|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he would return in an hour.
(b) That visitors were welcome.
(c) That he was near death.
(d) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
2. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(b) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(c) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
(d) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
3. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(b) A yearly trip to Texas.
(c) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(d) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
4. When did Jon Krakauer interview Walt McCandless?
(a) On what would have been Chris's birthday.
(b) A year after Chris died.
(c) Seven weeks after Chris's body was recovered.
(d) Never. He would not speak with Krakauer.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Identifying him.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Keeping the body frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alex stay outside of Salton City?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
4. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
5. What was located at Oh-My-God Hot Springs?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)