|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had carved a passage from the creek up to the dry gulch?
(a) Mormon cattlemen.
(b) American Indians.
(c) Railroad explorers.
2. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
(a) He intended to return and pay for it.
(b) The man he worked for refused to pay him.
(c) He was delirious at the time and did not know what he was doing.
(d) He had always wanted a bike like that.
3. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
(a) Photographers and painters.
(b) Hikers and rafters.
(c) Vagabonds and drifters.
(d) Native Americans and Russians.
4. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He liked the initials AB.
(b) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
(c) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(d) He realized he needed a second name.
5. In regards to family, how do Ruess and Chris compare?
(a) Ruess and Chris both missed their families as they traveled.
(b) Like Chris, Ruess felt his family supported his travels.
(c) They both were alienated from their families.
(d) Ruess seemed to be on good relations with his family unlike Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
2. What did Chris realize after he decided to abandon his once beloved Datsun?
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
4. What does Ruess's biographer, Ken Sleight, believe happened to Ruess?
5. What is Davis Gulch?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)