|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
(a) It was much larger than he anticipated.
(b) He had not been in a town where he could buy new boots.
(c) There were no people anywhere around the lake.
(d) The heat was so intense that he became delirious.
2. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Identifying him.
(d) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
3. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(b) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(c) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(d) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
4. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
(b) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(c) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(d) A yearly trip to Texas.
5. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(b) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(c) The bus was a burned out shell.
(d) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
2. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
3. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
4. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
5. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)