|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) A waitress at the small cafe.
(b) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
(c) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(d) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
(c) That visitors were welcome.
(d) That he was near death.
3. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
(a) That he missed his family and wanted to go home.
(b) That he was free from material possessions that tie him down.
(c) That he needed better hiking shoes since he was now walking.
(d) That it would be impossible to continue without a car.
4. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
(a) Clippings of newspaper articles and magazine stories about Chris.
(b) No photos of Chris in the house.
(c) A photo memorial to Chris on the dining room table.
(d) All of Chris's track trophies lined up on the mantle.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Identifying him.
(b) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(c) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
2. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
3. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
4. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
5. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)