|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) A troop of Boy Scouts.
2. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(b) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(c) A raised fist.
(d) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
3. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(b) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(c) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
4. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(b) A yearly trip to Texas.
(c) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(d) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
5. Who does Krakauer mention who had done something similar to what Chris did and survived?
(a) Thor Heidahl who sailed the Pacific in a canoe.
(b) The first man to climb Mt. McKinley.
(c) Albert Swartz, a modern day Thoreau.
(d) Gene Rosellini, the Mayor of Hippie Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
2. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
4. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
5. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)