|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
(a) It runs along side of the Alaska Pipeline.
(b) Campers and hunters keep using it instead of making a new one.
(c) In the early 1960s, the trail was upgraded by Yutan Construction to an actual roadway.
(d) People use it to hike to Mt. McKinley.
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
(a) Martha Burres and her son Tom.
(b) Jane Burres and her nephew Fred.
(c) Betty Burres and her father Edgar.
(d) Jan Burres and her boyfriend Bob.
3. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(b) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(c) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
(d) A yearly trip to Texas.
4. What does Krakauer suggest shows that Chris was not mentally ill?
(a) He wrote lucidly in his journal.
(b) Chris had no illusion that someone would come to save him.
(c) He had studied up on edible plants in America.
(d) He had decided this would be his last adventure.
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
(a) Getting the body to Fairbanks.
(b) Keeping the body frozen.
(c) Finding enough tissue to autopsy.
(d) Identifying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. What story does Krakauer tell that resembles Chris's in many ways?
3. What parallel does Krakauer draw between Chris and Carl McCunn?
4. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
5. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)