|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news seriously alarmed Jan Burres?
(a) That Alex was wanted by the Nevada police.
(b) That Alex might be a serial killer.
(c) That Alex had burned the last of his money when he abandoned his car.
(d) That Alex never intended to see any of his family again.
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
3. What did Krakauer do similar to what Chris did when he needed to go to the village of Petersberg?
(a) He burned his money.
(b) He abandoned his car.
(c) He sent postcards to friends.
(d) He bought a big bag of rice.
4. Who gave Krakauer dinner and a place to sleep in Petersberg?
(a) A drifter named Jan Buress.
(b) A policeman offered him a jail cell.
(c) The captain of a tuna fishing boat.
(d) A kind woman named Kai Sandburn.
5. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) The Celtic travelers.
(b) St Patrick monks.
(c) The papar.
(d) The highlanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a semester at UCLA and a winter in San Francisco, what did Ruess do?
2. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
4. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
5. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)