|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A wallet to give to Franz.
(b) A pair of moccasins.
(c) A new leather backpack.
(d) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
2. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
(a) He walked from Washington, D. C. to San Francisco.
(b) He climbed Mt. Hunter's southeast spur on his own.
(c) He jumped out of a plane and parachuetted to the top of Mt. Hunter.
(d) He swam the English Channel in record time.
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He retraced his way back upstream.
(b) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(c) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(d) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
4. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(b) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(c) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
(d) That Alex might be a serial killer.
5. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
(a) He was lazy about training.
(b) He wanted other people to win.
(c) He was not interested in competition.
(d) He did not take defeat well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chris get to San Francisco?
2. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
3. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
4. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
5. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)