|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a series of misadventures on his way to San Diego, why did Chris call Franz?
(a) To see if he had gotten any mail.
(b) To come pick him up.
(c) To tell Franz that he was in the hospital.
(d) To ask him to send money.
2. After surviving 10 years living off the land, what became of Rosellini?
(a) He commited suicide and left no note.
(b) He settled down in a small town and raised a family.
(c) He traveled around the world backpacking.
(d) He went on the lecture tour.
3. Why does Krakauer include a narrative about moose hunters driving off-road trucks to get to the site Chris eventually found?
(a) To show the difficulties even well-equipped people have in this wilderness.
(b) To provide a bit of humor against the tension of the story.
(c) To explain the existence of the bus where Chris stayed.
(d) To put a note of optimism into the story which sustains the suspense.
4. What was the official verdict on the cause of death?
(b) Punctured lungs.
(c) Lead poisoning.
5. What is the origin of the Stampede Trail?
(a) The trail that originally led to Pilgrim's mining claims along Stampede Creek.
(b) A trail left when Stampede Creek changed its course.
(c) A trail originally laid out by Virgil Stampede in the 1800s.
(d) An old trail made by stampeding cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Walt give Billie after the birth of Chris?
2. Impressed with Chris's intelligence, what did Franz try to get him to do?
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
4. What happened when the moose hunters got to the bus where they plan to camp out?
5. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)