Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Chesapeake Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Butch Killian want to do when he arrived on the bus scene where Chris had died?
(a) He wanted to contact the media because it was a great story.
(b) He wanted to form a search party to see if there was anyone else with the dead boy.
(c) He wanted to contact the state police to come and remove the body.
(d) He wanted to burn the bus to rid it of the smell.
2. What family outings did the McCandless family mention to Krakauer?
(a) Going to the Grand Canyon every year.
(b) A beach house in Cape Cod.
(c) Camping trips with an Airstream Trailer.
(d) A yearly trip to Texas.
3. What is Krakauer's message by using the details of the moose hunter's trip to the bus?
(a) He breaks up the story to keep it interesting.
(b) It is how he explains the difficulty in getting to the place where Chris died.
(c) He shows that even seasoned hunters must contend with the harsh elements of the northwest.
(d) He shows more about how beautiful the landscape is in that place.
4. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(b) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(c) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(d) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
5. Who did Chris meet on a trip into Salton City to get some supplies?
(a) Ron Franz, an 80-year-old man.
(b) A waitress at the small cafe.
(c) Westerberg, who is looking for work.
(d) A drifter he knew at The Slab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the authorities have after removing Chris's body?
2. Why did Chris decide to go to San Diego?
3. Why is the Stampede Trail still in use?
4. What response does Krakauer report that he got from his OUTSIDE Magazine article on Chris?
5. How do Waterman and Chris differ?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)