|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do on frequent visits to Franz's apartment in Salton City?
(a) Clean house for Franz.
(b) His laundry and learn leathercraft.
(c) Read Franz's books.
(d) Work out in Franz's garage.
2. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(b) People in a small village.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
3. What symbol is ironic on the leather belt?
(a) A serpent head baring its fangs.
(b) Chris's initials surrounded by a scull and crossbones.
(c) A tombstone marked R.I.P.
(d) A raised fist.
4. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
(a) A vacation in Paris.
(b) A leather bound copy of Leaves of Grass.
(c) A 3-carat diamond ring.
(d) The Gianni guitar that was left in the yellow Datson.
5. What message did Chris leave taped to the door of the bus?
(a) That he was near death.
(b) That he would return in an hour.
(c) That visitors were welcome.
(d) That he had staked a claim on this bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
2. What is Krakauer's thesis about Chris?
3. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
4. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
5. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)