|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(b) The bus was a burned out shell.
(c) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(d) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
2. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That he was near death.
(c) That visitors were welcome.
(d) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
3. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
(a) Both of them were classical musicians.
(b) Both of them graduated from Emory University.
(c) Both of them drove Yellow Datsons.
(d) Both of them had issues with their family life.
4. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(b) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
5. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
(b) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(c) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(d) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
2. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
3. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
4. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
5. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)