|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Stikine Ice Cap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human contact did Chris have as he hikeed West from Lake Mead?
(a) A troop of Boy Scouts.
(b) A few vagabonds and some law officers.
(c) People in a small village.
(d) Men working on an oil drilling rig.
2. In October of 1990, National Park Ranger, what did Bud Walsh discover?
(a) Chris's old yellow Datsun that had been abandoned.
(b) A backpack with $123 stuffed inside it.
(c) A rifle that had been buried.
(d) Evidence of a camp in a restricted area.
3. What type of people did Ruess like to spend time with?
(a) Hikers and rafters.
(b) Native Americans and Russians.
(c) Vagabonds and drifters.
(d) Photographers and painters.
4. Why does Krakauer relate his own experiences in Chapter 14?
(a) To show his affinity with Chris.
(b) To see if he is any different now as a mature man.
(c) To prove that he had no right to write about Chris.
(d) To show how he was so much better than Chris.
5. What alias did Ruess carve on the walls of the canyon?
(d) Yosemite Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris's canoe trip eventually take him after going as far as he could down the Colorado River?
2. Still calling himself by another name, Chris met two drifters who befriend him. Who were they?
3. What did Krakauer do similar to what Chris did when he needed to go to the village of Petersberg?
4. What did Chris do after Westerberg was jailed?
5. What group of Irish aesthetics does Krakauer include in Chapter 9?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)