|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(d) Joshua Tree National Park.
2. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(b) A pair of moccasins.
(c) A wallet to give to Franz.
(d) A new leather backpack.
3. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(b) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(c) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(d) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(c) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(d) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
5. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
(a) He had decided this would be his last adventure.
(b) He had studied up on edible plants in America.
(c) He wrote lucidly in his journal.
(d) Chris had no illusion that someone would come to save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
3. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
4. What problem did Killian have in contacting the authorities?
5. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)