|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris make at Franz's house?
(a) A wallet to give to Franz.
(b) A leather belt that depicted all his travels to date.
(c) A new leather backpack.
(d) A pair of moccasins.
2. Although Waterman became something of a local hero, what job did he have in Fairbanks?
3. What feat did Waterman achieve in 1978?
(a) He jumped out of a plane and parachuetted to the top of Mt. Hunter.
(b) He walked from Washington, D. C. to San Francisco.
(c) He climbed Mt. Hunter's southeast spur on his own.
(d) He swam the English Channel in record time.
4. How did Walt and Billie McCandless learn in Chapter 4 where their son might be?
(a) Jan Burres called them.
(b) They received a ticket issued to their son for hitchhiking near Eureka, California.
(c) One of Chris's high school friends got a call from Chris.
(d) They saw him on a newscast on TV.
5. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
(a) Most people wanted to know more about Chris's family life.
(b) Most people applauded Chris's spirit.
(c) Most people thought Krakauer had made up the story.
(d) They were mostly critical of Chris's ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait did sports reveal in Chris?
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
3. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
4. What was in the McCandless house that speaks to the feelings of Walt and Billie McCandless toward Chris?
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)