|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
(a) He hitchhiked to Needles, California, then walked through the desert to Topock, Arizona.
(b) He kept himself hidden because the police might have been looking for him.
(c) He stayed with Westerberg's family until he got out.
(d) He headed north to Alaska.
2. What is Davis Gulch?
(a) A valley that has only one way in and out.
(b) An extension of the Grand Canyon.
(c) A watery oasis in the midst of southern Utah.
(d) A cattle passage through western Utah.
3. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He retraced his way back upstream.
(b) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(c) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(d) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
4. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
(b) Yosemite Sam.
5. Why did Chris adopt the name Alex Burres?
(a) He took it when people thought he was Jan's son.
(b) He realized he needed a second name.
(c) He liked the initials AB.
(d) He became a surrogate for Jan Burres's estranged son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Christ steal a bicycle in Northern California?
2. Why did Chris write in his journal that hiking around Lake Meade was a mistake?
3. What did Chris and Ruess each do shortly before their deaths?
4. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
5. What does Ruess's biographer, Ken Sleight, believe happened to Ruess?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)