|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A raised fist.
(b) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(c) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(d) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
2. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
(a) That Chris was never in full command of his faculties.
(b) That no one had fully informed Chris about all the dangers he faced.
(c) That McCandless understood the risks he faced and came fully prepared to surmount them.
(d) That Chris had been given misinformation that led to his doing the wrong things.
3. What unusual political action did Waterman take after his climb?
(a) He campaigned for LBJ.
(b) He ran for President of the United States.
(c) He applied to go to West Point.
(d) He got elected to the Fairbanks School Board.
4. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
(a) They went on TV begging Chris to come home.
(b) They got the police to put out an APB on Chris.
(c) They took a trip to Eureka, California.
(d) They hired a private investigator.
5. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
(a) He settled down in a small town and raised a family.
(b) He commited suicide and left no note.
(c) He went on the lecture tour.
(d) He traveled around the world backpacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
2. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
3. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
4. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
5. Who does Krakauer mention who had done something similar to what Chris did and survived?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)