Alaska.
2. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
(b) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(c) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(d) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
3. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Sixteen weeks.
4. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(b) He retraced his way back upstream.
(c) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(d) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
5. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
(a) About the Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(b) If his truck would make the trip and back.
(c) That he would have to walk to see Chris's campsite.
(d) Whether Chris was dangerous or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
2. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
3. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
5. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)