|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
(a) The bus had been moved and they didn't know where to look for it.
(b) There was a terrible smell coming from inside the bus.
(c) There was a pack of wolves surrounding the bus.
(d) The bus was a burned out shell.
2. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
(b) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(c) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(d) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
3. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Identifying him.
(d) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(b) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
(c) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(d) Jan Burres called them.
5. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(b) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
3. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
4. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
5. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)