|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chris survive in that hostile environment?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixteen weeks.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Two weeks.
2. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
(a) He commited suicide and left no note.
(b) He went on the lecture tour.
(c) He traveled around the world backpacking.
(d) He settled down in a small town and raised a family.
3. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
(a) He walked from Washington, D. C. to San Francisco.
(b) He jumped out of a plane and parachuetted to the top of Mt. Hunter.
(c) He climbed Mt. Hunter's southeast spur on his own.
(d) He swam the English Channel in record time.
4. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He applied to go to West Point.
(b) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
(c) He ran for President of the United States.
(d) He campaigned for LBJ.
5. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(b) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(c) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(d) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important work does Walt McCandless do?
2. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
3. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
5. When Franz offered to give Chris a ride to his campsite, what is it he didn't know?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)