|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
(a) He ended up staying with a Mexican family for six weeks.
(b) He headed South and ended up in Acapulco.
(c) Some duck hunters agreed to drive him to the Gulf of California.
(d) He retraced his way back upstream.
2. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
(a) The highlanders.
(b) The papar.
(c) The Celtic travelers.
(d) St Patrick monks.
3. When Krakauer reached an impassable place on the mountain, what did he do?
(a) He started traveling horizontally on the mountain.
(b) There was nothing to do but descend.
(c) He sat down and cried.
(d) He radioed for help.
4. What did Chris and Ruess each do shortly before their deaths?
(a) Write out a will.
(b) Burn their money.
(c) Post several letters.
(d) Dig their graves.
5. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) People in a small village.
(b) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
(c) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(d) A troop of Boy Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
2. What similar classic books are favorites of Ruess and Chris?
3. What steps did Walt and Billie take to find Chris?
4. What is Krakauer's obvious purpose of including the information in Chapter 9?
5. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)