|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
(a) Chris burned his money, but Waterman always had money with him.
(b) Chris was afraid of the water and Waterman feared heights.
(c) Chis was short and Waterman was very tall.
(d) Chris was able to make friends, Waterman was socially awkward.
2. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
(a) A 3-carat diamond ring.
(b) A leather bound copy of Leaves of Grass.
(c) The Gianni guitar that was left in the yellow Datson.
(d) A vacation in Paris.
3. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
(a) The adventures of Edmund Scott.
(b) The loneliness of Henry David Thoreau.
(c) The troubles of Carl Jennings.
(d) The life of John Mallon Waterman.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(c) Jan Burres called them.
(d) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
5. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(d) A rifle that had been buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
2. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
3. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
4. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
5. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)