|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
(a) Joshua Tree National Park.
(b) Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
(c) Palm Springs.
(d) Right at Oh-My-God Hot Springs.
2. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(b) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(c) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(d) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
3. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(b) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(c) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
(d) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
4. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He intended to return and pay for it.
(b) He had always wanted a bike like that.
(c) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(d) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
5. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(b) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(c) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(d) A raised fist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
2. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
3. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
4. What was the similar experience that led to both of these stories of drop out and adventure?
5. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)